The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Maryb_101
Was Stuck on the same q for half an hour going mental...all because i read Silicon as Sulfur. Dammit.

Someone is going blind with all the revision :biggrin:
Original post by Revent
Oh I was just being sarcastic about it's difficulty :p:

I swear, I remember this question in Chem, it was MCQ and asked how scientific ideas are published with options like on the internet or via the news and stuff :rofl:

lol shutup, getting an A* is edexcel chemistry, or getting 90+ in unit 5 is some effort. You do actually need to revise properly to get tha in unit 5 lol. loool ok, so 1 mark q, yeyyyy, 89 marks of bull**** left :biggrin:
Original post by bad8oy
Production of biodiesel from glycerol :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Isnt it alcohol + fat goes to biodiesel and propan 123 triol looooool :tongue: And this is unit 4 as well, not 5 :biggrin:
Reply 1963
Original post by Revent
Unit 5 is definitely a lot tougher! :smile:

I have a lot to look forward to then.
Reply 1964
Original post by Warlord
Unit 5 is synoptic. Incorporates previous units as well. And the less materical there is, the more they stretch is out over the chapters, so you need to know serious detail to do well.

Ugh. Reminds me of organic synthesis where they shoved everything together and now we have to put up with how the the hell they've randomly jumped from alcohol to like nitrile or whatever....
Original post by Zeegie
Ugh. Reminds me of organic synthesis where they shoved everything together and now we have to put up with how the the hell they've randomly jumped from alcohol to like nitrile or whatever....

Unit 5 is the epitome of synthesis. In edexcel anyway, you are expected to know just about any recation from before. And up to 5 reaction pathways too. Really tough. Redox is ok, t metals can be hard.
Reply 1966
Original post by warlord
unit 5 is the epitome of synthesis. In edexcel anyway, you are expected to know just about any recation from before. And up to 5 reaction pathways too. Really tough. Redox is ok, t metals can be hard.

ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn....................................................
Original post by Zeegie
ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn....................................................

For now, just concentrate on your aldehyde and ketone reactions :tongue: What sort of mark do you think you can get in unit 4?
Reply 1968
Original post by Warlord
For now, just concentrate on your aldehyde and ketone reactions :tongue: What sort of mark do you think you can get in unit 4?

Yeah I think I will lol....I hate it when they ask those questions on tests and distinguishing between two substances....I always seem to forget carboxylic acid...and I didn't even know what effervescence was until today.....we've never learnt that word at school!

Regardless....I've been getting 85+ in the past papers so far...but I'm going to do them all again before Monday...it's mainly the nmr where I'm losing marks...
We're deaddddddddd we're all deaddddddddddd
Original post by Zeegie
Yeah I think I will lol....I hate it when they ask those questions on tests and distinguishing between two substances....I always seem to forget carboxylic acid...and I didn't even know what effervescence was until today.....we've never learnt that word at school!

Regardless....I've been getting 85+ in the past papers so far...but I'm going to do them all again before Monday...it's mainly the nmr where I'm losing marks...

85%+? Thats good, very good. Lol zeegs, everyone knows effervescence :smile:
yep, nmr is bloody annoying.
Reply 1971
Original post by Maryb_101
We're deaddddddddd we're all deaddddddddddd

Hun, the apocalypse was meant to be like two weeks ago :biggrin:

What's up?
Reply 1972
Original post by Warlord
85%+? Thats good, very good. Lol zeegs, everyone knows effervescence :smile:
yep, nmr is bloody annoying.

Hahaha thanks :smile: How's your revision going with it??

They do?? I was like....is it the fact that the substance will "glow" in solution??! :s-smilie:
Original post by Zeegie
Hahaha thanks :smile: How's your revision going with it??

They do?? I was like....is it the fact that the substance will "glow" in solution??! :s-smilie:

lmfao, glow :tongue:
Revision for unit 4 has been good. I have done all the papers, and know the correct answers for the ones I got wrong, so not really sure what to do now :s-smilie:
Reply 1974
Original post by Warlord
lmfao, glow :tongue:
Revision for unit 4 has been good. I have done all the papers, and know the correct answers for the ones I got wrong, so not really sure what to do now :s-smilie:

procrazz on tsr ofc :wink:

Hey that's great to hear :biggrin:
Original post by Zeegie
procrazz on tsr ofc :wink:

Hey that's great to hear :biggrin:

lol thanks, but Im being serious,I dont actually know what to do now for unit 4 :biggrin:. I guess I will just read about.... I cant even think of a topic :colondollar:
Reply 1976
SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTT..........my phone deleted alllll my songs :frown: ugh.....here we go agaaain.....
Reply 1977
Original post by Warlord
Isnt it alcohol + fat goes to biodiesel and propan 123 triol looooool :tongue: And this is unit 4 as well, not 5 :biggrin:

:tongue: i was just testing :biggrin: are you doing unit 5 in jan??
Reply 1978
If I don't do well ima have a fat ugly wife.
That's what's motivating me right now.
Original post by YWArtist
If I don't do well ima have a fat ugly wife.
That's what's motivating me right now.

lmao, mate, grades=uni=money=fit wife isnt the right train of thought.
Thats called a goldigger :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending