Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MedMed12)
    are you being serious? then that defeats the point of certain things in marriage then. chances are temp bf/gf wont last, its also haram and theres things called STDs etc.
    chances are if you've avoided such activites yourself then you wouldnt be saying that right?
    ahh did you do s1 at AS? and then m1 for a2 ? same
    M1 is much more fun (but s1 is easier imo)

thats so wrong
    well tbh if youve done such things, no decent person will go for you.
    what about stds? and morals etc?
    A relationship does not hae to involve anything sexual, I certainly would not. And if the guy respected the girl, he wouldnt anyway. Hey, you shouldnt hint at saying certain things, not nice med.
    A person who engages in, whatnot activites can still be a moral person. Morality is the set of rules by which we live. If someone sleeps with another woman pre marriage etc, yet doesnt drink or take drugs and gives to chairty and generally lives a good life, wouldnt that be better than a person who doesnt engage in sexual activites yet does all those which are immoral barring that?

ReputationRep:
    did you change schools for a2?
    snap
    Yeah...wasn't meant to...but a few weeks into yr 13 I moved back to my old school's sixth form due to some other stuff....

ReputationRep:
    yes, I agreee with that with most things, but one or two things I dont think you'd bend right?
    If I knew someone I was going to marry had slept with 10+ people, even if theyve changed that'd put me off tbh
    if ive avoided such haram things, why should I settle for lower.
    also, you seem like my kind of person
    Because if it's meant to be, (if you agree that your life has been written for you), then why does it matter how many women he's slept with just as long as you're his last? :/ lol

And you are totes my kind too. Lets pinky swear to be good to each other. ALWAYS 😁

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    yes, I agreee with that with most things, but one or two things I dont think you'd bend right?
    If I knew someone I was going to marry had slept with 10+ people, even if theyve changed that'd put me off tbh
    if ive avoided such haram things, why should I settle for lower.
    also, you seem like my kind of person
    If someone has genuinely changed and you still say no for no reason other than the mistakes they made in their past, it will take you long to find a person. Every single muslim in this world will have made mistakes, we have to learn and forgive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zeegie)
    NOOOOO

I did D1 at AS..AQA
    Now in A2 I'm doing M1 whereas if I hadn't changed schools I would be doing S1, but I know people who've done S1 and found it a ****ing nightmare loool
    it was easy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YWArtist)
    i like playing deep
    behind the back
    :teehee:
    Well it could work both ways I guess, one out one in

ReputationRep:
    Yeah...wasn't meant to...but a few weeks into yr 13 I moved back to my old school's sixth form due to some other stuff....
    dw I did too

(Original post by Warlord)
    A relationship does not hae to involve anything sexual, I certainly would not. And if the guy respected the girl, he wouldnt anyway.
    A person who engages in, whatnot activites can still be a moral person. Morality is the set of rules by which we live. If someone sleeps with another woman pre marriage etc, yet doesnt drink or take drugs and gives to chairty and generally lives a good life, wouldnt that be better than a person who doesnt engage in sexual activites yet does all those which are immoral barring that?
    Exactly!
    But you devalue yourself by doing such things, lose respect for yourself and I should have been more specific by morals. I guess you could have morals, but I meant certain morals like relationship wise.
    imo they'd be equal it just depends which one sees as worse.

ReputationRep:
    If someone has genuinely changed and you still say no for no reason other than the mistakes they made in their past, it will take you long to find a person. Every single muslim in this world will have made mistakes, we have to learn and forgive.
    TOTALLY second this

ReputationRep:
    The flirting, i mean sexting* on here is appauling lmao

ReputationRep:
    oh forgiving certain things is fine e.g. drinking, smoking, commiting other crimes, small things, but some stuff would be a definite no-no such as sex, murder (chances are theyd be jail anyway!), or fraud or something.

ReputationRep:
    Well it could work both ways I guess, one out one in
    hahahaa
    yess it would!
    so what else you into?
    wrestling?
    swimming>?

ReputationRep:
    oh forgiving certain things is fine e.g. drinking, smoking, commiting other crimes, small things, but some stuff would be a definite no-no such as sex, murder (chances are theyd be jail anyway!), or fraud or something.

You're putting murder and fraud on the same level?
    And how can you not forgive someone regarding sex?

ReputationRep:
    You're putting murder and fraud on the same level?
    And how can you not forgive someone regarding sex?
    it was the first thing that came to my mind aha maybe not murder but fraud perhaps
    and I ask, how can you?

ReputationRep:
    Honestly guys, I'm a lot more shareef than you think :teehee: I didn't mean to cause some huge debate and stuff.

Allah says forgive and stuff like that so you gotta learn to forgive, MedMed, no? So even if a guy has slept with a million girls (****** legend shall I say :mmm: ), but repents after, and is genuine, what's wrong with forgiving? I'll point you to that story about the man who was a serial killer (he killed baaare people) and then he wanted forgiveness and stuff. So he was going to some place for forgiveness, and on the way he died. He was MEANT to go to hell and all that, but Allah forgave him and all that so he went to heaven. True story.

ReputationRep:
    NOOOOO

I did D1 at AS..AQA
    Now in A2 I'm doing M1 whereas if I hadn't changed schools I would be doing S1, but I know people who've done S1 and found it a ****ing nightmare loool
    ocr buddies right S1 ocr was a mare with permutations and combinations. M1 looks harder, you have to help me later on, you promised!

ReputationRep:
    it was the first thing that came to my mind aha maybe not murder but fraud perhaps
    and I ask, how can you?
    Jawani mai laug galtiya kartain hai, nain?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revent)
    Honestly guys, I'm a lot more shareef than you think :teehee: I didn't mean to cause some huge debate and stuff.

Allah says forgive and stuff like that so you gotta learn to forgive, MedMed, no? So even if a guy has slept with a million girls (****** legend shall I say :mmm: ), but repents after, and is genuine, what's wrong with forgiving? I'll point you to that story about the man who was a serial killer (he killed baaare people) and then he wanted forgiveness and stuff. So he was going to some place for forgiveness, and on the way he died. He was MEANT to go to hell and all that, but Allah forgave him and all that so he went to heaven. True story.
    You know, i would have respected this comment if you hadn't added in the stupid jokes. When you're referring to Allah, and His forgiveness leave out the banter.

ReputationRep:
    and I ask, how can you?

Well, I just don't think it is our place to judge and characterise someone on the basis of something they did in the past....if they've repented sincerely and you know they have changed then why should you carry on holding a grudge towards them? At least give them another chance..wouldn't you want the same if you were in that place?

At the end of the day, Allah knows best...

ReputationRep:
    ocr buddies right S1 ocr was a mare with permutations and combinations. M1 looks harder, you have to help me later on, you promised!
    ive hated M1 more because im not a physic-y person but its more maths so its not too bad
    if you've done AS physics you should be fine tbh

ReputationRep:
    dw I did too

Exactly!
    But you devalue yourself by doing such things, lose respect for yourself and I should have been more specific by morals. I guess you could have morals, but I meant certain morals like relationship wise.
    imo they'd be equal it just depends which one sees as worse.
    You mean lose respect for yourself by not engaging in intimate things? Surely you would still respect each other? Im not sure people in love think about these things, they certainly dont lose respect for each other, in fact im pretty sure they would respect each other more no?
    Ok, I could have a relationship, but I wouldnt go further than a kiss on the cheek eg. Is that okay?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 4, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.