The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by maggie.k
Congratulations :biggrin: ! I also applied for law but st.catz keeps me waiting ..

Thank you! All the best- just try to be patient no matter how hard it is. :smile:
Reply 541
Original post by cam582
well yes they have Ryders and Amies who supply gowns etc. Anyway my point is the uni one is never really appropriate. If you wear it in cam you look like a tourist and if you wear it at home you look like an arrogant ****. Get a college one (i have one) because you can wear it anywhere. If you rly want something with cambridge on go for the scarf which has cambridge on one side and your college on the other (its slightly more pricey than just cam/your college at £35).

My college doesn't seem to have one... cough cough !
Reply 542
Original post by CaffeineRabbit
Thank you! All the best- just try to be patient no matter how hard it is. :smile:

thnx, i will :smile:
Reply 543
Original post by Kalliope
Congrats!!! Yay, see you in October (hoping all goes to plan)!

So was mine - did you stay overnight?

I had wavyish dark brown hair which was up in a bun on the 10th and horribly frizzy on the evening of 9th, if that helps :tongue:

:s-smilie:Nah, don't think i have seen you then-- didn't stay overnight.
btw, i am a chinese girl who kept silent on the 10th(because i was so nervous)
Now it is a relief for me! Do hope to see you in October :smile:))
Reply 544
Original post by cawcarrot
My college doesn't seem to have one... cough cough !

it will, the website doesnt show full stock.
Reply 545
Anyone holding an offer from Girton here?? Lets make a big group for freshers like the christ's people have!
Reply 546
Original post by cam582
it will, the website doesnt show full stock.

Thanks for the info - you calmed my nerves LOL
Original post by indimanc
Hey there, yes I received a letter via e-mail from Downing today afternoon - I applied for Chem Eng via Natural Sciences and got pooled. However I did have to send them an e-mail requesting for the letter to be e-mailed to be as I live in Dubai, and the post over here is atrocious! So if you can't wait, then I'd recommend popping them an e-mail requesting them to send it to you :smile:.

I was Pooled by Downing from Kuwait!

*high five*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 548
Original post by _b3th_

Well done! Was your interview on the 11th by any chance?

Yes! May have seen each other around! I was the Spanish girl with the pony tail, interviewed in the afternoon, haha
(edited 11 years ago)
Congratulations to everyone who has gotten an offer, that is an incredible achievement, best of luck in reaching your offer (unless you are lucky enough to get an unconditional offer!). To those rejected, commiserations but well done on getting at least getting interviewed as that in itself is a great achievement! And to those who were pooled, I do hope you are not left swimming for too long.
Reply 550
And to the rest of us left waiting.. Let's hope it's for the best :biggrin:
Reply 551
Original post by kali_k
And to the rest of us left waiting.. Let's hope it's for the best :biggrin:

I love your positivity :biggrin:
We can be waiting, constantly refreshing emails and staring desperately out of windows for the post as a hoard of anxious and slightly impatient Cambridge applicants tomorrow as well as today! Solidarity together!!
Reply 552
Original post by Stray
They specifically say that they don't differentiate between being predicted A and A* as different schools/teachers have different feelings about predicting A*s - some won't predict them at all.

Ah right, that's great! Thanks :smile:
Reply 553
Original post by susseruss
I love your positivity :biggrin:
We can be waiting, constantly refreshing emails and staring desperately out of windows for the post as a hoard of anxious and slightly impatient Cambridge applicants tomorrow as well as today! Solidarity together!!

As soon as I see my post man tomorrow, I am going to run up to him hahaha.
So no more e-mails today, right? Monday again?
Original post by Children
:s-smilie:Nah, don't think i have seen you then-- didn't stay overnight.
btw, i am a chinese girl who kept silent on the 10th(because i was so nervous)
Now it is a relief for me! Do hope to see you in October :smile:))

Hmm, I spoke to a Chinese girl called Isi a bit but she was an Engineer :s Anyway, nice to meet you! See you in October, hopefully :smile:
Reply 556
Original post by peg6303
HSPS, you?

Philosophy :smile:
Reply 557
Original post by •Ball•So•Hard•
Pooled for maths at St Johns... In two minds.. In one way it's good because there's no autopool for maths and my UMS average was only 92.6...

But on the other hand it's more waiting :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Welcome to the maths pool! There's quite a few of us by the looks of it. My avg. is 93%, pooled from Pembroke, so I'm in a pretty similar position.
I'm seeing it as a strong position, but yeah I don't know if my optimism would last past the weekend...
Was completely shocked to have gotten an Offer for Medicine at Downing considering my BMAT score :biggrin: Congrats to everyone else, good luck to all in the pool and Commiserations to those unsuccessful!
Original post by Bulbasaur
Ah, I applied to LSE too. But I prefer Bristol, so it doesn't matter xD LSE is very competitive. Hopefully you'll get in, but you have Cambridge now so it doesn't matter too much haha

Haha, yes. And it's been less than a day since the Cambridge offer so I'm still on a high... I don't even think it has properly sunk in yet! Waited more than a month for my first offer, then over another month for my second (this!). Perhaps another month-long wait till I hear from the next uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending