Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

friends with ex boyfriend/best friend? Watch

ReputationRep:
    After 1 year my ex and I decided to 'postpone' our relationship until the circumstances were better, but he then said that it was over for good. I made peace with it and I think I'm over him. However, he still wants us to be best friends. I find it hard to trust him and to talk to him after he hurt me (things happened......) but I still love him as a person.

Every time we talk we end up arguing about stupid things... I'm afraid of losing the best friend I've ever had but I'm tired of fighting. I don't know whether I should keep trying to keep our friendship going or let go.

help?

ReputationRep:
    If you're fighting all the time, there's clearly some still unresolved feelings on either one of your sides. What do you argue about? You shouldn't keep your ex in your life because you're scared of being alone, trust me, I've been there.

ReputationRep:
    Give each other some space then come back and try talk things over then hopefully you can both move forward!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    why do people put themselves through this kinda thing...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattyJo)
    If you're fighting all the time, there's clearly some still unresolved feelings on either one of your sides. What do you argue about? You shouldn't keep your ex in your life because you're scared of being alone, trust me, I've been there.
    Mostly we argue when I say something and he doesn't particularly like it... Like when he has to go and I reply with a simple "okay".. he says I'm being "off" with him and that he is tired of trying to be nice to me. Then in the same breath he says he loves me and can't feel anything since we broke up...?

I also have some health problems and he get upset when I don't want to speak to a doctor about it..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizo.komz)
    Give each other some space then come back and try talk things over then hopefully you can both move forward!

tried that.. it made everything worse.

ReputationRep:
    Why would you want to be friends with your ex? **** the friendship, break it off and cut him out.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh this sounds familiar.

Spoiler:
    Show
    It doesn't work out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Welz143)
    Mostly we argue when I say something and he doesn't particularly like it... Like when he has to go and I reply with a simple "okay".. he says I'm being "off" with him and that he is tired of trying to be nice to me. Then in the same breath he says he loves me and can't feel anything since we broke up...?

I also have some health problems and he get upset when I don't want to speak to a doctor about it..
    If it upsets you just block him. And you should get doctors attention for your health problem if its serious. Good luck.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 4, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.