Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oromis263)
    :woo:Looks like you Emma NatSci's are going to have to be the welcoming hosts.
    Bring it on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoxoyayz)
    international! i think we've sort of spoken in the law thread
    haha i think so too ! ill answer your ppm now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dragonrabbit)
    Same here! Wondering whether there was anything more I could have done in the 25 minutes of interview :confused:
    Shall I be seeing you at Warwick then? :woo:
    Trying to decide between there and Durham myself now Weighing the difference between lovely countryside/location and awesomeness of course.
    :beard:
    :console:
    I'm undecided between Warwick and Bath right now, for me its location, placement year versus job prospects, hoping the Warwick open day will help with the decision.

ReputationRep:
    finally the storm has passed on this thread...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Koalagate)
    Hello from the Oxford thread (yes, we love you guys really)!

Just popping in to say that our thoughts are with you i.e. half of us are stalking your threads. Congratulations to all those who have got offers and commiserations to those who haven't made it. Tons of good luck to everyone who's still waiting!
    Thank you! lucky for you at oxford that you don't have the pool!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocoholic_x)
    Hey!
    CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR OFFER!!! (Sorry, I forgot to mention it when I saw it)

Thank you! But I met the auto-pooling criteria so I'm not really sure whether they genuinely liked me or whether they were just obligated to pool me. I'm thinking it's the latter but ah well, I have no way of knowing either way and we shall soon know what the final outcome will be.
    Meanwhile, I must get down to some revision and focus on how much I love UCL.
    Thank you!

There are people here who should have been auto-pooled, but weren't, so I think you're still in with a chance!
    Oh, and I think you at least won't have to be waiting that long (the waiting is the hardest part in my opinion). A friend of mine got pooled last year by King's and received the final decision within a day or two, while people from other colleges had to wait an additional week at least. King's was I think the most efficient college in that respect.

And UCL is indeed amazing! Is it an obvious choice for you over Bristol?

ReputationRep:
    Pooled from St.Johns from BioNatSci

Disappointed but had talked myself into an outright rejection so a bit better than I thought!

Congratulations to all those offer holders you deserve it! Commiserations to those rejected, be brilliant somewhere else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sharpeyj)
    I have recently found out my predicted grades don't even meet the conditions for a standard offer surely that is my chance down the drain? What sort of emphasis do they place on predicted grades? Mine are AAA
    In theory, if you got an interview etc, then you're not ruled out because of your grades. If you have special circumstances (learning difficulties, a not-so-good school, having to deal with illness, even having disruptive teaching in a particular class, among other things), then you're definitely not ruled out. It means they were probably paying more attention to your interview and exam (if you did one), but it shouldn't have ruled you out completely. Heck, if they loved you they might give you an offer of AAB! (Highly unlikely though...)

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone recieved post in the last 10-15 minutes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarr)
    Oooh congrats! My letter has arrived, mum says it's really thin, what was yours like?

I saw you but I don't think we spoke, congratulations again!! . Aaaah, another 2 hours until I can open the blooming thing!
    Ah thank you Mine was worryingly thin when I picked it up to be honest, but it had a few sheets of A4 in there.

Cool, hopefully you'll get an offer, best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by defeatedmac)
    fitz is perenially slow. a bunch of us are still waiting. although they seem to send rejections first (based on how they went about interview calls and that people for my course have already received their emails)

Thanks a lot, that's reassuring. I've just been sat here incapable of doing anything but refreshing my emails... Hahaa . I'm not too optimistic but I just want to know so badly now so I can stop worrying.

I applied for English btw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gigi3359)
    In theory, if you got an interview etc, then you're not ruled out because of your grades. If you have special circumstances (learning difficulties, a not-so-good school, having to deal with illness, even having disruptive teaching in a particular class, among other things), then you're definitely not ruled out. It means they were probably paying more attention to your interview and exam (if you did one), but it shouldn't have ruled you out completely. Heck, if they loved you they might give you an offer of AAB! (Highly unlikely though...)

Good luck
    Thanks!! And if only
    I don't have any special circumstances, i suppose my school isn't that good but i don't know how bad it has to be to count as a hindrance! My teachers said to me they think i should aim for A*s in 2 of my subjects, and one actually said they would predict me one, but it turns out they haven't... Argh hope it doesn't ruin my chances (however small they are to start with).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Appeal to reason)
    :console:
    I'm undecided between Warwick and Bath right now, for me its location, placement year versus job prospects, hoping the Warwick open day will help with the decision.
    Awesome!
    I enjoyed the open day when I went - not entirely sure how much I like campuses though
    Good luck either way :horse: I shall have to find out which you settle on :ninja:

So does anyone know where this Dr Uhlig lives?

ReputationRep:
    Today's one of the best days of my life. I applied to Oxford last year and was unsuccessful, and felt more determined to achieve in my A levels because I solely wanted to apply to Cambridge again. After working so so hard, sacrificing everything and sitting for many hours each day , drinking energy drinks and coffee and generally turning into a study machine, I've finally gotten accepted into my dream school, Cambridge, to study a subject I'm very passionate about.

I'm so excited! And happy! My hands are literally freezing from happiness

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sharpeyj)
    Thanks!! And if only
    I don't have any special circumstances, i suppose my school isn't that good but i don't know how bad it has to be to count as a hindrance! My teachers said to me they think i should aim for A*s in 2 of my subjects, and one actually said they would predict me one, but it turns out they haven't... Argh hope it doesn't ruin my chances (however small they are to start with).
    I think I saw somewhere (don't take my word as gospel) that you get a flag helping your application if your school has gotten less than 5 successful Oxbridge applicants in the last 5 years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by susseruss)
    Thanks a lot, that's reassuring. I've just been sat here incapable of doing anything but refreshing my emails... Hahaa . I'm not too optimistic but I just want to know so badly now so I can stop worrying.

I applied for English btw.
    haha economics. from what I've read, there seem to have been fitz economics rejections already so scared

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Megzx13)
    Thank you! lucky for you at oxford that you don't have the pool!
    Definitely; it sounds nasty. For me the stress and uncertainty of interviews at another Oxford college were bad enough even when it was during the interview period, the idea of leaving and having to go back for more interviews...urgh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bíborcsiga)
    Thank you!

There are people here who should have been auto-pooled, but weren't, so I think you're still in with a chance!
    Oh, and I think you at least won't have to be waiting that long (the waiting is the hardest part in my opinion). A friend of mine got pooled last year by King's and received the final decision within a day or two, while people from other colleges had to wait an additional week at least. King's was I think the most efficient college in that respect.

And UCL is indeed amazing! Is it an obvious choice for you over Bristol?
    Aha, I'm happy for you!

Oh wow, that is fast! I'm presuming she got an offer from another college then?
    Two of my best friends and another close friend of mine got offers also, which I'm happy for them about, but it does put extra pressure on me. So yeah the wait is really stressful. And even if it does come to a rejection, I can at least resume normal eating patterns again! Yay for food!!

And yes, I pretty sure I'll choose UCL. I have yet to attend the invite days but I am really attracted to living in London.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WJRA)
    I think I saw somewhere (don't take my word as gospel) that you get a flag helping your application if your school has gotten less than 5 successful Oxbridge applicants in the last 5 years
    Oooh! That does sound promising we've had 1 or 2 I think, none in last 2 years. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    what's the latest you think we can expect to receive our emails by? :/ i haven't gotten anything yet and i'm contemplating emailing my college to ask cause i really don't want to wait over the whole weekend (

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.