The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by coolsauce
I'm waiting to hear from Jesus myself. :/ This is so aggravating...

I guess we'll all be notified on Monday. :s-smilie: The waiting is the pits.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 881
Original post by AlexandraSophia
I guess we'll all be notified on Monday. :s-smilie: The waiting is the pits.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agreed. :frown: Do you think the fact that we're waiting longer than everyone else means we've been rejected? :confused:
Original post by coolsauce
Agreed. :frown: Do you think the fact that we're waiting longer than everyone else means we've been rejected? :confused:

I don't think that's the case. Our respective colleges have already reached their decisions regarding our applications so I don't think waiting longer is going to affect the outcome one way or the other. Positive thoughts! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 883
I got a rejection. Which I'm fine with but still sad.

Is there a way to find out why? And get access to the notes written during my interviews?

Not that I'm looking to try and work my way in or anything weird like that. I just want to know what wasn't good enough so I can work to improve that and next time I have to apply somewhere I fall down on the same thing. Also I'm quite curious.
got a Law offer from robinson college via requested email yesterday!!!! all the best, guys!!! i'm an international applicant btw....
Reply 885
Original post by defeatedmac
what did you apply for. me and another applicant (both for econs) have been so confused as to why UK kids are getting emailed rejections already and we havent heard anything

Economics as well, haha.
Original post by maniac_almanac
got a Law offer from robinson college via requested email yesterday!!!! all the best, guys!!! i'm an international applicant btw....

Congratulations from a fellow Law applicant! That's brilliant! :biggrin: I'm still waiting in absolute agony for my decision email. I will find out my fate tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by konan1208
Economics as well, haha.

do you know anyone who already knows? :P all ive seen is rejections so far
Reply 888
Original post by defeatedmac
do you know anyone who already knows? :P all ive seen is rejections so far

No, sorry.
I don't think that's the case. Our respective colleges have already reached their decisions regarding our applications so I don't think waiting longer is going to affect the outcome one way or the other. Positive thoughts! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

hey, were you there at the Cambridge Tradition (2012) ? Because I vaguely remember someone from Malaysia being there...
Original post by shankar.leo
hey, were you there at the Cambridge Tradition (2012) ? Because I vaguely remember someone from Malaysia being there...

Nope I wasn't. Must have been some other Malaysian. Hahaha. :smile: Still nervous for tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nope I wasn't. Must have been some other Malaysian. Hahaha. :smile: Still nervous for tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile

God, yes! I still can't resist refreshing my inbox repeatedly
Original post by konan1208
No, sorry.

bleech. why would they email UK students and not us -,-
Original post by shankar.leo
God, yes! I still can't resist refreshing my inbox repeatedly

Omg same here! Although I've set my phone to bleep if an email arrives I still keep checking frantically because I'm so afraid I might have missed it. To think it'll all be over tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 894
If i have 87%UMS at AS but extenuating circumstances, and 3A*s at A2 with 98% UMS would i stand a chance for reapplying?? has anyone here received an unconditional offer in this position??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aso
If i have 87%UMS at AS but extenuating circumstances, and 3A*s at A2 with 98% UMS would i stand a chance for reapplying?? has anyone here received an unconditional offer in this position??

Posted from TSR Mobile

My original AS UMS was ~89%. I resat a module and boosted that to ~92%. I then went on to get 4A*s at ~99% UMS average. The only difference is I didn't have extenuating circumstances. :smile: I got an unconditional. So yes, you stand a chance. Just got to get those grades. :smile: What subject? Mine was for Physical NatSci.
Original post by Aso

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Oromis263
x

I think Oromis got UC... (?)

Damn ^^ :tongue: Beat me to it :ninja:
Reply 897
My original AS UMS was ~89%. I resat a module and boosted that to ~92%. I then went on to get 4A*s at ~99% UMS average. The only difference is I didn't have extenuating circumstances. :smile: I got an unconditional. So yes, you stand a chance. Just got to get those grades. :smile: What subject? Mine was for Physical NatSci.

omg inspirational storyyyyy pagahha im considering doing this if i dont get an offer from UCL- its for architecture- btw- i mucked up my AS by doing 6 of them and with extenuating circumstances it was all just a hot mess-

so did you get rejected the first time round? i did on Friday, and im going to request feedback even though i know its probably my grades- PLUS i didnt even know about the extenuating circumstances form until now pahah oh deary me-

I got 8A*s at GCSE and 93% maths AS and 93% art AS but physics was like 80% which dropped my average to like 87%.... if i retake an english lit exam for AS and get above 90% then my average would be 93.6 - or should i not bother with AS and just smash A2? thanks so much for your help!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 898

Also, did you have any other offers or did you just gap year it for cambridge? sorry for the interrogation

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 899
Hi guys I have one more question, because I am not sure whether I understand well one part of my offer letter. It says:
Your admission is on the basis that you will be classified as a European Union student for the purpose of University fees and College fees will be paid on your behalf by the University at the Publicly-funded undergraduate rate. That assessment is based on the information which you have supplied to the College, and your fee status may be reassessed at any time for the purpose of the whole course if that information is incorrect. Where the information is currently insufficient to enable a full assessment to be made, the stated classification will be amended to whatever is appropriate on the whole facts of the matter.

At first I havent supplied any information, does it mean that they will ask me for the proof of my parent's earnings or financial situaiton?
Does it also mean that I am entitled to the students' loan for the university fees? Or does it apply also to accommodation etc stuff?

Latest

Trending

Trending