Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maryb_101)
    Was Stuck on the same q for half an hour going mental...all because i read Silicon as Sulfur. Dammit.
    Someone is going blind with all the revision

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revent)
    Oh I was just being sarcastic about it's difficulty :p:

I swear, I remember this question in Chem, it was MCQ and asked how scientific ideas are published with options like on the internet or via the news and stuff :rofl:
    lol shutup, getting an A* is edexcel chemistry, or getting 90+ in unit 5 is some effort. You do actually need to revise properly to get tha in unit 5 lol. loool ok, so 1 mark q, yeyyyy, 89 marks of bull**** left

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bad8oy)
    Production of biodiesel from glycerol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Isnt it alcohol + fat goes to biodiesel and propan 123 triol looooool And this is unit 4 as well, not 5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revent)
    Unit 5 is definitely a lot tougher!
    I have a lot to look forward to then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Warlord)
    Unit 5 is synoptic. Incorporates previous units as well. And the less materical there is, the more they stretch is out over the chapters, so you need to know serious detail to do well.

Ugh. Reminds me of organic synthesis where they shoved everything together and now we have to put up with how the the hell they've randomly jumped from alcohol to like nitrile or whatever....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zeegie)
    Ugh. Reminds me of organic synthesis where they shoved everything together and now we have to put up with how the the hell they've randomly jumped from alcohol to like nitrile or whatever....
    Unit 5 is the epitome of synthesis. In edexcel anyway, you are expected to know just about any recation from before. And up to 5 reaction pathways too. Really tough. Redox is ok, t metals can be hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by warlord)
    unit 5 is the epitome of synthesis. In edexcel anyway, you are expected to know just about any recation from before. And up to 5 reaction pathways too. Really tough. Redox is ok, t metals can be hard.

ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.............. ................................ ......

ReputationRep:
    ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.............. ................................ ......
    For now, just concentrate on your aldehyde and ketone reactions What sort of mark do you think you can get in unit 4?

ReputationRep:
    For now, just concentrate on your aldehyde and ketone reactions What sort of mark do you think you can get in unit 4?
    Yeah I think I will lol....I hate it when they ask those questions on tests and distinguishing between two substances....I always seem to forget carboxylic acid...and I didn't even know what effervescence was until today.....we've never learnt that word at school!

Regardless....I've been getting 85+ in the past papers so far...but I'm going to do them all again before Monday...it's mainly the nmr where I'm losing marks...

ReputationRep:
    We're deaddddddddd we're all deaddddddddddd

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think I will lol....I hate it when they ask those questions on tests and distinguishing between two substances....I always seem to forget carboxylic acid...and I didn't even know what effervescence was until today.....we've never learnt that word at school!

Regardless....I've been getting 85+ in the past papers so far...but I'm going to do them all again before Monday...it's mainly the nmr where I'm losing marks...
    85%+? Thats good, very good. Lol zeegs, everyone knows effervescence
    yep, nmr is bloody annoying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maryb_101)
    We're deaddddddddd we're all deaddddddddddd

Hun, the apocalypse was meant to be like two weeks ago

What's up?

ReputationRep:
    85%+? Thats good, very good. Lol zeegs, everyone knows effervescence
    yep, nmr is bloody annoying.
    Hahaha thanks How's your revision going with it??

They do?? I was like....is it the fact that the substance will "glow" in solution??!

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha thanks How's your revision going with it??

They do?? I was like....is it the fact that the substance will "glow" in solution??!
    lmfao, glow
    Revision for unit 4 has been good. I have done all the papers, and know the correct answers for the ones I got wrong, so not really sure what to do now

ReputationRep:
    lmfao, glow
    Revision for unit 4 has been good. I have done all the papers, and know the correct answers for the ones I got wrong, so not really sure what to do now

procrazz on tsr ofc

Hey that's great to hear

ReputationRep:
    procrazz on tsr ofc

Hey that's great to hear
    lol thanks, but Im being serious,I dont actually know what to do now for unit 4 . I guess I will just read about.... I cant even think of a topic

ReputationRep:
    SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII TTTTTTTTTT..........my phone deleted alllll my songs ugh.....here we go agaaain.....

ReputationRep:
    Isnt it alcohol + fat goes to biodiesel and propan 123 triol looooool And this is unit 4 as well, not 5
    i was just testing are you doing unit 5 in jan??

ReputationRep:
    If I don't do well ima have a fat ugly wife.
    That's what's motivating me right now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YWArtist)
    If I don't do well ima have a fat ugly wife.
    That's what's motivating me right now.
    lmao, mate, grades=uni=money=fit wife isnt the right train of thought.
    Thats called a goldigger

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 4, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.