Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

So i have this question,

"Assess the effectiveness of the measures designed to increase participation such as electoral reform and greater use of referendums" (30 Marks)

I really do not understand this, could any shed some light with what my teacher wants?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeorgePux)
    Hey,

So i have this question,

"Assess the effectiveness of the measures designed to increase participation such as electoral reform and greater use of referendums" (30 Marks)

I really do not understand this, could any shed some light with what my teacher wants?
    For this type of question what I would do would be first to introduce why we need to increase participation such as the more chances people have to be involved in political processes the more likely they are to vote in big elections? Feel that the true meaning of democracy, 'demos' - people and 'kratas' - power is being put into action in the truest sense of the word.
    Then I would go on to talk about the different methods in turn used to increase political participation talking about how it can be seen to increase political participation and in what ways it won't be that effective.
    Then I would come to a conclusion about which of those methods you perceive to be the most effective, possibly ranking them from least effective to most effective based on analysis you've given in the main body of your essay.
    Hope that helps, sorry if that wasn't very clear.

ReputationRep:
    What level are you at?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.