Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by siddiquiali94)
    any international who got a email yet
    yeah, me-- for pembroke

ReputationRep:
    If I were to email Clare, would I email admission of Shelley directly? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by francesca.besson)
    Congrats, it's an awesome result, means you're definitely worth Cambridge
    Did you get a letter or email if you don't mind me asking? I am from EU so I emailed them to have my result, I know they were supposed to do that already but I am so impatient!!
    Ahhh thanks! I'm trying to see it like that - I just REALLY dont want any more interviews..

I was supposed to get a letter (which I expect will arrive tomorrow), but I'm going away tomorrow, so I asked for the result to be e-mailed, and it was about 3 hours later

ReputationRep:
    Has any international applicant heard anything yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Congratulations! What was the offer?
    (Original post by Bulbasaur)
    Ouch! Still an offer is an offer and I'm sure Cambridge will motivate you enough to get there XD Well done!

What were the grades? What subject + college?
    Thank you!!! Economics from Clare College.

I do Cambridge Pre-u, so it was D2 D2 D3 in Maths, Further Maths and Econ. But basically A*A*A if you were to convert to A-level grades.

Very scared about the A* in Further Maths, but definitely going to work hard - not going to mess this up now!

What about you guys - subject, college, offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HibernatingSeal)
    If I were to email Clare, would I email admission of Shelley directly? :confused:
    Shelley was the one that e-mailed me about my result.
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kittykat94)
    Got an unconditional offer for Law from Downing!
    Congratulations to everyone else who got an offer!!

And if you didn't, I got pooled then rejected last year - it's not the end of the world and you're all a bunch of incredibly clever people, regardless of what happens now
    Good luck to those in the pool - it's a daunting place to be, but 1 in 4 people at Cambridge are not at the college they initially selected, so hang in there!

Good luck everyone xx
    Me too - congratulations!! PM me x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by •Ball•So•Hard•)
    Ahhh thanks! I'm trying to see it like that - I just REALLY dont want any more interviews..

I was supposed to get a letter (which I expect will arrive tomorrow), but I'm going away tomorrow, so I asked for the result to be e-mailed, and it was about 3 hours later

Wow it took them 3 hours lol
    I hope King's is going to be a bit more efficient.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n.confused)

I do Cambridge Pre-u, so it was D2 D2 D3 in Maths, Further Maths and Econ. But basically A*A*A if you were to convert to A-level grades.

Very scared about the A* in Further Maths, but definitely going to work hard - not going to mess this up now!

A lot of my "friends" on TSR were applicants so I wanted to keep up with anyone.

I'm in year eleven so :erm: long time yet I want to go to Cambridge, so I'm doing quite a bit..

How is Pre-U? I have to do one in global research and development as part of a course...

Also congrats again! You'll get there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ism1)
    Has any international applicant heard anything yet?
    Yeah requested an email - email them with your ucas ID

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    has anyone actually been given an offer for architecture

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Pooled! Not sure what to think about that, to be honest - I'm not sure if I could handle any more revision just yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n.confused)

Wow economics. An offer in that really is an achievement, I think they like to challenge economics applicants because it's so competitive...

Fitzwilliam Geography, A*AA Hopefully I won't miss it. I kinda wish they never introduced A*s back in 2010, my life would be so easy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bíborcsiga)
    I don't know if your question has been answered, or you've even got your decision letter by now (this thread is growing crazily fast!), but I know Queens' will send the scanned letter to EU/international students if you ask them. You have to send them an email though! Good luck.
    Thanks for the info!
    I've decided to try and master my curiosity and keep Schrödinger's cat alive till the post arrives. Hopefully they'll get it to Germany by tomorrow.:mad::confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bord3r)
    Anyone heard anything from Sidney Sussex?
    Heya! Yeah I got an offer for Medicine today. What about you? You applied for Med, right- I saw you on the stalking page

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    A lot of my "friends" on TSR were applicants so I wanted to keep up with anyone.

I'm in year eleven so :erm: long time yet I want to go to Cambridge, so I'm doing quite a bit..

How is Pre-U? I have to do one in global research and development as part of a course...

Also congrats again! You'll get there
    Ahh, I see. Feels ancient now - Year 11 feels like ages ago now.

Pre-U definitely 'stretches' you, that's all that I can say. When I talk to my friends that do IB and A levels, they would always comment on how much 'easier' and 'more shallow' their courses are. Not sure if that's true, but I think Pre-u just demands more 'beyond-the-syllabus' stuff. But if you enjoy some challenge, then it's definitely a lot of fun!

I did GP last year and doing IRR now. I absolutely loved GP!!! It really helped me become more critical and analytical.

Thanks again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joyie)
    yeah, me-- for pembroke
    Was that long ago?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bulbasaur)
    Wow economics. An offer in that really is an achievement, I think they like to challenge economics applicants because it's so competitive...

Fitzwilliam Geography, A*AA Hopefully I won't miss it. I kinda wish they never introduced A*s back in 2010, my life would be so easy
    Aww, thank you! I think they gave me such a hard offer mainly because I messed up the Maths portion of my interview... haha.

Ah, I see! Yes, tell me about it... I mean I'm glad that there are A* grades in terms of when you are applying, because they can distinguish between the A* and A candidates (which is good if you are predicted A*s), but actually meeting the grade is a completely different story!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxfieryangelxx)
    Heya! Yeah I got an offer for Medicine today. What about you? You applied for Med, right- I saw you on the stalking page
    Yeah Sidney for Medicine, my post came but without the letter so it looks like I'll be waiting another day. Congratulations on your offer.

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, which one is better (if any) - a pooling due to recommendation or auto-pooling?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.