Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Nope. Caius is soo slow...
    Sadly, this year's number of Caius economics applicants rose by 7 to 72 despite the trend from 1328 to 1188 overall economics applicants. Should have applied to St. John's instead (down 9 to 60), as both colleges roughly admit the same number of applicants per year, which is ~12.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajiv.dua07)
    Also a Caius applicant hahah! Still waiting for a letter... My post should come in the next hour or so

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

(Original post by s_axo)
    Hey guys. Im also a cauis applicant
    and heard nada. got an email yesterday saying i cant be told over emaol but they were sent on the third by first class. This wait is horrible.

(Original post by aejr)
    Yes. It is very frustrating. Anybody got a caius economics offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by aejr)
    Yes. It is very frustrating. Anybody got a caius economics offer yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am a caius applicant and I got an offer yesterday for economics. Feel for you guys still waiting just hang in there and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe Caius lied about sending the decisions out on the 3rd??

ReputationRep:
    Ah rejection from Clare for Philosophy

Good luck anyone who hasn't heard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sharpeyj)
    Ahh, sorry to hear that! I'm sure you'll have a great time and be successful at another uni somewhere! And hmmm I applied for natural sciences, with 3 science subjects carried on to A2. I just don't think my teachers were willing to predict anyone A*s but who knows! I'd still be aiming for A*s but I don't know if I will get them.. It would be interesting to see if anyone with lower predictions got an offer
    Ah right well not a lot is placed on the prediction of an A* to be honest; as it says on the Cambridge website, they understand it's hard for teachers to predict A*s. I'm sure three predicted in scientific subjects A's will suffice. More weight is placed on raw UMS marks than predictions, so they will decide for themselves whether you're likely to achieve the A* (s). Thanks, I'm also starting to warm to the idea of Edinburgh. If I get an offer from them it will be UCL vs Ed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by conorm11)

I also got a rejection - strange that we're both Connor M's haha

ReputationRep:
    POOLED! Selwyn for bio natural sciences! I know most people are annoyed when pooled, because of all the extra stress, but I am over the moon as I was fully expecting rejection!
    Good luck to everyone still waiting, well done to those with offers, and commiserations to those rejected, but I am sure everyone on this thread will go on to do great things wherever they end up
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WJRA)
    Yes me and my friend are still waiting. Its extra frustrating because I live in London so the letter should have reached me by now.
    (Original post by Christopher Lee)
    exactly the same for me
    (Original post by ss06)
    Caius applicant as well, still nothing... Do you think we can e-mail them?
    (Original post by kjs94)
    Hey I also applied to caius from london; still no reply :/
    (Original post by aejr)
    Yes. It is very frustrating. Anybody got a caius economics offer yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by s_axo)
    Hey guys. Im also a cauis applicant and heard nada. got an email yesterday saying i cant be told over emaol but they were sent on the third by first class. This wait is horrible.
    (Original post by rajiv.dua07)
    Also a Caius applicant hahah! Still waiting for a letter... My post should come in the next hour or so

(Original post by meowcat95)
    My post has come and the letter wasn't in it... This wait is so annoying!!
    Name:  caius.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  40.3 KB
    • PS Reviewer
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ss06)
    Name:  caius.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  40.3 KB
    How do you pronounce Caius?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aejr)
    Yes. It is very frustrating. Anybody got a caius economics offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, came yesterday....must have been an efficient postman?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chickenonsteroids)
    It is pronounced 'Keys'

John Caius the founder originally was called John Keys but then latinized the spelling of his surname
    • PS Reviewer
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by conorm11)

:console: Just pretend they don't exist because they can't prove they do :no:

ReputationRep:
    Caius just fished someone out of the pool in the other thread. I'm getting more and more desperate for a decision.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard from Pembroke Phys. NatSci?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WJRA)
    Caius just fished someone out of the pool in the other thread. I'm getting more and more desperate for a decision.
    Yeah they fished out someone for MML I think

I always thought it was pronounced k-eye-us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chickenonsteroids)
    I was wondering this yesterday. Wikipedia informed me The college is often referred to simply as "Caius" (rhymes with "keys") and so I spent a while trying to work out how to make it rhyme without being the same, but gave up

(Original post by ss06)
    It is pronounced 'Keys'

John Caius the founder originally was called John Keys but then latinized the spelling of his surname
    Aha I see
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WJRA)
    This application process has put me of Caius quite a bit in comparison to other colleges... Last college to send out interview and last to send out all decision letters

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ss06)
    This application process has put me of Caius quite a bit in comparison to other colleges... Last college to send out interview and last to send out all decision letters
    Kind of... its frustrating but i'll wait it out. I liked Caius quite a lot when I was actually there for visits and interviews but it seems to be far less cooperative than other colleges - letters don't arrive on time (not necessarily their fault i'll admit), admissions office closes over the weekend and refuses to email decisions out. I guess i'm just being really impatient.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ss06)
    St Catherine's is almost as bad. I haven't got any reply yet either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shankar.leo)
    I just called up Catz. All decisions to be emailed on Monday (7 January)
    Thank you OMG you are my life saver. Mon ami

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.