ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bulbasaur)
    Cambridge chose bulbasaur

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Does that mean Oxford chose Charmander?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FO12DY)
    Does that mean Oxford chose Charmander?
    Yup. They still lose despite the type advantage though. Just like you never lose against Gary in Red/Blue...

ReputationRep:
    Just under two weeks until I get my AP exam scores and find out whether or not I've made my Cambridge offer! Starting to get a bit nervous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bulbasaur)
    Yup. They still lose despite the type advantage though. Just like you never lose against Gary in Red/Blue...
    Well they clearly invoked something more powerful at the last boat race...

Seriously guys, if one of you is really good at rowing (I know I'm not, at least not particularly), go and do try to uphold the Cambridge honour... :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LAstudent)
    Just under two weeks until I get my AP exam scores and find out whether or not I've made my Cambridge offer! Starting to get a bit nervous
    You aren't law at Clare by any chance are you?

ReputationRep:
    Me too! What college/subject is your offer for?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone excited for Fresher's week ?

(Original post by Kowpall)
      Anyone excited for Fresher's week ?
      Excited for all of it really. Looking forward to going up and meeting everyone though naturally.

What course/college?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Emmav123)
      You aren't law at Clare by any chance are you?
      Nope, sorry. Are you also waiting nervously on AP scores?

(Original post by lesmis)
      Me too! What college/subject is your offer for?
      Mine's at Emmanuel for NatSci, and my offer is in AP Physics C and AP Calculus BC. What about you?

ReputationRep:
      Mine's at Emmanuel for NatSci, and my offer is in AP Physics C and AP Calculus BC. What about you?
      Cool college choice

ReputationRep:
      Nope, sorry. Are you also waiting nervously on AP scores?

Mines at Sidney Sussex for HSPS, offer in AP Lit, AP Bio, AP BC, AP French, and AP Comp Gov. And I already had three 5s and a 4 in other subjects...

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by lesmis)
      Mines at Sidney Sussex for HSPS, offer in AP Lit, AP Bio, AP BC, AP French, and AP Comp Gov. And I already had three 5s and a 4 in other subjects...
      Ooh, that's rough... luckily I already had a batch of APs from my first three years of high school, so mine wasn't quite as steep an offer.

Good luck with your offer, though! I took all of those exams this year with the exception of government, and I'm quite nervous about biology - the head of the AP program just announced that the percent of students earning 5s this year in bio plummeted from 20 percent to 5 percent!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Emmav123)
      Hey for the unfortunate souls here doing the IB if you missed your offer how many points below do you think your college would still at least consider you?? I'm thinking 1-2 but I'm not sure.
      Hey, I took the IB as well and I've been wondering the same thing. I think that you're about right, 1 - 2 marks is what i've heard. Fingers crossed for exams!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Oromis263)
      Excited for all of it really. Looking forward to going up and meeting everyone though naturally.

What course/college?
      Oromis you're a gap year applicant like me so we have our grades but everyone else is anxiously awaiting them and I feel slightly guilty for being excited because we're definitely going but its not definite for everyone else

ReputationRep:
      Ooh, that's rough... luckily I already had a batch of APs from my first three years of high school, so mine wasn't quite as steep an offer.

Good luck with your offer, though! I took all of those exams this year with the exception of government, and I'm quite nervous about biology - the head of the AP program just announced that the percent of students earning 5s this year in bio plummeted from 20 percent to 5 percent!
      Wow really? I know a lot of people during the exam forgot about the math part since it's new or didn't manage their time well on the multiple choice.

(Original post by hogwartian1993)
        Oromis you're a gap year applicant like me so we have our grades but everyone else is anxiously awaiting them and I feel slightly guilty for being excited because we're definitely going but its not definite for everyone else
        True :angel:

Ah well, I have a month of exciting to take my mind off the wait... :angel::moon:

I kinda already have a t shirt, but I resisted a hoody and scarf as of yet...

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Oromis263)
        True :angel:

Ah well, I have a month of exciting to take my mind off the wait... :angel::moon:

I kinda already have a t shirt, but I resisted a hoody and scarf as of yet...
        Haha.
        Oh I'm worse than you, thus far I have:

1x college gown
        1x university hoody
        1x university polo shirt
        1x college hoody
        1x college t shirt
        1x university scarf
        1x college scarf
        1x university jogging bottoms

I'm literally going to be a walking University of Cambridge advertisement.

ReputationRep:
        Haha.

1x college gown
        1x university hoody
        1x university polo shirt
        1x college hoody
        1x college t shirt
        1x university scarf
        1x college scarf

Should have waited for JCSU stash

Get yourself a set of Jesus hoodie / raincoat / joggers / underwear

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by wibletg)
        Should have waited for JCSU stash

Get yourself a set of Jesus hoodie / raincoat / joggers / underwear
        Its fine, I'll get those too. I'll probably leave the rest of my merchandise (other than the gown and scarves) at home anyway; I usually wear them around the house, and that way people won't think I'm a complete nutcase...

ReputationRep:
        Haha.

1x college gown
        1x university hoody
        1x university polo shirt
        1x college hoody
        1x college t shirt
        1x university scarf
        1x college scarf

Been shopping at Ryder & Amies? I can't help but look at their website and be tempted to buy things :P

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.