The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LShirley95
You only get 5 full solutions DJ? :tongue:

3 full, 3 solid partials.
Original post by DJMayes
3 full, 3 solid partials.

Better than 1 full, 4 solid partials anyway. It's kinda funny how some people's definition of destroyed by an exam is others definition of nailed it. :s-smilie: I'm sure that'll be enough to get your place :smile:
Original post by LShirley95
Better than 1 full, 4 solid partials anyway. It's kinda funny how some people's definition of destroyed by an exam is others definition of nailed it. :s-smilie: I'm sure that'll be enough to get your place :smile:

I can hope, I suppose.
Original post by bellatrixb
Did anyone else get a letter this morning with work to hand in the first week?

Hey I got mine this morning too! :smile: It's not actually that bad I don't think? :tongue: Is yours the Biological worksheet?
Original post by Emmav123
Really?? What course is that for?

BioNatSci :smile:
Original post by fowlerbean
Hey I got mine this morning too! :smile: It's not actually that bad I don't think? :tongue: Is yours the Biological worksheet?

Yep :smile: Biological. No, it looks ok...at least the essays do. The only one that I think I'm going to have to do some serious thinking for is one asking you to outline an experiment on something I know nothing about. Anyway, I'm going to wait untill after results to do most of them...I don't want to spend ages on it, then miss the grades!
Yep :smile: Biological. No, it looks ok...at least the essays do. The only one that I think I'm going to have to do some serious thinking for is one asking you to outline an experiment on something I know nothing about. Anyway, I'm going to wait untill after results to do most of them...I don't want to spend ages on it, then miss the grades!

It's a starter for us I guess, a taste of what may be to come! :P I agree though, it'll be best to start it all after results day. I'll dig into the reading list later on too, I need to finish the monster that is GoT first :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's a starter for us I guess, a taste of what may be to come! :P I agree though, it'll be best to start it all after results day. I'll dig into the reading list later on too, I need to finish the monster that is GoT first :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same! Now that the exams are over, I've ordered all the A Song of Ice and Fire series to read whilst I wait for results. :biggrin:
Original post by chocoholic_x
Same! Now that the exams are over, I've ordered all the A Song of Ice and Fire series to read whilst I wait for results. :biggrin:

Haha I made the mistake of starting them during exams and then stopped halfway through Clash of Kings, the character development is so intricate so I'm starting it all again :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha I made the mistake of starting them during exams and then stopped halfway through Clash of Kings, the character development is so intricate so I'm starting it all again :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aha, good decision to stop and start from the beginning then. I suppose you got into it through the TV series as well then? :h: I just couldn't wait another year until the next series came out and my friends had been pressurising me to read the books for ages, so I was actually really excited about finishing my exams primarily because I could start reading them. Not the usual reason you'd associate with wanting the exam season to end. XD
Did anyone else get a letter this morning with work to hand in the first week?

Seriously?! Already!

I say that but I've already been given a 40 page vocab booklet and books to read...
Just graduated today in Computer Science. :biggrin: Finally was able to see the degree certificates (flimsy single A4 sheet things) for real and thought it'd be interesting to point out that it does not mention your subject, and it also does not mention any grades you have achieved. All of those things would be in your transcript instead. The certificate reads:

University of Cambridge

I hereby certify that
Ukdragon37
of Emmanuel College
in the University of Cambridge
was at a full congregation holden in
the Senate-House on
28 June 2013
admitted to the degree of
Bachelor of Arts

Witness my hand this
twenty eighth day of June, two thousand and thirteen

*signatures*
Administrative Officer
Registrary of the University

And then there was another one that had "Master of Engineering" instead of "Bachelor of Arts" since I stayed for fourth year (Part III).
Original post by ukdragon37
Just graduated today in Computer Science. :biggrin: Finally was able to see the degree certificates (flimsy single A4 sheet things) for real and thought it'd be interesting to point out that it does not mention your subject, and it also does not mention any grades you have achieved. All of those things would be in your transcript instead. The certificate reads:

University of Cambridge

I hereby certify that
Ukdragon37
of Emmanuel College
in the University of Cambridge
was at a full congregation holden in
the Senate-House on
28 June 2013
admitted to the degree of
Bachelor of Arts

Witness my hand this
twenty eighth day of June, two thousand and thirteen

*signatures*
Administrative Officer
Registrary of the University

And then there was another one that had "Master of Engineering" instead of "Bachelor of Arts" since I stayed for fourth year (Part III).

Why does it sound so poncey? :teehee:
Original post by I'mtiredofyou

I like the "holden" :teehee:
Original post by ukdragon37
I like the "holden" :teehee:

I like the "witness my hand" part. :wink:
Original post by I'mtiredofyou

This is Cambridge, we did sign up for this!
Original post by hogwartian1993
Seriously?! Already!

I say that but I've already been given a 40 page vocab booklet and books to read...

I wasn't expecting to get anything until after results day, but I suppose it makes sense to get reading lists out early-ish
Have any medicine offer holders been sent any reading lists/ worksheets?
Reply 3038
Original post by Natalie21
Have any medicine offer holders been sent any reading lists/ worksheets?

Nothing yet from Trinity!
Original post by sparrowhawk4
This is Cambridge, we did sign up for this!

I suppose so. Although I signed up to a great education, not traditional nonsense. Unfortunately, it is a cross I will have to bear. :redface:

Latest

Trending

Trending