Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Oh god. The most I have sailed is a duck in my bath, inner city poor kid here! How on earth will I manage at Cambridge!
    Seriously though, can't wait to join debating and political societies. Maybe kayaking, as at kings they have a club. Slightly worried about being the poorest student and not being able to join in with what others are doing......anyone else on a tight budget ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noonoo)
    Oh god. The most I have sailed is a duck in my bath, inner city poor kid here! How on earth will I manage at Cambridge!
    Seriously though, can't wait to join debating and political societies. Maybe kayaking, as at kings they have a club. Slightly worried about being the poorest student and not being able to join in with what others are doing......anyone else on a tight budget ?
    There'll be loads of people on a tight budget, and I read that Kings is 90% state-school (considerably more than average), so you shouldn't be alone. Even most rich/well-off people don't sail or ride horses
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bananarama2)
    I actually sold my boat because I couldn't get down to the club often enough and to be honest I didn't sail competitively. I out grew my topper obv. and sailed my Dads comet. (Clearly I was sailing in the lap of luxury with an RS :lol:) I enjoyed it though.
    That's a shame, I don't think I could ever give up sailing! I do lots of competitions, love them

ReputationRep:
    You'll be fine I too have a tight budget!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caitlin_dj)
    Hi I'm for HSPS at Trinity What days were you there for interview maybe we bumped into each other?
    heyy, finally someone from trinity! i was there on the fifth, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge is one of the cheapest Unis to attend!

ReputationRep:
    Hiya everyone, congrats on getting offers Anyone else got an offer for BioNatSci at Catz?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BibbyDuck)
    Yay! I have finally found another Caius medic I wasnt expecting an offer either to be honest, I was so shocked when i read 'offer' on my letter
    I'm a Caius medic too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karima95)
    heyy, finally someone from trinity! i was there on the fifth, what about you?
    I was there on the 3rd and 4th in the upstairs JCR most of the afternoon on the 4th if I saw you I know the Trinity College thread is kinda crap nobody is on it

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crushy10)
    I'm a Caius medic too
    So that makes three of us then now to find the other Caius medics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caitlin_dj)
    I was there on the 3rd and 4th in the upstairs JCR most of the afternoon on the 4th if I saw you I know the Trinity College thread is kinda crap nobody is on it

Edit: Never mind, found it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sewm47)
    Hi I'm a bio natsci (corpus) what courses do you think you'd like to do?
    Biology of cells, physiology of organisms, mathematical biology and maybe chemistry - not sure about the last one. How about you ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Incorrect.)
    Where's the Trinity thread?
    Here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1852545

Economics right?

ReputationRep:
    any other physnatsci at caius out theree???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Incorrect.)
    Cambridge is one of the cheapest Unis to attend!
    In what sense? Good news though!

ReputationRep:
    Any more kings HSPS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n.confused)
    Whoa, those are really tough insurances. May I am what subject have you applied for? Sorry if you've posted than on here!
    Mathematics, where the Cambridge offer is typically between A*AA and A*A*A with two grade 1s in STEP II/III. Technically the Warwick offer has some STEP/AEA conditions too, but an effort last year exempts me.

ReputationRep:
    Its so easy to meet the grade conditions and fail the STEP, ive seen it happen and its heartbreaking for those involved.

My offer i guess is pretty easy by Cambridge standards, being 'just' A*AA

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else have a moment this morning when they woke up and just smiled and thought 'heh, i have an offer from Cambridge '

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else get an offer of A*A*A*? I think I somewhat expected a high offer (if any at all) considering how terribly the second half of my interview went.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.