Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AkaJetson)
    Apparently he's stopped his protests as the government has agreed to dissolve parliament in March
    http://tribune.com.pk/story/495642/t...uding-a-farce/

By the way, off topic..do you think the army should go into Waziristan and kill the PakTaliban?
    I'm not sure who pak taliban actually are...afghan taliban says, pak taliban is not with them...so....I dont know.

but my view on foreign policy is that Pakistan should stop supporting USA's "war on terror".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LegendX)
    Zardari: Bhutto Bhutto BHUTTO BHUTTO BHUTTO !!!
    People of Pakistan: Let's vote for him, that poor mans wife died, he deserves presidency even though he has stolen loads of money.

Please...logic?
    logic:

pays everyone in villages rs500, 1000, 2000 etc...to literally buy votes..Thats the part your missing....thats how they win elections. But this time I dont think even that will work..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zedeneye1)
    logic:

pays everyone in villages rs500, 1000, 2000 etc...to literally buy votes..Thats the part your missing....thats how they win elections. But this time I dont think even that will work..
    And I wonder why people think Pakistani people are corrupt/dishonest.

Yep...no idea where that comes from

ReputationRep:
    Good night!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LegendX)
    Zeeg, ignore my previous post, I'm not trying to call you dumb or anything so don't be offended , 'mangi' is just one of them street terms, ill explain it to you sometime. :P
    dude.... i dont get offended that easily....no need, i'll look it up myself...hope ur exams go well

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh we have new people on the thread

ReputationRep:
    wow the discussion has become so serious
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zedeneye1)
    tahir-ul-qadri. wats your views on him?
    I read this online, pretty much sums up what I think of him:

Let’s understand one thing before anything: He’s not completely sincere - and I say this while keeping in mind that we’re ‘governed’ by a government that is notorious for its corruption and complicity in state-sanctioned brutality - the same Government he’s going against. So we have a dubious character on one side and an incompetent ruling elite on the other.

The timing of Qadri’s Long March along with the Supreme Court’s order to arrest the Prime Minister Pervez Ashraf (another corrupt individual) is not coincidental. Pakistani human rights activist and lawyer Asma Jehangir hinted at The Boots being behind this. The Boots being the Pakistan Army. Staging coups in Pakistan is a trend we’ve seen for long - especially before the elections. Another concern that some of us have raised is the funding behind Qadri’s campaign. Massive and, subsequently, suspicious. I also wish Qadri had criticized the Army and the intelligence agencies as much as he criticized the violations of constitutions and corruption of the Government. But, alas.

However, it is very important to understand the people who see “hope” in Qadri. Most Western media outlets have lumped them all up as these brainwashed angry Mozlems. The situation is very, very similar to what happened when the Muslim Brotherhood won support of many in Egypt. Liberal elites tend to infantilize these “masses” as raging extremists; They forget their social realities compel them to support such figures. Qadri, while insincere in his agenda, does understand the grievances of these people. I had a brief yet heated conversation with a Reuters journalist who generalized everyone supporting Qadri as “middle class” and “urban” which made no sense because it wasn’t true. Many of those who see hope in Qadri are from the lower class, labor stratification of Pakistan. They see no hope in the current government or upcoming elections. The dispossessed, like it or not, will endorse these figures out of necessity. This is something what many analysts don’t understand. Whether this is because they’re blinded by privilege or they have their own goals, is another debate.

All in all, the situation is pretty clear: We have a popular figure running a political campaign with the hidden assistance of the Pakistan Army in a country where people see no hope in the current government. And you can’t blame them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by free_the_mind)
    Final year Pharmacy. How's your gap going ?
    Not too bad, it's actually quite relaxing Nice! Any plans on life now that you're almost out of uni?

(Original post by ..BM..)
    what about the rest of the three days??

Me?? I go to school....
    I work at a hospital

(Original post by Zeegie)
    lol i just want u to be uncomfortable hahahahajaahh
    oh shut up....im limited behind a screen.....you wud lose ur boredom and sanity if u saw me lol
    Mhm..:p:

Nah, I doubt you have it in you sis

ReputationRep:
    Really?? what do you do at hospital??

I'd love to work in hospital... I just love the environment...

ReputationRep:
    Where is everyone from??

ReputationRep:
    Really?? what do you do at hospital??

I'd love to work in hospital... I just love the environment...
    I'm a part of the staff bank right now so currently (for an indefinite time period) I'm working as a radiographic assistant so I get patients ready for CT/MRI/US scans as necessary, getting the machines ready and what not.

ReputationRep:
    Where is everyone from??
    Fiji.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revent)

Nah, I doubt you have it in you sis

Suit yourself bro.

On a serious note, have you ever seen a pilonidal sinus?

ReputationRep:
    NO SCHOOL TODAY yayayayyayayay

ReputationRep:
    Suit yourself bro.

On a serious note, have you ever seen a pilonidal sinus?
    No, why? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    NO SCHOOL TODAY yayayayyayayay
    LOL. Wait you are from fiji? I thought you were from pakistan? Oh,and what the heck happened on here last night when i went, how did we go from women being f'ed over in our culture to politics lol?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revent)
    No, why? :lol:
    Lol just wondering

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Warlord)
    LOL. Wait you are from fiji? I thought you were from pakistan? Oh,and what the heck happened on here last night when i went, how did we go from women being f'ed over in our culture to politics lol?

Hahahahah no mate I just made the fiji thing up like yesterday when this other dude on here was asking everyone where they were from....

I have no idea what happened....people went to bed but then this sudden wave of people just flew on and started talking about politics??! I crashed out after like an hour...

ReputationRep:
    Hahahahah no mate I just made the fiji thing up like yesterday when this other dude on here was asking everyone where they were from....

I have no idea what happened....people went to bed but then this sudden wave of people just flew on and started talking about politics??! I crashed out after like an hour...
    new people are good, but allow the arguing over bhutto lol.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 4, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.