Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    weve just started doing it for drama, and its already boring me, is there any1 else that has had any bad experiences with this play or any others for that matter???

the one good thing about this play is that winona ryder played the female lead in the film, what a goddess!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~*glitter*~)
    what a load of shite!!! weve just started doing it for drama, and its already boring me, is there any1 else that has had any bad experiences with this play or any others for that matter???

the one good thing about this play is that winona ryder played the female lead in the film, what a goddess!!!
    Dedicated a whole coursework to it. Yes the film is tedious and the novel is somewhat boring. I prefer 'Lord Of The Flies' to that sort of stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Dedicated a whole coursework to it. Yes the film is tedious and the novel is somewhat boring. I prefer 'Lord Of The Flies' to that sort of stuff.
    ive never read lord of the flies, we did of mice and men at gcse, i like that 1

ReputationRep:
    I think The Crucible is a great play. Daniel Day Lewis is in the film to isn't he?

ReputationRep:
    If you think The Crucible is a novel you didn't learn much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammyd)
    I think The Crucible is a great play. Daniel Day Lewis is in the film to isn't he?
    Wynoda 'thieving gal' Ryder is in it too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weejimmie)
    If you think The Crucible is a novel you didn't learn much.
    Ok you pedant. It's a play.

ReputationRep:
    yeah he plays john proctor, this play is ok if u dont have to do it to death, like i have

ReputationRep:
    So she is. She's always been a bit mad, corrupting DDL in the play too.

ReputationRep:
    eeeeeeeeeeemmmmmmm, winona ryder *drool*

ReputationRep:
    yeah he plays john proctor, this play is ok if u dont have to do it to death, like i have
    I think I did it for GCSE English lit, so you are probably right, we didn't do it to death. I only find it interesting really because of Miller's political stance, and the stuff that was going on in the US at the time.

ReputationRep:
    I think I did it for GCSE English lit, so you are probably right, we didn't do it to death. I only find it interesting really because of Miller's political stance, and the stuff that was going on in the US at the time.
    Ditto.

ReputationRep:
    I think GCSE English does a really good job of removing every scrap of creativeness and love for language that you might otherwise have had! I found that I actually liked all of the books but hated reading them simply because it meant we had to write another horrible essay.

Ben

ReputationRep:
    i did it for gcse drama and now im doing it for alevel, what a bummer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben.S.)
    I think GCSE English does a really good job of removing every scrap of creativeness and love for language that you might otherwise have had! I found that I actually liked all of the books but hated reading them simply because it meant we had to write another horrible essay.

Ben
    i hate the whole analising thing, its such a pain in the arse

ReputationRep:
    Was that pun intended?

Ben

ReputationRep:
    Thats what I liked about Eng lit really, finding out what the author/playwrite means.

ReputationRep:
    Thats what I liked about Eng lit really, finding out what the author/playwrite means.
    thing is, i bet half the time they dont really think or mean what what we say they do, it really ****ed up me head at 1 time cus id be watchin a film and id be analisin it and id be lookin for a deeper meanin, not good

ReputationRep:
    what a load of shite!!! weve just started doing it for drama, and its already boring me, is there any1 else that has had any bad experiences with this play or any others for that matter???

OMG! Blasphemy!!!! The Crucible was BRILLIANT! Arthur Miller...he was like married to Marilyn Monroe! It's all about witch hunts and murder and coming in the dead of night with a pointy reckoning, it's about communism and McCarthism etc etc
    It is fantastic...*cries* how dare you be so mean! (I also got an A* for my coursework on it)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danithestudent)
    OMG! Blasphemy!!!! The Crucible was BRILLIANT! Arthur Miller...he was like married to Marilyn Monroe! It's all about witch hunts and murder and coming in the dead of night with a pointy reckoning, it's about communism and McCarthism etc etc
    It is fantastic...*cries* how dare you be so mean! (I also got an A* for my coursework on it)
    ok ok calm down!!, its not that bad im just getting very very tired of it, i like what its all about and i especially like the film (4 1 reason and 1 reason only)

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.