Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jkn)
    Pussssssyyyy! :lol: South court literally is the bar :lol::lol:

Hmm, I'm going to imagine that's because we are (virtually) the only ones with offers to meet

And there you are smug! All you have is a-levels :ninja: ...and Physics is one of the easiest :ninja:

Or have you somehow managed to do it early? I wanted to start it in year 10 or 11 but they wouldn't let me because I had to be with the class to do the GCSE practicals and I couldn't do it all just last year because of not being able to do the A-Level practicals at the same time... and all they are is ten minutes of the teacher reading the mark scheme (in his own words) aloud in front of the class and then we've got an hour to write it up (by which time everyones most likely already made it home they finished so quickly!) The worst thing thing has to have been January's "Newtonian World" module whose classes I had to attend even though I was deep in STEP-III mechanics questions and had already read M4 and M5! Not to mention I had done M3 a year earlier (which is the same syllabus!) :eek:

You seem a complete physics tank so I can't imagine what experience you've had with the a-level? :lol: What mark do you need in the final exam to meet your offer btw? (mine's 21% )
    I know, I don't drink that much and I'm happy to live in either court tbh. It would be nice to see the bathrooms in north court though

I think everyone is panicking a bit to be honest.

I don't tend to do amazingly in A-level physics. For the board we are on it's largely consists of memorising mark schemes which often have different answers for the same question for different years. We do EMPAs rather than ISAs which means it's externally marked and the teacher doesn't see the markscheme. So they can be pretty obscure sometimes.

It's impossible for me to say because we haven't had the mark for the last practical exam, I suspect it's around the same if not slightly lower. The module we're doing at the minute has the famous experiments like Milikan's experient and also special relativity in it. So it's fairly wordy

Hopefully Thursday nights have no special importance, as I've got myself a ticket to see Deaf Havana in October at the Cambridge Corn Exchange. Even more to look forward to now!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by bananarama2)
      I know, I don't drink that much and I'm happy to live in either court tbh. It would be nice to see the bathrooms in north court though

I think everyone is panicking a bit to be honest.

I don't tend to do amazingly in A-level physics. For the board we are on it's largely consists of memorising mark schemes which often have different answers for the same question for different years. We do EMPAs rather than ISAs which means it's externally marked and the teacher doesn't see the markscheme. So they can be pretty obscure sometimes.

It's impossible for me to say because we haven't had the mark for the last practical exam, I suspect it's around the same if not slightly lower. The module we're doing at the minute has the famous experiments like Milikan's experient and also special relativity in it. So it's fairly wordy
      You say that no, but you'll come around :lol:

That sounds sickish, my exam board is the same, I tend to just put **** loads and hope for the best!

At least you actually get to learn how to do experiments and crap (not that I would have wanted to myself )

That sounds like some mad material! All we've got on OCR atm is 4 chapters on medical physics and its applications and then memorising properties of things like laptops and hadrons all the up to stars without giving thought to where anything comes from (I literally see no point in doing that though I swear everyone else is my class is simply happy for the teacher to say something is!)

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Jkn)
      You say that no, but you'll come around :lol:

That sounds sickish, my exam board is the same, I tend to just put **** loads and hope for the best!

At least you actually get to learn how to do experiments and crap (not that I would have wanted to myself )

That sounds like some mad material! All we've got on OCR atm is 4 chapters on medical physics and its applications and then memorising properties of things like laptops and hadrons all the up to stars without giving thought to where anything comes from (I literally see no point in doing that though I swear everyone else is my class is simply happy for the teacher to say something is!)
      Probably

That's what we do

I personally don't need a Cambridge education to crap

We did the "laptops" and hadrons in unit one. We don't do the stars or medical physics though.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Oromis263)
      Hopefully Thursday nights have no special importance, as I've got myself a ticket to see Deaf Havana in October at the Cambridge Corn Exchange. Even more to look forward to now!
      Thursday night is Lola's night so definitely no REAL importance, but a regular highlight in my Michaelmas term

(Original post by wibletg)
        Thursday night is Lola's night so definitely no REAL importance, but a regular highlight in my Michaelmas term
        DH > Lola's to be honest. + can always rock up to Lola's after the gig, It won't be majorly late.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Noonoo)
        Whilst I hate to hear others in pain too, its somewhat reassuring too! This whole process is tortuous! I found the interview day so so difficult! Heh ho....what will be will be!

We had to write what uni we hoped to go to in our leavers book - I will possibly be always known as the one who DIDN'T get to Cambridge!
        I know what you mean! Everyone in my college knows about Cambridge and will be hounding me on results day :-( not looking forward to it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Oromis263)
        DH > Lola's to be honest. + can always rock up to Lola's after the gig, It won't be majorly late.
        Yeah - it's never busy in there until midnight anyway

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by bananarama2)
        Probably

That's what we do

I personally don't need a Cambridge education to crap

We did the "laptops" and hadrons in unit one. We don't do the stars or medical physics though.
        :facepalm: Always re-read what you type, lesson learnt

One week of learning, mostly concentrated in the last 3 days - bring it on Geology. Bring it on.

ReputationRep:
          can't wait for summer... time's so slow. I feel its about time to start experiencing a fresher's life ... now ? Good luck for those having exams!

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by cawcarrot)
          can't wait for summer... time's so slow. I feel its about time to start experiencing a fresher's life ... now ? Good luck for those having exams!
          Haha, agreed. Which college are you going to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
          • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
          I'm feeling left out of the stalking page. Does someone mind adding me (technology and I have never fully got along).
          A*AA offer for HSPS at Christ's. Predicted A*A*AA.
          Thank ye kindly.

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by Grauniad)
          I'm feeling left out of the stalking page. Does someone mind adding me (technology and I have never fully got along).
          A*AA offer for HSPS at Christ's. Predicted A*A*AA.
          Thank ye kindly.
          There you go, all done.
          • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by SpecialKaye)
          There you go, all done.
          Cheers! I tried it once, but my laptop crashed. I kinda took that as a bad omen.

ReputationRep:
          Cheers! I tried it once, but my laptop crashed. I kinda took that as a bad omen.
          Nice.

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by Noonoo)
          We had to write what uni we hoped to go to in our leavers book - I will possibly be always known as the one who DIDN'T get to Cambridge!
          I'm already regretting letting people know about my offer, and am trying to think of how to get out of informing them that I almost but didn't quite get into Cambridge... of course I won't know for sure until results day but after how horribly my exams went I should be prepared for the worst :P
          • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
          Just out of interest, what societies are people thinking of joining? There's a wealth of fairly interesting ones out there (I'm looking at you, Massage Society)
          http://www.societies.cam.ac.uk/

ReputationRep:
          Just out of interest, what societies are people thinking of joining? There's a wealth of fairly interesting ones out there (I'm looking at you, Massage Society)
          http://www.societies.cam.ac.uk/
          The Archimedeans interest me but that's about it.
          • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by DJMayes)
          The Archimedeans interest me but that's about it.
          Are they the maths chaps?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
        Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
        Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.