Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    basically in my shameful youth i hung round with wrong crowd and basically ended up with a theft reprimand and assault final warning. i gor told by my YOT officer i will never need declare this.

i am totally regretful and i want to build my career up in care. ive been given the most fantastic opportunity to become a care apprentice and only till recently i found out even all spent cautions/warnings come up now. i will look dishonest but it was a genuine honest misled misunderstanding.

i have declared NO on my application form as i was told i would not having anything on my record (asking at the age of 15 as i knew i wanted a career in care since young) everyone knows how much of a nice person i am and would bend over backward for anyone the final warning doesnt show how much of a nice person i really am and now im getting myself down as i want this job badly. do i give up or keep fighting?

ReputationRep:
    Call them and tell them you made a mistake on your application? That you were told at the time that it wouldn't count but after doing a bit of research you've realized you were given the wrong information, that it was an innocent mistake not putting it down and you would be happy to answer any questions they have in connection to it.

Always fight for what you want!

ReputationRep:
    thats what i mean i am fighting and reading articles and im getting mixed reactions from it.

i hope i get the apprenticeship as ive always wanted to be involved in care.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by koalaface123)
    thats what i mean i am fighting and reading articles and im getting mixed reactions from it.

i hope i get the apprenticeship as ive always wanted to be involved in care.
    In that case you need to call someone who knows for sure. Surely there's a service that'll help? Do a google

ReputationRep:
    ive rang CQC, citzens advice and they have said different things hence i came on here to seek advice from people in similar situations

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Apprenticeship zone:

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Zone

All you need to know about higher and degree apprenticeships.

GIGF logo

Meet the apprentices

Read these case studies from real apprentices to hear the truth about what it's like!

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Vacancies

Find the latest higher and degree apprenticeship opportunities.

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick links:

Unanswered apprenticeships and alternatives to university threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.