Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    cunning linguists no I don't know any sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n.confused)
    What course, which college is your offer for?

7 offers last year and only 4 this year - slightly odd
    Sorry for late reply :P
    My offer is Land Economy, St John's college, how about you?

ReputationRep:
    Got my first exam (French Oral, ****ting bricks) tomorrow so will in theory be leaving TSR for a while to focus on big scary A levels :O (Although in practice it is likely I will continue lurking )

So, just wanted to say a massive good luck to everyone with these exams, and I know for me, the Cam offer was completely unexpected and is proving fantastic motivation to revise. You guys helped me so much through the application process and I sincerely hope we can all make our offers and head to Cambridge in October.

Good luck everybody!!
    (Was gonna say love you and then realised that would have been really quite weird )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caitlin_dj)
    Got my first exam (French Oral, ****ting bricks) tomorrow so will in theory be leaving TSR for a while to focus on big scary A levels :O (Although in practice it is likely I will continue lurking )

So, just wanted to say a massive good luck to everyone with these exams, and I know for me, the Cam offer was completely unexpected and is proving fantastic motivation to revise. You guys helped me so much through the application process and I sincerely hope we can all make our offers and head to Cambridge in October.

Good luck everybody!!
    (Was gonna say love you and then realised that would have been really quite weird )
    And good luck to you too.

ReputationRep:
    HI!!

I've been watching this thread for a while, but I never had an account at the the time. (hence the name tehe)

I have a deferred offer for 2014 entry (because of my age) at King's College to do HSPS. .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emmav123)
    Does anyone here not do A levels? I'd love to know what you think about the difficulty of your offer doing a different against some of the A level offers! I do the IB btw :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have an offer to read HSPS from Wolfson and I'm studying an access course rather than A-levels. It's not easy! It's a 60 unit course and they have asked for 60 distinctions...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by St. Brynjar)
    Just found out Trinity College owns the O2 Arena and half of Tesco, that's crazyy!
    *Disbelieves*

*Googles*

Sure enough: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity...llege_finances

Holy ****. Wikipedia says so too.

ReputationRep:
    Just found out Trinity College owns the O2 Arena and half of Tesco, that's crazyy!
    (Original post by FO12DY)
    *Disbelieves*

*Googles*

Sure enough: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity...llege_finances

Holy ****. Wikipedia says so too.

Technically it's a 50% stake in only a subset of all Tesco stores. But still, the finance is strong with this one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gabriejike)
    Sorry for late reply :P
    My offer is Land Economy, St John's college, how about you?
    Haha that's okay.

Economics at Clare

ReputationRep:
    I don't suppose there's anyone else here with a deferred offer at King's to read HSPS?

Or King's HSPS at all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukdragon37)
    Technically it's a 50% stake in only a subset of all Tesco stores. But still, the finance is strong with this one.
    :sigh: Only the compscis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bellatrixb)
    Bio NatSci for Magdalene!
    What options are you thinking of choosing in the tripos?

ReputationRep:
    Trinity only owns the land of O2 Arena

ReputationRep:
    i take it you got into trinity to? what course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karan_g)
    i take it you got into trinity to? what course?
    As a matter of fact I didn't, I'm your next door neighbour, Trinity Hall to study Geography. I was just geekishly looking at the colleges on wikipedia and stumbled upon this gem

ReputationRep:
    As a matter of fact I didn't, I'm your next door neighbour, Trinity Hall to study Geography. I was just geekishly looking at the colleges on wikipedia and stumbled upon this gem
    *too.. haha well cambridge is cambridge regardless of the college.. so where are you from? sorry i figure this might be wierd but feel i got too much psych :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karan_g)
    *too.. haha well cambridge is cambridge regardless of the college.. so where are you from? sorry i figure this might be wierd but feel i got too much psych :P
    You have a PM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caitlin_dj)
    Trinity said somewhere on their website that we would be sent an accommodation form sometime in April... I take it nobody has this yet?

Tbh I am fighting the niggling feeling that they have forgotten about me, or that the offer was world's cruelest practical joke :confused:

I feel like the neediest applicant ever, WHY WON'T YOU TALK TO ME TRINITY ?????
    haha overly attatched much? :P well if it eases your nerves, i haven't got my letter either though i remembber reading we get them some time in june..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bananarama2)
    :sigh: Only the compscis.
    What's wrong with "subset"? That's common-enough English AFAIK

Also OMG WAH WTF happened to TSR? It's like it's been drawn in crayon by a three-year-old.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukdragon37)
    What's wrong with "subset"? That's common-enough English AFAIK

Also OMG WAH WTF happened to TSR? It's like it's been drawn in crayon by a three-year-old.
    I guess they'd rather read "technically they only own a bit of some of the stores".. :rolleyes:

Caught me out - thought something crazy had happened with my graphics settings.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.