Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oboe1994)
    I have the impression there's both, ie join the university wide team if you get in etc but if you want to be more relaxed there's college level stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was thinking about more general (non-sport) societies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catiexx)
    Dodgeball!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennifer.zheng)
    Dodgeball!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahahah I'm rather uncoordinated and bruise easily, I don't think it's the sport for me

ReputationRep:
    Hey, is there anyone from Trinity Hall for Linguistics here? Feeling a wee lonesome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by St. Brynjar)
    Speaking! A*AA for Geography It's still so surreal that this is actually happening, it hasn't properly sank in yet.
    Good to hear! I know how you feel, I'm not sure I can believe it yet

(Original post by SwarajD)
    CompSci offer! You?
    Physical Natsci, A*AA (the offer that Tit hall seem to like the best)! I can't wait to go, Tit Hall is lovely!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vb789)
    Hiya everyone, congrats on getting offers Anyone else got an offer for BioNatSci at Catz?
    Hi,

I've got an offer from Catz bionatsci

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by not_a_dog)
    Good to hear! I know how you feel, I'm not sure I can believe it yet
    I keep checking my email just to see if there's a 'P.S we're joking' lurking somewhere. I distinctly remember taking five minutes to have a last look around Tit Hall when I left after my interview because I was telling myself I'd never come back. It's great to know that it's all in my hands now.

ReputationRep:
    I keep checking my email just to see if there's a 'P.S we're joking' lurking somewhere. I distinctly remember taking five minutes to have a last look around Tit Hall when I left after my interview because I was telling myself I'd never come back. It's great to know that it's all in my hands now.
    I know exactly how you feel! The first thing I did was check that the letter actually had my name on it and it wasn't a mistake, haha!

ReputationRep:
    I imagined myself to be like this if they want to withdraw the offer: no it's mine! You can't take dis back now! It's too late mwahahaha ... But of course they won't withdraw anything... Will they??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catiexx)
    Yeah I think music/drama works like that too... you seen this? http://www.applytocambridge.com/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennifer.zheng)
    I imagined myself to be like this if they want to withdraw the offer: no it's mine! You can't take dis back now! It's too late mwahahaha ... But of course they won't withdraw anything... Will they??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've imagined this too but in my mind if they ask me this, I'll just say they mucked up with their emails so they have to give me one anyway

ReputationRep:
    Just got fished from the pool by Homerton! I was so happy and relieved that I can only hope I heard the admissions tutor say 'standard offer'! It may be apparently years out of town ... but it's still Cambridge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caitlin_dj)
    Me too I was wondering round looking at all the buildings with this face on :eek:
    :eek:
    :eek:
    hahha yeah it is really grandiose

ReputationRep:
    I got my offer for English at Pembroke this morning. When I opened that envelope, my life changed forever and I genuinely cannot believe that in a few months I will be at the only university I've ever wanted to go to. This all just feels like a dream.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BibbyDuck)
    I have an offer from Caius to study medicine so I might be able to help you I would recommend doing maths alongside biology and chemistry and, if you think you could manage, possibly doing history as a fourth A2. I don't know what your sixth form is like so I don't know if they would let you do that. My sixth form weren't happy at first but when I showed them my AS results they were happy for me to do 4 A2s. History as just an AS will still look very good though, as it shows that you are a well rounded person, and that you have good analytical skills Hope that helped

P.S. http://www.nuffieldfoundation.org/nu...rch-placements have a look on this site, I did a placement and really enjoyed it and I'm sure it strengthened my application, despite not being completely related to medicine
    Thanks! Yeah, I'll see how it goes. I've had a look and it seems like a lot of fun and I'm sure it'll be interesting. Congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    Any selwyn offer holders out there? A facebook group has been made for just you guys:
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/184974481644770/

congratulations everyone btw

ReputationRep:
    What is your secret? I'm really worried. I'm hoping for an A* in Biology and Chemistry - not sure whether to study Mathematics/History at A2, what do you recommend? I'm sure I could attain an A/A* in History but I'm worried that I won't be able to get that in Maths...HELP?

I'm planning on applying for Medicine. Very competitive, I know.

I've gotten into a very good sixth form (currently in year 11 still) - thinking ahead I suppose. Is there anything I can do now that would make my application stand out/enhance it at all? Apart from work experience - I've got that covered. Another qualification? A study outside of school?

I'm on my way to 8 A*s at GCSE. Should be fine - they're easy enough compared to A levels (I'm study Chemistry, Biology and Maths early as I have finished these GCSEs a long time ago).

Please? I'm on my knees begging for advice here. I want the best education I can, as you guys do and are going to get... congratulations to all of you!

ReputationRep:
    My offer letter hasn't come yet - I'm hoping that doesn't mean they sent the offer to the wrong person I spent ages there, thinking much the same! Mm, just to meet the offer now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michael13)
    Hello, I've received my offer to read engineering at Trinity via e-mail but I do know not the conditions yet. What were yours and which college did you apply to? I've not received a formal letter yet because I'm an international. For any student to proceed to MEng it's always subject upon a successful completion of BA so it doesn't really make any difference for the time being.
    I applied to Robinson and was asked for A*A*A. I don't know if it's a college thing or just me being one of the worst applicants to get a place.

ReputationRep:
    I just got a phonecall from Homerton saying they're giving me an offer from pooling! I don't know the conditions yet, but I'm so happy.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.