Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How can I keep my knees warm when jogging? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, happy new and stuff.

Do you have any advice on keeping the knee warm whilst jogging? I wear tights which keep me warm enough but with my rheumatism I have to keep my knee/joints super warm for extra blood flow. After a blank December, I've started to run again, I did 5k on the 2nd to test the water and then a 7 k just now. And my right knee is aching so much bending takes a hell of an effort.

Someone recommended I cycle for a while to strengthen my knee, which is what I did throughout the month of December, it hasn't worked though.

Any help much appreciated.
    Thanks
    iPoop

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)
    Hi guys, happy new and stuff.

Do you have any advice on keeping the knee warm whilst jogging? I wear tights which keep me warm enough but with my rheumatism I have to keep my knee/joints super warm for extra blood flow. After a blank December, I've started to run again, I did 5k on the 2nd to test the water and then a 7 k just now. And my right knee is aching so much bending takes a hell of an effort.

Someone recommended I cycle for a while to strengthen my knee, which is what I did throughout the month of December, it hasn't worked though.

Any help much appreciated.
    Thanks
    iPoop
    Knee sleeves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowsforsale)
    Knee sleeves.
    Thanks, I'll look into this.

Just a quick question, I wear tights to run so, wearing Lycra on top of Lycra is kind of stupid.
    Are the carbon ones effective for blood flow or is it more a support thing? Would this or something similar be a good purchase?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.physioroom.com/product/We...111/39213.html
    Will probably do fine. I am sure you can find something cheaper in a local pharmacy. It doesn't need to be amazing and neoprene over lyrcra is actually a reasonably good idea. The tights are unlikely to give the slight compression/warmth you need/want over your knees. Two layers will perform better than one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Blind Monk)
    http://www.physioroom.com/product/We...111/39213.html
    Will probably do fine. I am sure you can find something cheaper in a local pharmacy. It doesn't need to be amazing and neoprene over lyrcra is actually a reasonably good idea. The tights are unlikely to give the slight compression/warmth you need/want over your knees. Two layers will perform better than one.
    They can be found in pharmacies? :shock: I'll have a look tomorrow. Thanks. I think my most obvious question has to be, will they stay on my knee throughout my exercises? Do they normally slide down? Or is that depending on the quality of the product?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know much about it so I assume tight bottoms are helpful for jogging in some way - you could wear trackies on top?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 5, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.