Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maryb_101)
    Lol if it someone i like, i may call them that. I'm not a doctor, i'm not even in uni yet! I start this sept. no i'll marry at an appropriate age and it won't be forced. Parents who force their kids need a slap.
    What course you doing then? Same here. Tbf, Im very thankful that my parents are somewhat more liberal than others, and I thought the whole forced marriage thing was a pretty small thing, but then I talked to someone here, and this girl at uni tells me about what her family are doing to her, and it really is quite shocking. I don't really want to go in to details, but let's say I don't like most of her family, and another person on TSR, I don't like her parents either from what she describes

Besides, with my relationship with my parents, they wouldn't do that, especially with my travelling habits

Tried to make a section for forced marriage, to no avail

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2211341

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlligatorSky)
    Dubai?
    Dubai- one of the nicest places ever.....

ReputationRep:
    Dubai?
    Nah, what's wrong with my homeland?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revent)
    Stop lying you :blush:
    Lawl x

ReputationRep:
    Lol what? I never offered, i said im riding solo. Do you study medicine?
    Lool no. I quoted you, because I was apologising to you about the other day. I joked to LegendX if he was offering to marry me after he asked? (Not gay btw)

Nah, as said above, Computer Networks & Security

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student room sk)
    Lawl x
    We actually are together now :love: It's official (from just a bit ago :moon: )

ReputationRep:
    Dubai?
    Nice place, but lots of "slave labour" apparently See, I don't just criticise Pakistan (it's gov't), but others as well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Z-Ninja)
    Safe Mary_b your cool too, but yu know how life is, busy days has me forcing to juggle food till i can put somin on da plate to eat for dinner, just about that life yo. lawyer? engineer? business? cmon which one is it.. ride solo? yeah right wel see when the ristha comes at yur door fam, yur guna be like kabool hai before yu even look at da guy infront of yu.
    Aah grafting. Well..you tell me first lol
    Haha fam i' up for being single! Ain't nobody got time fo dattt. Single life is the life. I have to see the guy come on Z-Ninja..need to see the shakal of the guy i'm going to marry and i'm not that desperate b

ReputationRep:
    Nah, what's wrong with my homeland?
    Nothing is. There's something wrong with you. You keep hating it for no reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by de_monies)
    Lool no. I quoted you, because I was apologising to you about the other day. I joked to LegendX if he was offering to marry me after he asked? (Not gay btw)

I've changed my mind. I accept your proposal. Sounds fun :cool:

ReputationRep:

Oh sorry. Lool
    Oh i see, how is that going?

ReputationRep:
    Nice place, but lots of "slave labour" apparently See, I don't just criticise Pakistan (it's gov't), but others as well!
    Dubai's only nice for holidaying. Living there was a pain.

And yes the labor stuff is really bad. I mean they used to make those people work for hours and hours in that heat.

ReputationRep:
    hahahahahhaah-oh man, WTF am I going to do now??? :confused:

glad you've moved on I'm sure she can show you a good time too

ReputationRep:
    Dubai's only nice for holidaying. Living there was a pain.

And yes the labor stuff is really bad. I mean they used to make those people work for hours and hours in that heat.
    Not "used to" Still is unfortunately

Oh sorry. Lool
    Oh i see, how is that going?
    Not too bad. Got all firsts in first semester, which was pretty cool (And I cheated one point ) Applying for placements atm. Is my apology accepted? I've decided to act my age now

(Original post by LegendX)
    I've changed my mind. I accept your proposal. Sounds fun :cool:
    Yay. So this is awkward. Who's dad do we tell first? And who's the woman? Shot gun - I'm the guy!

ReputationRep:
    Are you telling them about us!?

ReputationRep:
    Nothing is. There's something wrong with you. You keep hating it for no reason.
    I don't! :lol: I love my homeland, Urdu was my first language

ReputationRep:
    Heyyy everyoneee hows you all and maryam if you read this how r yaaaaaaa! xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yay. So this is awkward. Who's dad do we tell first? And who's the woman? Shot gun - the guy!
    Lol, how old are you anyway

ReputationRep:
    I don't! :lol: I love my homeland, Urdu was my first language
    But you asked if I would show you around if you didn't like it.

And if you love it, stop calling it corrupt and stuff. Call it amazing like it is.

ReputationRep:
    Are you telling them about us!?
    Yeah :love:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 4, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.