Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for uni for this year however I want To book a holiday. Do I still get October 2013 half term off?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HowardChloe)
    I've applied for uni for this year however I want To book a holiday. Do I still get October 2013 half term off?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, unis don't have half terms. Some unis will have a reading week halfway through the first semester, but you are normally set assignments during this week. I wouldn't advise missing any uni time either for a holiday.

ReputationRep:
    You might get a reading week, however mine so far have not been at normal half term time.

And you will probably be set lots of work for your reading week as well. If you are going to go on holiday, I would try to make it a last min holiday so you know what work you will have and what dates you will be off.

ReputationRep:
    Our university has one week 'off' for reading week in November, but depending on what course you do, you're likely to have coursework. I had 2 large essays to do, but I know some people will have had three or four. Also, unless there's something particularly special about the holiday, I wouldn't miss university for it, especially when you get so much time off anyway (I've had three weeks off for Christmas, I've got another two weeks for exams, where I've only got one exam, and then another two weeks off after that, and then nearly four months off in the Summer )

ReputationRep:
    It was only a holiday to relax in the sun for a week. I will be studying early years or educational studies depending on which uni I go to.

But it can wait I guess thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.