Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My boyfriend went out with an "old friend" last night and ended up going to the friend's boss' house. I called when I was going to bed and he was drunk and really out of it saying he wanted to come home. I said I'd call him a taxi but the friend wouldn't tell me/ him the address they were at....

So he said he's book a taxi himself, I thought this would be from the address but no, he didn't want to give out the address even to the taxi company... (it wasn't his address to give out and his boss was in bed, he wasn't going to go and wake him up to ask) .... which is strange because I distinctively heard another man's voice in the background, and my boyfriend didn't remember a 4th person being there. (but then he was drunk.)

My boyfriend's "friend" took him out of the house and walked him down the lanes to the "main road" which was still in the middle of nowhere, and told him he'd booked him a taxi and left him there- still pissed out of his face and not knowing whether the friend called a taxi or not, but the taxi never turned up. I ended up speaking to him on the phone and getting him to walk down the road for ages until he found a house, so I could book him a cab and actually tell the cab where he's going to be.

What I don't get is WHY couldn't he get a taxi from the boss' house?! Am I just being paranoid if i think something must be going on there...???

ReputationRep:
    Yeh ..maybe ur right..i smelll something fishy...lol..no but seriously u need to speak to ur.bf and clear the air...
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    This is a bizarre occurrence. Something's up, although I'm damned if I know what.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons)
    This is a bizarre occurrence. Something's up, although I'm damned if I know what.
    Agreeing with the above comment - this is all very weird, though of course things do happen when you're drunk. I don't know what you think may have happened (cheating?) but I think maybe you need to try and talk to the other people who were there if possible, if he truly can't remember what happened...

Thanks for your replies!

Well, I don't think he cheated- I think it was only the 3 guys there, and I trust he wouldn't cheat anyway. Even if he did want to/ have to opportunity to erm... gunna sound bad but he was OUT OF IT, I don't think any girl would of wanted to/ he would of been capable of doing so, lol.

When I first spoke to him this morning he said he didn't remember leaving, and I told him what I knew, and it came back to him sort of but he didn't understand why he wasn't allowed a taxi from the house either. And he said he doesn't know how he got that drunk as he was watching what he was drinking (cos of work today), I know he could of been just saying that, but I've seen him REALLY drunk, and maybe I was imagining that he seemed worse than that?? He was proper emotional when he was on his own in the road, (i know obviously it's a bad situation to be in especially when drunk but still..)

When he got in he put he got a text, and he was far too gone so I read it "i thought by the way he was that *boyfriends name* hated me by tbh i did nothing wrong... xxxxxxxxxxxxxx love you to bruv xxxxxxxx" from the friend, which seemed pretty strange right, and when I mentioned it in the morning he said it sounded like a reply, and low and behold there was a text "*boyfriend's name* love's you" to the friend. Appears to be sent by me but I did't send it, and my BF wouldn't of been able to text, the only other person if the taxi driver, but they wouldn't send texts for people surely??

OK. I know this is a long post already but... there was an incident involving sexual abuse when my BF was 5. It was repressed until he turned 20-ish but he's told me that it happened at this friend's family's house. Also, when they first got back in touch, the friend offered him some cash in hand work, I convinced him otherwise, luckily. But I don't get what sort of business you need to be at your boss' house in the middle of the night for. I've spoken to the friend on the phone and he's given all sorts of reasons, but it just doesn't seem to add up.......

ReputationRep:
    I think if you're really worried something dodgy might have happened you should speak to a person of authority - parent, teacher or police. It might be something more serious and considering your boyfriends past it should be looked into I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 5, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.