Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by de_monies)

Lol. Not sure why. Especially when there's a guy in my avatar My posts aren't that girly are they?

That'd be Karachi I believe. In Islamabad, even Mcdonalds has security!
    I thought you were a girl too maybe its the monies bit? haha! dont know!

also, omg yeah I'm pretty sure McDs was more expensive there, like 400rupees for a meaal or something? I'm not too sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MedMed12)
    hmmm ahzam? hamaz? maazh? hmmmmm
    maybe hamza?

Well done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LegendX)
    Well done

yay! do I win a prize?! I joke
    There are afew hamzas these days, its become an increasingly common name aha

ReputationRep:
    yay! do I win a prize?! I joke
    There are afew hamzas these days, its become an increasingly common name aha
    yeah dunno why though. My name could be azham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zeegie)
    does anyone actually go to sleep??!?!!! jeeez 20 pgs maaannn

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol I even wished every one a gokd nights sleep . The others are nocturnal I guess

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=MedMed12;41506008]
    (Original post by LegendX)

ohh that sounds nice! Hmm I would recommend the city life at some point, althought its dirty and busy- its an experience.
    Not really, I'm kind of used to it as my rels are all here, I never went to Pak until I was 11 but it was a good experience and I learnt alot. In Islamabad, we stay at our own house, but in lahore it was at a hotel. As we were there for 5 weeks, it did get abit lonely, but we did make friends with the neighbours daughters. Its probably not as exciting for us, as those with cousins and family to visit. Birmingham is my 'little pakistan' haha

hahaha I wish :P I woke up and couldnt sleep again! so annoyed as I may have just ruined my sleep pattern
    Tbh I did prefer cities than my small little village

ReputationRep:
    I thought you were a girl too maybe its the monies bit? haha! dont know!

also, omg yeah I'm pretty sure McDs was more expensive there, like 400rupees for a meaal or something? I'm not too sure
    Lol there is a guy in the avatar. Not me though!

400 rupees isn't that pricey tbf but every one at that mcdonalds seemed to be British

ReputationRep:

400 rupees isn't that pricey tbf but every one at that mcdonalds seemed to be British

haha i didnt notice

oh no, its not pricey, but I meant compared to the UK its not that much cheaper, but macdonalds I guess would have a standard price (approx) everywhere.
    hahaha omg yeah we noticed that too!

ReputationRep:

Tbh I did prefer cities than my small little village
    haha yeah the nightlife is great compared to the UK (I guess the nightlife here is clubbing for most)

ReputationRep:
    haha i didnt notice

oh no, its not pricey, but I meant compared to the UK its not that much cheaper, but macdonalds I guess would have a standard price (approx) everywhere.
    hahaha omg yeah we noticed that too!
    Oh yeah I get what you're saying there but I think they just have the same price worldwide

haha yeah the nightlife is great compared to the UK (I guess the nightlife here is clubbing for most)
    What's it like there? Don't think id have been allowed regardless

Don't go clubbing here. Don't really like it tbf

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah I get what you're saying there but I think they just have the same price worldwide

What's it like there? Don't think id have been allowed regardless

Don't go clubbing here. Don't really like it tbf

yup
    ohh haha I would never be allowed out without an adult -was always with the parents haha - like all the shops are open and everyones out and about as its cooler at night and its just all alive and rides are open and people chilling in the parks and what not.
    Having said that, I've heard that there are underground clubs in pakistan. Some reason people there think clubbing is western etc

Same- dont have the intention to enter a club either

ReputationRep:

British?

yup
    ohh haha I would never be allowed out without an adult -was always with the parents haha - like all the shops are open and everyones out and about as its cooler at night and its just all alive and rides are open and people chilling in the parks and what not.
    Having said that, I've heard that there are underground clubs in pakistan. Some reason people there think clubbing is western etc

Same- dont have the intention to enter a club either
    There are very few clubs, there's one in Marriott and stuff. But mostly people go to private parties which is just like clubbing but you usually know most of the people there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlligatorSky)
    British?

There are very few clubs, there's one in Marriott and stuff. But mostly people go to private parties which is just like clubbing but you usually know most of the people there.
    haha VIP/ invite only clubbing

ReputationRep:
    haha VIP/ invite only clubbing

In a way.
    So it's much better. :P

ReputationRep:
    In a way.
    So it's much better. :P
    haha I suppose much safer, but many would argue its haram still the idea of a mixed environment and no adults, music and dancing etc ?
    if its
    single-sex only and in a safe environment I think most asian parents wouldnt disagree

ReputationRep:
    haha I suppose much safer, but many would argue its haram still the idea of a mixed environment and no adults, music and dancing etc ?
    if its
    single-sex only and in a safe environment I think most asian parents wouldnt disagree
    Yes of course it's haram. But not many people care about religion there.

ReputationRep:
    Yes of course it's haram. But not many people care about religion there.

haha yeah
    i dont understand whats going on though there...
    its like being western doesnt mean you do haram things. Many people here dont club, drink, eat pork but they presume we do
    I guess its unbringing maybe?
    a gir
    l i know came from pak and eats haram meat, I thought at first it might be because she didnt realise here its not halal seeing as everywhere in Pak it is, but I heard she just doesnt care

ReputationRep:
    haha yeah
    i dont understand whats going on though there...
    its like being western doesnt mean you do haram things. Many people here dont club, drink, eat pork but they presume we do
    I guess its unbringing maybe?
    a gir
    l i know came from pak and eats haram meat, I thought at first it might be because she didnt realise here its not halal seeing as everywhere in Pak it is, but I heard she just doesnt care

I knoww. People here are so much more religious than people in Pakistan.
    To be honest I ate haram meat when I came here too. Because it was really hard to give up on everything. But I got used to it and I don't anymore.

ReputationRep:
    I knoww. People here are so much more religious than people in Pakistan.
    To be honest I ate haram meat when I came here too. Because it was really hard to give up on everything. But I got used to it and I don't anymore.
    aha yeah I thought id be considered bad there...
    ohh but did you live in an area where no halal was available? we have alot of halal shops here

ReputationRep:
    aha yeah I thought id be considered bad there...
    ohh but did you live in an area where no halal was available? we have alot of halal shops here
    I don't know. I mean the area I live in doesn't but areas near us do.
    I guess we were just being fussy and stuff.

And it wasn't the meat we brought home, it was restaurant food. Like pizza hut or McDonalds.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 4, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.