The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Insomniac_1901
I know. He's a messed up individual. You know he's actually younger than me by enough to ACTUALLY be my younger brother? It's like my moral duty to sort him out...

Baby brothers play up sometimes... get confused. It's okay. It happens.

Really!? Yeah he is messed up or 'corrupt' as he calls himself. :L
Original post by YWArtist
Talking to someone till 3/4 am every night
But 'liking' someone else
Hmm

Dude this isn't fb!
Original post by Maryb_101

Corrupt? Nah trust me he's harmless :cute:

Revent
x

:hugs:
Talking to someone till 3/4 am every night
But 'liking' someone else
Hmm

Lol mate, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,
Stop acting so "sikh", not good :smile:
Reply 4124
Original post by Warlord
Lol mate, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,
Stop acting so "sikh", not good :smile:

Haha its not even what you think! :L
Although you do know who I like!

He is hilarious. Calls himself corrupt, and rather than fix it, continues it :biggrin:
Haha its not even what you think! :L
Although you do know who I like!

Lol, you make your emotions pretty clear to everyone :biggrin:. Oh, we not talking about the nice person?
Reply 4127
Original post by Revent
Just to wind you guys up :wink:
Plus, I've learnt from the (old) best :wink: (Hasan :tongue: )

How's it going sis? :smile:

Terrible.
Reply 4128
Original post by Obscure One
Hey guys, since this is a very asian dominated thread, I feel some of you guys may be able to relate to what I got to say and suggest some solutions please?

Basically, I intend to go university this coming year, I told my mum and she was fine with it and stuff after persuading her for a long time. I don't really aim to tell my dad cos he's gonna be against it as he has the typical asian dad mindset, that every girl comes out of uni corrupt. But the thing is my only intention is actually to study. Like many people say that for a cover up for the real reason. But I honestly mean it, I'm even willing to go to the nearest uni to home. And then yday I was telling my mum about a uni I got a reply from (the closest one obvs) and shockingly she just flipped at me, and me being the short-tempered person I am just started to argue, cos this is my life. I don't wanna be a typical housewife. I wanna be an independent female who has ambitions in her life. And now my mum is against it. I'm so pissed atm I dunno what to do. Feel like dropping Sixth Form, for which I've been trying my level best for. :frown:

So any solutions on how to deal with this typical situation? Thank you in advance! :smile:

Definitely take in what everyone else has said on this thread....I'm really sorry you're having to go through this nightmare, it must be uncomfortable and annoying for you to approach your parents about this especially when you know they'll just flip out...

Have you specifically asked them why they don't want you to go to uni? I know you said your dad thinks you're gonna come back corrupt or something, try telling him as Moonietoot already said on here, that you have a right to education. And that you are willing to stay close to home so they won't have to worry about anything....

If your parents are worried about respect and pride within the community, is there any reason for those worries? If you haven't actually done anything to break their trust, then why are they preventing you from carrying on with your education??

Is there like an imam or a close family friend or anyone who can try and reason with your parents? What about teachers at your school, like the principle?

Parents will definitely have their worries, but you need to get them to understand that you want to make your own living and get ahead in life and do something about it....you aren't doing anything wrong ok?! Understand that you have full right to go to uni and make something out of it, and you must fight for that...

Definitely talk to your parents and plead with them if they repeatedly don't listen...try and get them to come with you to see what the uni is like where you want to go...be direct with telling them exactly what you want, and make sure they know your purpose and that you won't do anything stupid and that you are mature and responsible.

PM me if you want :smile:
Reply 4129
Original post by Warlord
Lol, you make your emotions pretty clear to everyone :biggrin:. Oh, we not talking about the nice person?

Nopeeeee
Somebody elseee
Well right now my pehlaa pyaaar is chemistry :L
Reply 4130
Dude this isn't fb!

Haha facebook is ****e :L

And it is pretty clear who gave this post a positive rating
And many of mine negs..
So childish haha
Think the world revolves around you.
Yes that is an indirect.
Reply 4131
Not the indirect messages AGAIN lol :biggrin:

1167_10151380370652079_340070899_n.jpg
Reply 4133
Original post by Zeegie
Not the indirect messages AGAIN lol :biggrin:

Sorry bhaaajiiiii :'L
Reply 4134
1167_10151380370652079_340070899_n.jpg

aryt
i get it

And it is pretty clear who gave this post a positive rating
And many of mine negs..
So childish haha
Think the world revolves around you.
Yes that is an indirect.

Incase this is at me, say it to me rather than indirectly cuz it makes you look a bit ****-ish. Jus sayin'
Reply 4136
Incase this is at me, say it to me rather than indirectly cuz it makes you look a bit ****-ish. Jus sayin'

whats
****?
Reply 4137
Original post by Warlord

the best things are unplanned :wink:
Reply 4138
Right I don't care if this is a public announcement.....both of you (you know who you are) please please please pleaaaaaasseeeee settle your business somehow because it is making me extremely sad and I know this has NOTHING to do with me so apologise in advance for butting in like this but yeah don't get mad or anything just for god's sake sort it out and leave it be.....don't really know what else to say but instead of eating at each other's throats just talk about it and settle the matter as people of this age do.

Peace xxx
whats
****?

So it was aimed at me. If you got something to say, say it to ME. Don't do what pussies do.

Latest