Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by faithopejoy)
    Just called the admissions office for the college I applied to, and she told me that by hook or by crook, all colleges would either call or e-mail applicants if they are offered a place.
    Hi,
    Sorry for being nosy but which college did you apply to?

ReputationRep:
    Robinson but the calling/emailing today would be university-wide.

ReputationRep:
    Robinson but the calling/emailing today would be university-wide.
    Hi,

Thanks for replying. So everything boils down to this very day then (as to whether we get offers)! :eek:
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by meowcat95)
    She said it would probably be today, but in the afternoon, but it might be tomorrow because it will take her a long time! I think there are a lot of us whose letter has gotten lost in the mail...
    I think it will be some sort of internal mail problem, as Royal mail can't be so randomly incompetent. Anyway good luck with your application, Medicine right? I'm a hopeful medic too so we might be class-mates come October

ReputationRep:
    has anyone heard from St Catz yet? (email)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jysim123)
    Hi,

Thanks for replying. So everything boils down to this very day then (as to whether we get offers)! :eek:
    Yeah I guess this is it. If we don't hear from any college today we probably got rejected. All the very best to you

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I guess this is it. If we don't hear from any college today we probably got rejected. All the very best to you
    All the very best to you too! I sent in another email, hopefully the admissions secretary gives me a favourable reply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ss06)
    I think it will be some sort of internal mail problem, as Royal mail can't be so randomly incompetent. Anyway good luck with your application, Medicine right? I'm a hopeful medic too so we might be class-mates come October
    Thank you! Yeah I am, you too did you happen to get the occupational health letter this morning? It really confused me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n.confused)
    Hi, I'm a Clare applicant too, and was e-mailed my decision? Are you international by any chance - I am and I had contacted admissions giving them my 'holiday' details, hence why they probably e-mailed me my decision on the fourth. So perhaps you could e-mail them to ask if they could e-mail you your decision? Hope this helps And good luck!
    Yup I'm international too! I thought of emailing them but it seemed that some international people were emailed without having to ask, so I thought I'd wait. I'll probably email them now though, otherwise I have no idea when I'll find out what my decision is! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone hear from Jesus college for law?

ReputationRep:
    So my initial letter said I was in the winter pool, halfway through my free period today St John's (the original college I applied to) called and offered me a place!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evansj)
    So my initial letter said I was in the winter pool, halfway through my free period today St John's (the original college I applied to) called and offered me a place!!!!!!

Congrats man what time was that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evansj)

Congrats! You must be over the moon now!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by meowcat95)
    Thank you! Yeah I am, you too did you happen to get the occupational health letter this morning? It really confused me...
    No I didn't, don't they normally send that with offer letters (like in the same envelope)? Just wait till we get the decision letter and then it might make sense. Is it just a form or does it have an introductory bit as well?

ReputationRep:
    So I called Caius and got through to a porter (?) and he said that actually some letters were posted late on Friday due to some confusion. He then gave me a different admissions phone number - 01223332447

Hope this helps! I guess letters could potentially come tomorrow??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajiv.dua07)
    So I called Caius and got through to a porter (?) and he said that actually some letters were posted late on Friday due to some confusion. He then gave me a different admissions phone number - 01223332447

Hope this helps! I guess letters could potentially come tomorrow??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    tomorrow? are you Indian?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone received a decision letter via email from St Catz ??

ReputationRep:
    By ethnicity, yes. But I'm British. I live just outside London and first-class post takes two days to reach me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajiv.dua07)
    By ethnicity, yes. But I'm British. I live just outside London and first-class post takes two days to reach me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ah, i see. I'm just trying to console myself by finding applicants in a similar state as me. No email, no post, no word at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shankar.leo)
    ah, i see. I'm just trying to console myself by finding applicants in a similar state as me. No email, no post, no word at all.
    Hi,

I applied to Churchill for NatSci(Physical) and I haven't heard from my college at all. I even tried calling them from Malaysia (twice), but no one picked up the phone. I think it's lunch time now...

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.