The Student Room Group

Urgent Resit Info Needed!!!

Hey, I'm resitting some exams in January, however I didn't get a letter stating when these exams will take place (a mix-up happened so I didn't get it). I'm resitting an AS course. I have checked the exam board's timetable and found out the date for that AS exam, but will my resit take place on the same day as everyone else's AS exam?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by rathernotsay
Hey, I'm resitting some exams in January, however I didn't get a letter stating when these exams will take place (a mix-up happened so I didn't get it). I'm resitting an AS course. I have checked the exam board's timetable and found out the date for that AS exam, but will my resit take place on the same day as everyone else's AS exam?
For history it varies depending on what unit you are doing, for other subjects like maths there is a set date eg edexcel c1 14th, for internationals later that day. I'm sure by the time you get back you can quickly get a letter from your exams officer at the school (if you have one).
Reply 2
Original post by Robbie242
For history it varies depending on what unit you are doing, for other subjects like maths there is a set date eg edexcel c1 14th, for internationals later that day. I'm sure by the time you get back you can quickly get a letter from your exams officer at the school (if you have one).

On the last day of term, my teacher said something like "we will revise in the morning and do the exam in the afternoon" I dont know whether she was talking to the students about her subject or another one. I've checked on the official exam timetables for the dates of the AS for the AS students, but what I want to know is whether or not A2 students resitting AS do the exams at the same time as other AS students. Thanks
Reply 3
On the last day of term, my teacher said something like "we will revise in the morning and do the exam in the afternoon" I dont know whether she was talking to the students about her subject or another one. I've checked on the official exam timetables for the dates of the AS for the AS students, but what I want to know is whether or not A2 students resitting AS do the exams at the same time as other AS students. Thanks
Yes, Otherwise the AS students could clearly tell the A2 students what came up, both examination series are at the same time. Some schools organised AS resits for summer of A2, but I'm sure yours is in January as it's the last January.

So student A fails economics AS level, resits at A2 is doing the exact same exam I'll be doing in 11days. Hope that helped.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
Yes, Otherwise the AS students could clearly tell the A2 students what came up, both examination series are at the same time. Some schools organised AS resits for summer of A2, but I'm sure yours is in January as it's the last January.

So student A fails economics AS level, resits at A2 is doing the exact same exam I'll be doing in 8days. Hope that helped.

Yes it has helped a lot, although now my exams are all within 7 days :s-smilie:. So I should just follow the timetables that are posted online? I'll probably phone my college up on monday just to make sure, but thanks.
Reply 5
Yes it has helped a lot, although now my exams are all within 7 days :s-smilie:. So I should just follow the timetables that are posted online? I'll probably phone my college up on monday just to make sure, but thanks.
Yeah best do that to be certain, what exams are you sitting. I'm first time round y12 doing c1, Markets in Action and History unit 1 in 1-2weeks :smile:
Reply 6
Yeah best do that to be certain, what exams are you sitting. I'm first time round y12 doing c1, Markets in Action and History unit 1 in 1-2weeks :smile:

I'm resitting two exams, one in maths and the other in accounting. Both c1 exams and they are both taking place close to the end of the month, hopefully giving me more time to revise than others.
Reply 7
I'm resitting two exams, one in maths and the other in accounting. Both c1 exams and they are both taking place close to the end of the month, hopefully giving me more time to revise than others.
Ah lucky you! I'm sure you'll be fine if you keep revising for the next few weeks. I've got 14th c1 exam, day afterwards economics :s-smilie: Trying to balance the two at the moment is good preparation for the 7 I have to balance in summer lol :redface:
Reply 8
Ah lucky you! I'm sure you'll be fine if you keep revising for the next few weeks. I've got 14th c1 exam, day afterwards economics :s-smilie: Trying to balance the two at the moment is good preparation for the 7 I have to balance in summer lol :redface:

wow 7 in the summer? I could never do that haha. Good luck to you, hope you get the results you need. I best get off this and finish up some work, thanks for all your help :smile:
Reply 9
wow 7 in the summer? I could never do that haha. Good luck to you, hope you get the results you need. I best get off this and finish up some work, thanks for all your help :smile:
No problem! You too and best of luck :biggrin:
Reply 10

So student A fails economics AS level, resits at A2 is doing the exact same exam I'll be doing in 8days. Hope that helped.

11 days*
Reply 11
Original post by UKBrah
11 days*
pssh specifics are overrated
Reply 12
pssh specifics are overrated

..?
Reply 13
Original post by UKBrah
..?
(covering up for my mistake)
Reply 14
(covering up for my mistake)

Oh haha.
Dead scared of economics atm :colonhash:
Reply 15
Original post by UKBrah
Oh haha.
Dead scared of economics atm :colonhash:
It's quite hard but not terribly hard! I got D in my mock 3months ago now scoring on the first section 39/42, 40/42,41/42 never 42 though, elasticity lol.
Reply 16
It's quite hard but not terribly hard! I got D in my mock 3months ago now scoring on the first section 39/42, 40/42,41/42 never 42 though, elasticity lol.

I was getting C/Ds doing **** all, then high Bs doing good practice.
I'm gonna go crazy with section A which is 32 marks, but Im scared of section B man.
Reply 17
Original post by UKBrah
I was getting C/Ds doing **** all, then high Bs doing good practice.
I'm gonna go crazy with section A which is 32 marks, but Im scared of section B man.
The market failure section?/essay and market failure q before that? I've got all my notes securely together now, and you don't even need to multitude of notes I've made haha :/ but yeah just keep revising, I do a past paper every 2days, a day inbetween to revise... It works very effectively.
Reply 18
The market failure section?/essay and market failure q before that? I've got all my notes securely together now, and you don't even need to multitude of notes I've made haha :/ but yeah just keep revising, I do a past paper every 2days, a day inbetween to revise... It works very effectively.

I do edexcel so it's a tad different. Market failure is sexy... actually I dunno what I'm scared of. I haven't done many papers tbh need to do them though! I hear that you don't need to do many papers for unit 1 economics. Also helps to memorize the scheme.

When yo going ham on FP1?
Reply 19
Original post by UKBrah
I do edexcel so it's a tad different. Market failure is sexy... actually I dunno what I'm scared of. I haven't done many papers tbh need to do them though! I hear that you don't need to do many papers for unit 1 economics. Also helps to memorize the scheme.

When yo going ham on FP1?
By ham on you mean finish, I've got matrices and Proof by induction to cover then I'm done, so by February I should be done with FP1 (basics) then after february S2 (basics) then after march M1 (basics) and then I'll practice them all extremely hard.
With only 3 exams in Jan I can't help feeling like I've got a lot of free time on my hands.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending