Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter


    I am trying to fill out the application form for the foundation course in art and design (Kingston and CSM). I am from Austria and our school system is completely differenent compared to the UK.
    There is one point on my application form where a reference has to be filled out.
    My question is who can be my referee? I am working now as a creative assistent for a newspaper but don't have a convenient education (old teachers can't fill out the form).
    Can a colleague at work talk about my recent work?

    I could not find further informations. How long has the reference be and which informations are important? Is a reference very important to them?

    Thank you for your answer!

    Best wishes,
    • PS Reviewer

    PS Reviewer
    The UCAS site has advice for who can write your reference. Getting one from employment is fine, but it needs to be done by a line manager or someone in a more senior role than you.

    There's information on what a reference should include here. The limit for a reference is the same as for your personal statement - either 47 lines or 4000 characters, whichever comes first.


students online now


Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.