Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord of the Flies)
    That's part of the plan. :sexface:
    Yes, but you're conveniently skipping the fact that it's your plan for Shadrin, not any of the female lecturers...

ReputationRep:
    That's part of the plan. :sexface:
    I've actually been going out with a Parisian wingman for the last few weeks - been trying the accent myself too
    Voulez vous coucher avec moi?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJMayes)
    Yes, but you're conveniently skipping the fact that it's your plan for Shadrin's daughter, not any of the female lecturers...
    He will give us collaborative assignments. The first will be entitled: hot bodies & frictional dynamics :sexface:

(Original post by I am Ace)
    Voulez vous coucher avec moi?
    Which of course means, "would you like to sit on the couch with me"? I suggest you try it when you visit Paris.

ReputationRep:
    He will give us collaborative assignments. The first will be entitled: hot bodies & frictional dynamics :sexface:
    Well, my vector field just got tensor...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emmav123)
    I finished English today too! I also finished human rights this week. My offer is 40 with 7,7,6 at HL. Mine are English history and biology. How are you feeling about it?
    English didn't go as well as I'd hoped, since it's my one of my strongest subjects, but at least it wasn't horrible (I think). I guess we'll see in July. As for everything else, I'm completely unprepared >_< How're you?

Also, which course/college did you apply for? Mine's Education/English at Queens'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rushtail)
    English didn't go as well as I'd hoped, since it's my one of my strongest subjects, but at least it wasn't horrible (I think). I guess we'll see in July. As for everything else, I'm completely unprepared >_< How're you?

Also, which course/college did you apply for? Mine's Education/English at Queens'.
    English was so so for me. For paper 1 did you do the poem or prose? You're in the UK right?? :-) I'm trying to get ready for the rest of them now!
    I applied for law at Clare :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well, my vector field just got tensor...
    Oh I do love mathematical puns :cool: Even if they are the first sine of madness...

ReputationRep:
    For the mathematicians: Do you know what week we start at Cambridge?
    I read that we start before freshers, for 'Geek Week', where we'll have quite an intense timetable. I'm guessing it'll be an A-level review, and for those with limited further maths teaching, so that university level lectures can start straight away when term starts.

Actually, a question for anyone: When is freshers week?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Georgie)
    I read that we start before freshers, for 'Geek Week', where we'll have quite an intense timetable. I'm guessing it'll be an A-level review, and for those with limited further maths teaching, so that university level lectures can start straight away when term starts.

I'm a Downing college offer holder for Economics and they emailed me saying that we should arrive on the 5th of October, so I'm guessing freshers is then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hebbamundo)
    I'm a Downing college offer holder for Economics and they emailed me saying that we should arrive on the 5th of October, so I'm guessing freshers is then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh, cool
    I thought it'd be earlier than that - more summer to fill...

Oh, cool
      I thought it'd be earlier than that - more summer to fill...
      Some colleges do a geek week - for example, Tit Hall do for mathmos and natscis (engineers too perhaps?) whereas King's do not, and we all head down on the Saturday for fun times.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Oromis263)
      Some colleges do a geek week - for example, Tit Hall do for mathmos and natscis (engineers too perhaps?) whereas King's do not, and we all head down on the Saturday for fun times.
      Oh right, that's a bit strange!
      Why would only some do it? Would everyone not be on a different level as a consequence?

ReputationRep:

Where have you read this?

ReputationRep:
      Where have you read this?
      Someone told me about it so I searched for it on girton's website, then made the false assumption that it applied to everyone doing certain more 'geeky' subjects. Proof by contradiction :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Emmav123)
      English was so so for me. For paper 1 did you do the poem or prose? You're in the UK right?? :-) I'm trying to get ready for the rest of them now!
      I applied for law at Clare :-)
      I'm in Singapore I take (took?) English Lang & Lit so we got a different paper. Good luck with History tomorrow!

Oh right, that's a bit strange!
        Why would only some do it? Would everyone not be on a different level as a consequence?
        Some colleges like to get a little headstart. For the natscis it is a chance for them to finalise their module choices I believe I recall something along the lines of 'tasters' in each, or something like that.

I don't think people will be advantaged that much by it - it will give them an extra week to settle in and prepare themselves I guess, before the rest of the freshers arrive and term begins.

ReputationRep:
        Hi everyone! I have an conditional offer for HSPS, and I have a question to students who are at at Cambridge

My exams began last week, and unfortunately (as time would have it), I found out the day before my first exam, that a family member had cancer and may not have long to live. Naturally it caused a lot of anxiety - however i don't think it impacted how I did on my exam (i hope it didn't at least) - but my question is:

should I write to the tutor and tell him my situation?. I don't want it to come off as an excuse for anything. I really need advice quick so I can get my school to notify them or do it my self. If anyone knows anything about situations like this then please let me know!

thank you so much

(Original post by Authanex)
          Hi everyone! I have an conditional offer for HSPS, and I have a question to students who are at at Cambridge

My exams began last week, and unfortunately (as time would have it), I found out the day before my first exam, that a family member had cancer and may not have long to live. Naturally it caused a lot of anxiety - however i don't think it impacted how I did on my exam (i hope it didn't at least) - but my question is:

should I write to the tutor and tell him my situation?. I don't want it to come off as an excuse for anything. I really need advice quick so I can get my school to notify them or do it my self. If anyone knows anything about situations like this then please let me know!

thank you so much
          That is something you should contact your exam board about. Mitigating circumstances like that can then be factored in when giving you your final result.

ReputationRep:
          Hey everyone. I just found the page and i was wondering if there is a stalking page for courses and colleges. I'd love to meet people in my college and course!

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by Oromis263)
          Some colleges like to get a little headstart. For the natscis it is a chance for them to finalise their module choices I believe I recall something along the lines of 'tasters' in each, or something like that.

I don't think people will be advantaged that much by it - it will give them an extra week to settle in and prepare themselves I guess, before the rest of the freshers arrive and term begins.

Someone told me about it so I searched for it on girton's website, then made the false assumption that it applied to everyone doing certain more 'geeky' subjects. Proof by contradiction :rolleyes:
          Don't suppose anyone has any idea whether or not this will apply to Pembroke NatScis? There's no mention of arriving earlier than the 5th in our spring mailing and I haven't seen it on the Pembroke website... But they don't have much on there for offer holders anyway... :rolleyes:

It actually sounds like a really good idea But as it's the first I've heard of it then I guess I'm probably not involved... Thoughts on trying to get in by impersonating a mathmo?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
        Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
        Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.