Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm considering applying to be on my college ball committee, probably for a role as sponsorship dude. I was wondering if anyone had advice/wisdom/horrified warnings on the topic? An idea of how much time commitment it'd likely be would be good too, if anyone has an idea.

Thanks.

I haven't, but know plenty of people who have.

Mansfield just had it's ball, and meetings were usually for about an hour every week I believe.

Advice - get the sponsorship in as soon as possible. The rest of the committee relies on you to guarantee a source of funding to help them estimate their budget. Write a well-presented sponsorship proposal in PDF format and send it to the relevant people in companies where possible (if you have any contacts, even better).

Warnings - don't buy oysters!

Uth

ReputationRep:
      I'm President of this year's committee at Exeter.

You'll have to attend a meeting each week, probably. Depending on how they're run, that's going to take about one to two hours. As committee positions go, sponsorship's not the most demanding. Essentially you're making the same or similar pitches to businesses each time, whereas if you're doing Entz, say, then you're constantly juggling logistics, having to plan arrival/departure schedules, etc.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by uthred50)
      I haven't, but know plenty of people who have.
      (Original post by Bax-man)
      I'm President of this year's committee at Exeter.
      Thanks both; if anyone runs across this I am now sponsorship dude for Merton's winter ball (obligatory plugs everywhere). No chance of shellfish, don't worry, and hopefully I'll wrangle some money out of someone soon.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.