Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

anyone know how much it is to sit 3 alevel exams as an external candidate? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    The amount you pay will be determined by your centre and may vary.

Your centre will charge a fee to cover their administration and the use of any of their facilities or services (such as hiring the exam hall, the cost of the invigilator and any teaching).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tha Realest)
    The amount you pay will be determined by your centre and may vary.

Your centre will charge a fee to cover their administration and the use of any of their facilities or services (such as hiring the exam hall, the cost of the invigilator and any teaching).

I don't need any teaching, I just want to turn up, sit the exams, say thanks and leave. Would it be in the region of £400? (on average)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polaritymolecule)
    I don't need any teaching, I just want to turn up, sit the exams, say thanks and leave. Would it be in the region of £400? (on average)
    do you mean 3 a level courses or 3 a level exam papers, it is dependent on the subjects and where you sit it, but it would cost less than 400 quid

ReputationRep:
    What subjects ? And have you decided which exam board ? Also is it a full 3 A-level qualification or just 3 exams ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tha Realest)
    What subjects ? And have you decided which exam board ? Also is it a full 3 A-level qualification or just 3 exams ?
    3 Maths modules which will leave me with an ASLevel in Maths. The exam board is CCEANI

ReputationRep:
    3 Maths modules which will leave me with an ASLevel in Maths. The exam board is CCEANI
    My school charges external candidates £50 each paper - Just find a school/exam centre and ask their price.

ReputationRep:
    My school charges £65 per paper.

Call up some of your local centres and ask how much it would be.

ReputationRep:
    ohh your irish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AkhiMohamed)
    ohh your irish.
    Yeap, don't judge me

ReputationRep:
    Yeap, don't judge me
    no, I wont , good luck and respect to you lmao:cool:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if this helps, but resits at the 6th form I went to were £20 each. This coverers the cost of the paper, admin and invigilators. Although I can imagine it being a bit more than this as there is extra admin with you not being on the schools system already.

This will vary though, I know of another 6th form where the price of resits varies depending on the paper.

Also, if you're the only one doing the exam it will be more. If other people at that 6th form are doing the same exam or others are on at the same time then the cost of invigilators etc will be shared as you only need 1 invigilator for so many candidates. But obviously if you're the only one, then you have to pay for that invigilator by yourself as a private candidate.

So it might be worth checking what exam board they use and going with the same. Although equivilent exams for different boards (ie unit 1 chemistry tends to be at the same time and day for every board) do tend to be at the same time, probably to decrease the number of clashes.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.