The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 920
Original post by aejr
Yes I got the same message.

Oh well, I think we need to put it to the back of our minds until tomorrow :smile:

Easier said than done but I agree. Best of luck!
Reply 921
I applied to Emmanuel but I haven't received any replies yet too! I'm an international applicant btw.
Reply 922
Original post by Jell-O
I applied to Emmanuel but I haven't received any replies yet too! I'm an international applicant btw.

Have you contacted your college's admissions office? Some require international applicants to notify them that they want an email.
Reply 923
Original post by WJRA
Have you contacted your college's admissions office? Some require international applicants to notify them that they want an email.

No I did not. Since the acknowledgement pack I received states that international applicants will only get their emails earliest on the 4th, so i din really dare to email them knowing how busy would they be at this hour. :/
Reply 924
Original post by Jell-O
No I did not. Since the acknowledgement pack I received states that international applicants will only get their emails earliest on the 4th, so i din really dare to email them knowing how busy would they be at this hour. :/

It might be worth sending off an email today or tomorrow to make sure you'll definitely receive one. Bear in mind that some admissions offices have been closed over the weekend and are likely to be very busy when they re-open though.
Reply 925
Original post by WJRA
It might be worth sending off an email today or tomorrow to make sure you'll definitely receive one. Bear in mind that some admissions offices have been closed over the weekend and are likely to be very busy when they re-open though.

Not all admission offices are closed on Sunday?? Hmm okay I'll send the admission office an email now. Anyways, I didn't really see any economics offers from Emma on TSR yet, so I never thought of emailing them! Thanks anyway!
Reply 926
Original post by lkc2508
I applied to Clare for music and I still haven't heard anything! So this is somewhat reassuring. It's so frustrating as well because you can see on here that lots of people have heard from the music department/college. I feel your pain!

Hmmm my friend's already been rejected for Clare Music, are you waiting on post? And good luck! Apparently there were 22 applicants for Clare this year (!) ( that's a lot for music at least :tongue: )

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 927
Original post by Jell-O
Not all admission offices are closed on Sunday?? Hmm okay I'll send the admission office an email now. Anyways, I didn't really see any economics offers from Emma on TSR yet, so I never thought of emailing them! Thanks anyway!

They might all be closed i'm not sure but people who have been pooled are definitely receiving calls/emails today to notify them of interviews or offers so somebody must be there. Good luck!
Original post by Jell-O

You're in a strange position actually. I've got an offer from Emma Economics, and one of my friend who applied to Emma (compsci) got pooled and has been fished already.

Well there goes my theory of Emma finishing their admission procedure early this year :tongue:

Anyhow, if you haven't heard back from them yet, best of luck!! :top:

*edit* I clearly cannot read :tongue:
If you are an international student, normal rules don't apply I guess, so you aren't a strange case after all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by ukdragon37
They are only saying that they are assuming you are a Home Student (or EU Student) for fee purposes. If you are British and have lived in the UK for at least the last three years then indeed you are a Home Student.

You will be entitled to the students' loan as a Home Student. Your college will want to see the proof of loan (a letter) you get when you apply for the loan on fees. That will be evidence of you being a Home Student.

EDIT: Oh I see you are Polish? In that case you are an EU Student if you've lived in the EU for the last three years. However you will need to apply to your own government for any loans they might have, as the British systems of student loans will be unavailable to you.

I'm fairly certain EU students get the same tuition fee loan as home students. The only thing they can't get from the government is a loan/bursary to help with living costs, but they still get that from Cambridge.

Sorry if you were already talking about the latter. :smile:
Original post by bíborcsiga
I'm fairly certain EU students get the same tuition fee loan as home students. The only thing they can't get from the government is a loan/bursary to help with living costs, but they still get that from Cambridge.

Sorry if you were already talking about the latter. :smile:

Yes sorry, I've edited to make it clearer :smile: Although I must point out that if you mean the Cambridge Bursary Scheme that has its own means-testing criteria and is independent to the loan/grant a government might award you. A student receiving a loan/grant for living costs from the UK government can also receive the Cambridge Bursary in addition.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 931
Original post by RooT_Fifteen
You're in a strange position actually. I've got an offer from Emma Economics, and one of my friend who applied to Emma (compsci) got pooled and has been fished already.

Well there goes my theory of Emma finishing their admission procedure early this year :tongue:

Anyhow, if you haven't heard back from them yet, best of luck!! :top:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratz on your offer!!:smile: when did you receive your offer? Yeah strange postition indeed, but it is kind of normal here as a lot of my friends who applied haven't heard their decisions too, except for one or two. I just sent an email to the admission office but got an out of office notification email in reply instead. :/ but well there's this sentence "If you are living overseas, you may send us a request to email your decision letter, but please note: emails will not be sent until Friday 4 January at the earliest." i never knew that we have to request to have our decision letter emailed to us, guess maybe that's why i haven't received any.
Reply 932
Original post by WJRA
They might all be closed i'm not sure but people who have been pooled are definitely receiving calls/emails today to notify them of interviews or offers so somebody must be there. Good luck!

soo do you reckon people who havent heard anything yet have definitely not been pooled?
Original post by Jell-O
Congratz on your offer!!:smile: when did you receive your offer? Yeah strange postition indeed, but it is kind of normal here as a lot of my friends who applied haven't heard their decisions too, except for one or two. I just sent an email to the admission office but got an out of office notification email in reply instead. :/ but well there's this sentence "If you are living overseas, you may send us a request to email your decision letter, but please note: emails will not be sent until Friday 4 January at the earliest." i never knew that we have to request to have our decision letter emailed to us, guess maybe that's why i haven't received any.

And hopefully, there is an offer letter flying across the world right now waiting to be read :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 934
Original post by maggie.k
soo do you reckon people who havent heard anything yet have definitely not been pooled?

I don't know but I hope not (i'm counting on being auto-pooled). From what I can gather of the pooling timetable, direct offers can come between the 5th-14th and interview invites by tomorrow at the latest so I can't see why we couldn't be pooled. Personally, I think the most likely explanations for not hearing anything are slow post for UK applicants and admissions offices being slow with emails for international applicants.
Reply 935
Original post by RooT_Fifteen

And hopefully, there is an offer letter flying across the world right now waiting to be read :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully! (not keeping my hopes too high though) and Congratz again! :biggrin:

No, I think Pandin didn't get his letter from Caius but he was in fact pooled and first found out when he got fished by Christ's.
Reply 937

Original post by ss06
No, I think Pandin didn't get his letter from Caius but he was in fact pooled and first found out when he got fished by Christ's.

Good point, i'd forgotten about this. Pandin was definitely pooled and fished yesterday but hasn't received any correspondence from his preference college (Caius) yet. Therefore, it would seem that slow post is the most likely explanation.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by AlexandraSophia
Ermagerd don't remind meeeee! :frown: Nervous as heck now. I'll have to wait until 5pm Malaysian time. :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

my mind's barbequed.
Original post by WJRA
Good point, i'd forgotten about this. Pandin was definitely pooled and fished yesterday but hasn't received any correspondence from his preference college (Caius) yet. Therefore, it would seem that slow post is the most likely explanation.

But 'slow post' doesn't really explain why so many first class letters take more than 2 days to arrive. It must be a problem with the College... maybe forgetting to post some of the letters

Latest

Trending

Trending