You can come and visit Cambridge sometime if you wish :wink:

Yeah I will :frown:
Original post by _Georgie
Yeah I will :frown:

I didn't mean it in that way :biggrin: I have every faith in you, :hugs:
Reply 2662
Original post by bananarama2
I didn't mean it in that way :biggrin: I have every faith in you, :hugs:

Hah, no I know, just rolling with the joke :tongue: I'm going to hold everyone up to their invitations though and turn up to all of your lovely central colleges expecting dinner (especially Pembroke, as its next to first year lectures and I get dining rights there anyway...)
Original post by LShirley95
Unfortunately it's one of those things you hear at an open day and remember, so I'm in just a good position as you to find the figures. I may have a look for them later (iirc Cambridge do have some sort of interactive thing on their website somewhere). They may not have been including IB students, I honestly don't know.

It may well have been, there seem to be so few of us compared to A-Level applicants that I doubt it would really have much impact on the overall figure. Although the exams are over now I've been stressed about meeting my 38 766 offer from King's, let alone the 40-42 most other colleges dish out!
Hah, no I know, just rolling with the joke :tongue: I'm going to hold everyone up to their invitations though and turn up to all of your lovely central colleges expecting dinner (especially Pembroke, as its next to first year lectures and I get dining rights there anyway...)

I hope that all we've been told about Pembroke's food is true. :lol:

(It was the couple of times I've eaten there, but still :lol: Certainly better than Churchill's, anyway... :tongue: )
Reply 2665
Original post by CLS94
All the IB people I know are worried too. I don't suppose you have the actual figures? A breakdown based on qualification taken would be very interesting to see, I would be surprised if 95% of IB offer-holders made it.

Why is that??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2666
Original post by DJMayes

(It was the couple of times I've eaten there, but still :lol: Certainly better than Churchill's, anyway... :tongue: )

Better than Churchill's only if it also has two puddings a day :tongue: I ate a Pembroke when they were having a staff Christmas lunch or something, I wasn't impressed but I'm sure it's as good as had been rumoured.
I wonder what Girton is like for food... One major upside is that I can eat all the puddings and then burn it off on my cycle to lectures the next day - guilt free :wink:
Better than Churchill's only if it also has two puddings a day :tongue: I ate a Pembroke when they were having a staff Christmas lunch or something, I wasn't impressed but I'm sure it's as good as had been rumoured.
I wonder what Girton is like for food... One major upside is that I can eat all the puddings and then burn it off on my cycle to lectures the next day - guilt free :wink:

I've ate at Pembroke's main hall and cafe once apiece and was impressed both times. The other places I've ate at have been Churchill (STEP school), Caius and Trinity (Both Open Days) and I definitely enjoyed Pembroke the most from what I remember.
Reply 2668
Original post by Helenia

Thanks for the explanation!

Well no, I don't think I'll go that far. I'm interested in it, I can be exceedingly keen if interested, but I highly doubt I'm that talented. Besides, I'm too small to be any kind of real professional rower - only 6'1", and that's even being a tad generous. ^^

But rowing in a slightly more relaxed athmosphere might be fun. Might. If I don't get too caught up in yachting, gliding and learning to drive. :biggrin:

Uhh... wait... there was something else... oh yeah - I think in my free time I'll even study a bit. :biggrin:

I felt terribly guilty there :nothing: You get dining rights at Pembroke?

You guys should have a STEP prep thread meet up!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by DJMayes

When I went to Churchill the food was pretty damn good, it doesn't exactly have a reputation for being bad! Probably not the best, but still...
Reply 2671
I felt terribly guilty there :nothing: You get dining rights at Pembroke?

You guys should have a STEP prep thread meet up!

Yeah we'll definitely have to have an event in freshers or something, to congratulate everyone there for getting through it (even if I'm not there...)! Could even open it up to TSRians in general :smile: Or maybe just mathmos and natscis...
Yeah I saw on Girton's website that we get to eat at Pembroke, Clare and Downing (I think) as if we belonged to that college - I guess because it'd be silly to have to go back to Girton for lunch.
Original post by LShirley95
When I went to Churchill the food was pretty damn good, it doesn't exactly have a reputation for being bad! Probably not the best, but still...

The food was fine, it was a light-hearted quip. The problem at Churchill was not the food, it's simply that I wasn't adventurous enough to try it. :lol:
any college with chips at every meal gets top marks from me :tongue:
Original post by ben-smith
any college with chips at every meal gets top marks from me :tongue:

I hope Pembroke serves pie...
Original post by camaieu
Totally irrelevant, but I am in love with your avatar...:love:

I wanted that as a tattoo over where my actual heart is...

This was when I was 15-16.
I'm glad I settled for three stars on my hip instead.... haha.:colondollar:
Yeah we'll definitely have to have an event in freshers or something, to congratulate everyone there for getting through it (even if I'm not there...)! Could even open it up to TSRians in general :smile: Or maybe just mathmos and natscis...
Yeah I saw on Girton's website that we get to eat at Pembroke, Clare and Downing (I think) as if we belonged to that college - I guess because it'd be silly to have to go back to Girton for lunch.

And to listen to LOTF's accent...I'm intrigued :tongue:

Do you not have in-flight meals on the plane travelling between Girton and Cambridge?
Original post by DJMayes
I hope Pembroke serves pie...

Cottage pie ...oohhhh...
Original post by Emmav123

For A Levels, from what I could see online (the statistics aren't easily available) around 10% of candidates meet the standard Cambridge offer of A*AA. For IB, the standard offer is 40/41 points, achieved by only 4.45%/2.84% of candidates respectively. When you take into account that Cambridge demands scores of between 766 and 777 in the three HL subjects on top of this (the figures for which I couldn't find) and that IB candidates are generally higher-achieving before 6th form anyway given many are privately educated or otherwise just very smart, the offer is many times harder to achieve.
Cottage pie ...oohhhh...

Looking forward to seeing what kind of meat Cambridge serves with its roast dinners? Whilst I highly doubt it would happen it would be amazing if they served something ridiculously posh like quail... :lol:

Latest

Trending

Trending