Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fresh91)
    the longer we do not receive a letter, the bigger chance we were unsuccessful? or...?
    I dont think that has to do with anything. they send ALL decisions by 3rd. So, lets still hope for the best

ReputationRep:
    No they sent out all decisions at the same time irrespective of the outcome

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fresh91)
    the longer we do not receive a letter, the bigger chance we were unsuccessful? or...?
    When you receive the letter should have no relation to the college's decision. Also, if you're a Caius applicant most people haven't heard yet. Don't panic!

ReputationRep:
    People - has anyone ever requested an TSA result? Im so curious.

(Original post by Pe94)
    People - has anyone ever requested an TSA result? Im so curious.
    I got given mine in feedback last year, but I had to request the feedback. If they have the information somewhere, they have to give it to you if you request it, I believe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oromis263)
    I got given mine in feedback last year, but I had to request the feedback. If they have the information somewhere, they have to give it to you if you request it, I believe.
    Thanks, I've sent them an email, hope to receive it, just to compare with results I achieved in past papers

ReputationRep:
    what was your feedback btw if you don't mind?

ReputationRep:
    Anybody get an offer or pooled for economics at girton

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ss06)
    I've seen some people on here who have been rejected by Caius so that theory doesn't work. I've not seen anybody pooled by Caius as of yet so maybe that?
    Someone in the year above me, from Scotland, received a letter of rejection from Caius. So I doubt there is any pattern.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nerd434)
    Someone in the year above me, from Scotland, received a letter of rejection from Caius. So I doubt there is any pattern.
    How can Caius get a letter all the way to Scotland before they get one to me in London? This application process can be really frustrating.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by nerd434)
    I doubt there is any pattern, but what I was saying is that I have heard of Caius rejections and Caius offers, but I have not heard of anybody being pooled by Caius. Maybe they just 'forgot' to send letters to those who have been pooled or maybe they sent them the day after or something
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by WJRA)
    How can Caius get a letter all the way to Scotland before they get one to me in London? This application process can be really frustrating.
    All Cambridge applicants at my school apart from me have heard

ReputationRep:
    What about e-mails? All e-mails I've seen from Pembroke are either offers or pools. Maybe they prioritised offers-pools first for emails and left rejections last?

(Original post by Silverland)
    what was your feedback btw if you don't mind?
    To summarise: poor UMS, interviews weren't great, disparity in my strengths, probably not suited for the course, TSA score well above average. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ss06)
    All Cambridge applicants at my school apart from me have heard
    I know of two other applicants from my school. Both applied for History, one has been pooled from Magdalene and the other (like me) applied to Caius and hasn't heard yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Achilleasrn)
    What about e-mails? All e-mails I've seen from Pembroke are either offers or pools. Maybe they prioritised offers-pools first for emails and left rejections last?
    I think they prioritize emails for international applicants rather than sending off batches according to decision. Could be that though.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps they are reconsidering their poolees?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Achilleasrn)
    They're all sent at the same time. Contact them, they will be happy to send you the decision via email!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shankar.leo)
    yep. they posted all the letters on 3rd
    okaay so i dont get it what did they say? did they send everyone a letter on the 3d or are we all getting an e-mail on monday ? :s

ReputationRep:
    Edinburgh is a beautiful beautiful city, and personally it is far better than London. Only you can say course wise though, which one do you prefer?
    yeah I love Edinburgh and the fact that I can combine Linguistics with another subject by the 2nd year (e.g. Social Anthropology) gives it a bit of an edge. UCL's approach is more scientific which is equally interesting but there isn't much of a lot of philosophical focus. Very tricky.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.