exam was good today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Warlord)
    exam was good today?
    No comment. Im just glad their over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maryb_101)
    No comment. Im just glad their over.
    That doesnt really sound positive... Its better to do them now then possibly resit in June no? Anyway, they are done for you, lets move on haha.

ReputationRep:
    whoever is good at science can you please answer this for me:
    Which activity has had the biggest effect - human or natural and WHY?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Armani786)
    I don't understand the question? Are you asking whether it's hard-work or natural ability that determines whether you do well in the sciences?

My answer would be both. I've seen people who work incredibly hard fail because they unfortunately just don't have it in them, and I've seen people with incredible natural ability fail due to not putting the work in.

You need a bit of both.

ReputationRep:
    Could you rephrase the question? Slightly confusing lol

Are you talking about nature/nurture??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hippysnake)
    I don't understand the question? Are you asking whether it's hard-work or natural ability that determines whether you do well in the sciences?

My answer would be both. I've seen people who work incredibly hard fail because they unfortunately just don't have it in them, and I've seen people with incredible natural ability fail due to not putting the work in.

You need a bit of both.
    No, sorry i didn't make it clear but i meant: Has human activity such as using energy (oil), pollution, powerstations-fossil fuel nuclear etc... or natural activity such as earthquakes, volcanoes...---- which of these has had a big effect on our Earth/enviroment? And why?

ReputationRep:
    No, sorry i didn't make it clear but i meant: Has human activity such as using energy (oil), pollution, powerstations-fossil fuel nuclear etc... or natural activity such as earthquakes, volcanoes...---- which of these has had a big effect on our Earth/enviroment? And why?
    Long term: Us (pollution etc)
    Short term: We aint got jack on a volcano or an earthquake, know what I'm saying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zeegie)

Has human activity or natural activity had a big effect on the enviroment and WHY?
    Human activity e.g. pollution -transport, not organic farming, powerstations-fossil nuclear.

Natural activity e.g. earthquakes, volcanoes etc.

ReputationRep:
    Long term: Us (pollution etc)
    Short term: We aint got jack on a volcano or an earthquake, know what I'm saying?
    Yeah cool! Thanks for your help.

ReputationRep:

You need a bit of both.
    This aplies only to sciences imo. You cant have one or the other, you need both. For nearly every other subject, having one of the two abilities is enough I think. But then the sciences are regarded as the hardest subjects for a reason.

ReputationRep:
    Has human activity or natural activity had a big effect on the enviroment and WHY?
    Human activity e.g. pollution -transport, not organic farming, powerstations-fossil nuclear.

Natural activity e.g. earthquakes, volcanoes etc.

Ahhhhh rigggghhtttt....

Well natural activity has always existed, right from the start. Global warming is a natural process which existed way before humans even came into the picture....the Earth's atmosphere was pretty different to what it is now, due to things like volcanic eruptions etc....

Human activity has definitely caused an impact on the environment and may even have increased the problems for the environment since industrial revolution for example....

However, one must consider that a correlation between increased use of cars and transport and pollution etc may not have actually caused environmental problems....we do not know for sure if global warming and other environmental problems would stop if we all got rid of cars and stopped using electricity or whatever....as some of these processes have been a natural part of the Earth's cycle.

Look up some graphs on google about CO2 levels in the atmosphere and how they have changed or repeated over the centuries....

I very much doubt there is a clear cut answer to your qs lol

Hope it helps

ReputationRep:

Had any exams today?

ReputationRep:
    Had any exams today?
    Nooo thank god Spent the whole afternoon in the computer room like a chron, doing a maths past paper.....wanted to go to the gym but any physical activity is banned until my Jan exams are over...according to my mother lol

Thank god only one left

Have you just got the Chem 5 left now?

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhhh rigggghhtttt....

Well natural activity has always existed, right from the start. Global warming is a natural process which existed way before humans even came into the picture....the Earth's atmosphere was pretty different to what it is now, due to things like volcanic eruptions etc....

Human activity has definitely caused an impact on the environment and may even have increased the problems for the environment since industrial revolution for example....

However, one must consider that a correlation between increased use of cars and transport and pollution etc may not have actually caused environmental problems....we do not know for sure if global warming and other environmental problems would stop if we all got rid of cars and stopped using electricity or whatever....as some of these processes have been a natural part of the Earth's cycle.

Look up some graphs on google about CO2 levels in the atmosphere and how they have changed or repeated over the centuries....

I very much doubt there is a clear cut answer to your qs lol

Hope it helps
    Thank youuuuu soooo much! From the bottom of my heart i thank you... this has helped me. God bless you!

ReputationRep:
    Thank youuuuu soooo much! From the bottom of my heart i thank you... this has helped me. God bless you!

Ooofff lol okay hahahah welcks

ReputationRep:
    Ooofff lol okay hahahah welcks
    :adore:

ReputationRep:
    Nooo thank god Spent the whole afternoon in the computer room like a chron, doing a maths past paper.....wanted to go to the gym but any physical activity is banned until my Jan exams are over...according to my mother lol

Thank god only one left

Have you just got the Chem 5 left now?
    Just chem 5, yep. I think everyone here will be finished by friday barring us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maryb_101)
    Lol my exams are over! Wooooooooooooooo
    :ditto:

:woo:

ReputationRep:
    Just chem 5, yep. I think everyone here will be finished by friday barring us

The people at my school who finished yesterday are wasting no time in rubbing it in others' faces.....

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 4, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.