Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie66)
    Offer for Natural Sciences at Selwyn College!!!!

So thrilled, I was out in London all day to watch The Hobbit (in IMAX :cool:) so have had to wait the entire day for the news, it was well worth it though
    CONGRATULATIONS from a fellow 'Selwynite' :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lp386)
    Econonica is my very favourite Irish drinking song :P

But seriously, congratulations! And going to a college with Dr PF (not some kind of nickname, just protection against errant Googlers) is quite something - he supervised me in first year and was excellent.
    Auto-correct must agree with you then.

Yes! He interviewed me and we had the most enjoyable chat - really sold me on the entire course! Are you an 'ex-Clairey' by any chance then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oromis263)
    :woo:Looks like you Emma NatSci's are going to have to be the welcoming hosts.
    Massive congratulations. There was no doubt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shamika)
    Is there a quick and easy way to see how many Maths offers there are (and what were the actual offers)?
    A poll? You'd have to get everyone to take it though, maybe you could put it on the STEP thread as everyone with an offer should visit that at some point anyway!
    From the people I've spoken to, I've seen almost as many poolings as offers. They've all been standard, none unconditional, except a guy from South Africa who I don't think made it to the interview for visa reasons and has been given an S, S offer.

Edit: Never mind, just saw the thread and you've already done similar! Maybe we need a STEP stalking page like the Cam page so we can see everyone doing it
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n.confused)
    Auto-correct must agree with you then.

Yes! He interviewed me and we had the most enjoyable chat - really sold me on the entire course! Are you an 'ex-Clairey' by any chance then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm not - I'm at Catz but you're often supervised by people at other colleges (this year for me I have supervisors from Queens', Girton and Trinity; in previous years I've had them at Clare, Emma, Churchill, Peterhouse, Selwyn, Fitz, Murray Edwards - I think that's it!) and we happened to have Dr F in first year, and he was really good. Clare's a really nice college - I have a friend who's a grad student there at the moment and he's really enjoying it, so congratulations on your place!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bíborcsiga)
    Haha, yeah, Cambridge does that to people. Two days ago I almost started to doubt that I even attended the interviews!

It's crazy, we already know like 5% of our futue 'class' by knowing each other. (Yes, this was definitely relevant information. )

Oh, I'm sure you'll meet your offer. It's a bit cruel of them to include all four subjects, but I'm sure you'll do just fine. Your subjects are... German, EngLang, Latin and... EngLit? Correct me if I'm wrong, German at least I'm sure of, which is natürlich the most important.

Well, a few days ago I was very productively browsing the Linguistics Department's website and checking out all the lecturers. And I accidentally (ahem) went on Bert Vaux's personal site, then came across all this wonderful material. There are actual sample essays! *hyperventilates*
    I know, I began to forget everything I said and did... :eek:

I have no idea about the percent (so embarrassed all the time about my maths) but that's pretty cool! I'll do my best, and if my German teachers think I can do it, i'll have to trust them German'll be the hardest one to get by far. I do Classical Civilisation instead of English Lit- so the least important I see! YES I saw those ahahaha this will be us very soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Georgie)
    A poll? You'd have to get everyone to take it though, maybe you could put it on the STEP thread as everyone with an offer should visit that at some point anyway!
    From the people I've spoken to, I've seen almost as many poolings as offers. They've all been standard, none unconditional, except a guy from South Africa who I don't think made it to the interview for visa reasons and has been given an S, S offer.

Edit: Never mind, just saw the thread and you've already done similar! Maybe we need a STEP stalking page like the Cam page so we can see everyone doing it
    Thank you for the suggestion! I saw you got pooled. Keep your hopes up! Being pooled means that you are definitely in with a shot

ReputationRep:
    anyone else got offers for sidney sussex?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mimx)
    Wait for the applications stats page to update, though that won't tell you what the offers were.

Poll as said or FOI them if you don't mind waiting a while.

Why do you want to know?
    Can't have this place being too swamped now, can we?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gertty_P)
    My letter still hasn't arrived.
    Having said that I'm expecting a rejection so...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shankar.leo)
    Has anyone received news from St Catharine's ??!! I'm dying here, and an offer letter is my deathwish !!
    I applied to St Catz too and I haven't received my decision letter. I've been hyperventilating all day. Are you an international student? What course did you apply for btw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexandraSophia)
    Oh phew! At least I have company. I'm from Malaysia, so that'd make me an international applicant. Which also means I'll be receiving an email, not a letter. Since it's already Saturday (3.50am to be precise) where I am, does this mean I won't get an email until Monday?
    Ehmm I am really not sure... and I believe that the post would even be there on Monday However if you are pooled, (which in this case you don't know about it yet) from tmr onwards there is a possibility that you will be called from another college and you will be informed that you are offered a place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AryanK)
    No letter for me yet (and I don't think Finnish postal system works over the weekend). Pembroke hasn't replied to my email yet. I guess I sent it too late (around 3PM). This weekend's gonna be fun... :/

No contribution to the conversation here. Just felt like sharing my situation. :P
    Hey my scandinavian brother! I am applying from Denmark Experiencing the same thing though. No post, requesting email sent and no reply. However I think Finnish postal system would work on Saturday, like the one in Denmark (Just my guessing though)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerfrau)
    I know, there's barely anyone! You haven't heard yet, correct? The best of luck for when you do!! Thanks
    It's like Magdalene college just doesn't exist... and thank you very much!

Still waiting for their decision though.

ReputationRep:
    heyy guys, anyone got in for law at trinity?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kalliope)
    :dance:OFFER!! for English at Peterhouse :woo:

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

And they've asked for A*AA in ANY subject (standard offer on the website is A*AA with the A* in English so I could in theory get a B in English )

Now to catch up on how everyone else has got on...:hugs:

:party:
    Peterhouse is awesome

ReputationRep:
    Why are you letting us suffer St. Catz ? :s I'm dying for news.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gertty_P)
    pooled :/ what's your subject?

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations and commiserations guys! You have made me so nervous about Oxford.

ReputationRep:
    Offer for History at Christ's Absolutely shocked but so happy! Feel awful for all those rejected/poolees - I was there last year, HANG IN THERE!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.