Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MedMed12)
    it was the first thing that came to my mind aha maybe not murder but fraud perhaps
    and I ask, how can you?
    If it's someone I am to marry, ill forgive them because their actions in the past don't define them.

Simple as herbal essences.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Warlord)
    ocr buddies right S1 ocr was a mare with permutations and combinations. M1 looks harder, you have to help me later on, you promised!

I keep my promises don't worry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maryb_101)
    You know, i would have respected this comment if you hadn't added in the stupid jokes. When you're referring to Allah, and His forgiveness leave out the banter.
    Well, the rest of it is actually true. I used to read lots of hadith in my religious peak and the story of the serial killer is true. The actual thing where he was between two towns and the angel of death was gonna take him to hell if he was closer to the town he just left which he was. Then Allah intervened and swapped the distances around so he was closer to the other town.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zeegie)
    Well, I just don't think it is our place to judge and characterise someone on the basis of something they did in the past....if they've repented sincerely and you know they have changed then why should you carry on holding a grudge towards them? At least give them another chance..wouldn't you want the same if you were in that place?

At the end of the day, Allah knows best...
    im not judging a person, as far as im concerned people can do wth they like
    im just saying im 99% sure when it came to marriage youd go for someone who theyd say is decent (thats the way it works) so many guys who sleep around want to then marry a shareef girl and vice versa
    ive heard it with my own ears

ReputationRep:
    ive hated M1 more because im not a physic-y person but its more maths so its not too bad
    if you've done AS physics you should be fine tbh
    Lol oh, I did chem econ and eng lit, no physics whatsover, oh well

ReputationRep:
    Lol oh, I did chem econ and eng lit, no physics whatsover, oh well
    You did English Lit??? :daydreaming:
    How was it??

ReputationRep:
    If my husband, *slight cringe using that term lol* had been in previous relationship and had engaged in sexual activity, then yeah it would annoy me perhaps a little. But it's what he did in the past, your past does not and should not define who you are now and who you can become. He may have changed, he may have repented, and God help me if i was too blind to see that.

(Don't care what is written in your history
    As long as you're here with me
    I don't care who you are
    Where you're from
    What you did
    As long as you love me)

ReputationRep:
    You mean lose respect for yourself by not engaging in intimate things? Surely you would still respect each other? Im not sure people in love think about these things, they certainly dont lose respect for each other, in fact im pretty sure they would respect each other more no?
    Ok, I could have a relationship, but I wouldnt go further than a kiss on the cheek eg. Is that okay?
    its only okay when you think its okay
    if we followed islam strictly, we shouldnt even be talking. Ill admit im not religous but certain things would be a no
    i dont know whats okay because i havent reached that stage of decision yet lmao
    for all I know by 2nd year uni I could be the biggest **** around (inshallah this will not happen!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonietoot)
    If it's someone I am to marry, ill forgive them because their actions in the past don't define them.

Argument closed with this comment really. We cant hold people up for thingsthy did years ago, that is just wrong. Im assuming a non arranged marriage here btw, so that you would know what the person is like completely before marriage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YWArtist)
    hahahaa
    yess it would!
    so what else you into?
    wrestling?
    swimming>?
    The list is way too long yaarrraaaaaaaaaaa
    And some things would surprise you heheheh

ReputationRep:
    If my husband, *slight cringe using that term lol* had been in previous relationship and had engaged in sexual activity, then yeah it would annoy me perhaps a little. But it's what he did in the past, your past does not and should not define who you are now and who you can become. He may have changed, he may have repented, and God help me if i was too blind to see that.

I don't care who you are
    Where you're from
    What you did
    As long as you love me)
    what if they told you they had HIV then what?

ReputationRep:
    Argument closed with this comment really. We cant hold people up for thingsthy did years ago, that is just wrong. Im assuming a non arranged marriage here btw, so that you would know what the person is like completely before marriage.
    arranged is becoming less common nowadays so yeah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zeegie)
    The list is way too long yaarrraaaaaaaaaaa
    And some things would surprise you heheheh
    do you like horse riding? :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonietoot)

what if they told you they had HIV or worse, you found out and they hadnt told you?
    then what?

ReputationRep:
    im just saying im 99% sure when it came to marriage youd go for someone who theyd say is decent (thats the way it works) so many guys who sleep around want to then marry a shareef girl and vice versa
    Oh deary me.

Advice from one sister to another, stop listening to other people or going by hear say.
    If you want a good man, you'll find a good man Insha Allah if that is what's destined for you. And I pray Allah blesses you with a shareef man!

Live and learn to forgive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revent)
    Well, the rest of it is actually true. I used to read lots of hadith in my religious peak and the story of the serial killer is true. The actual thing where he was between two towns and the angel of death was gonna take him to hell if he was closer to the town he just left which he was. Then Allah intervened and swapped the distances around so he was closer to the other town.
    I know the story i'm not retarded :L

ReputationRep:
    Yeah go for decent partners, that's fine
    But decency isn't defined solely by your sexual history

ReputationRep:
    what if they told you they had HIV or worse, you found out and they hadnt told you?
    then what?
    Hmmm. Then I'll cross that bridge when I come to it AHA

Dunno. I'm gonna die one day. If HIV is the cause so be it.

Come at me. I'm totally scared of death but I know it's inevitable.

ReputationRep:

I don't care who you are
    Where you're from
    What you did
    As long as you love me)
    :gasp:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YWArtist)
    do you like horse riding? :teehee:
    Not good for my athletic hips

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 4, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.