Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    One week until AP exam results are released.... please, College Board, please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bellatrixb)
    Yep Biological. No, it looks ok...at least the essays do. The only one that I think I'm going to have to do some serious thinking for is one asking you to outline an experiment on something I know nothing about. Anyway, I'm going to wait untill after results to do most of them...I don't want to spend ages on it, then miss the grades!
    (Original post by fowlerbean)
    Hey I got mine this morning too! It's not actually that bad I don't think? Is yours the Biological worksheet?
    Interesting - my daughter has an offer for BioNatSci (Catz) and I don;t think she has a worksheet? Are they both the same? You don't fancy scanning them in and uploading them, do you?

ReputationRep:
    Similarly, if anyone has a Phys NatSci worksheet or anything like that, I would love it if you could post it up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bb193)
    Interesting - my daughter has an offer for BioNatSci (Catz) and I don;t think she has a worksheet? Are they both the same? You don't fancy scanning them in and uploading them, do you?
    I think each college does things differently- the reading list is just the one available on the website http://www.natsci.tripos.cam.ac.uk/p...udents/reading. I'd be happy to upload my worksheet if she was just interested, but it probably won't be the one she needs to hand in . Do you still want it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LAstudent)
    One week until AP exam results are released.... please, College Board, please.
    I'm trying not to think about it too much and do stuff for my backup school, Northwestern. Do you have a backup?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sam1w2e)
    I've got an offer for Chemical Engineering at Sidney Sussex Oh god I'm exactly the same, I'd hate it if I had to go to my insurance, as nice as it is (mines Loughborough) I take it your offer is A*AA or something similar and can your A* be in anything or a specific subject?
    Sidney is lovely, it's where I originally applied but I got pooled! Yes my offer is A*AA and the A* can be in any subject how about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nat.2013)
    Sidney is lovely, it's where I originally applied but I got pooled! Yes my offer is A*AA and the A* can be in any subject how about you?
    At least you still got an offer My offer is A*AA (plus A in AS Further Maths); but my A* has to be in either Physics or Maths (Maths is looking more likely)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocoholic_x)
    Oh dear, I suppose they may have thought that having even more characters on top of the huge cast list would be too many for the American audience to handle. Slight xenophobic comments aside, it's good to hear I have more characters to look forward to meeting in the books. Oh yes, I do love Arya. I have four favourites, from watching the show. They are: Tyrion, Varys, Littlefinger and Arya.

Ah awesome, I have an offer from Magdalene too! Mine is for Psychological and Behavioural Sciences.
    Hahaha that's true, to be honest it would be hard for most audiences! Just looking at the character list at the back of the books is scary! George R R Martin is a very clever guy! :cool: I agree with Tyrion and maybe a little with Varys but I always found it hard to like Littlefinger! In your defence, my best friend's favourite character due to the series is Littlefinger so I must be missing out on something!

That's cool! Let's hope we can add to the... Madgaleneys! In case you were wondering, I do indeed have no idea what the actual nickname for people at our college is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lesmis)
    I'm trying not to think about it too much and do stuff for my backup school, Northwestern. Do you have a backup?
    Yeah, mine is Caltech; they were really accommodating in allowing me to commit even though I'll hopefully be going to Cambridge next year. I've actually just come from filling out my housing application for them.

Hmm. Must get my mind off AP scores...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fowlerbean)
    Hahaha that's true, to be honest it would be hard for most audiences! Just looking at the character list at the back of the books is scary! George R R Martin is a very clever guy! :cool: I agree with Tyrion and maybe a little with Varys but I always found it hard to like Littlefinger! In your defence, my best friend's favourite character due to the series is Littlefinger so I must be missing out on something!

That's cool! Let's hope we can add to the... Madgaleneys! In case you were wondering, I do indeed have no idea what the actual nickname for people at our college is
    Aha yes, it's a pretty handy tool though! Whenever I'm reading and come across yet another minor character whose name doesn't ring any bells, I can just flick to the back to find out who they are. Haha, I'm also one of those people who likes to flick to the map when a location is mentioned so I can guage where it is they are talking about in relation to others. XD Ah, it's not at all that I find Littlefinger a character I warm to or someone I like as a person, but he is so God damn awesome to watch! I'm not sure whether this is true for the books because I haven't got that far yet but in the series, Varys and Littlefinger have these amazing castration-related banter and scheming filled conversations that I love. I think it may be because the politics or, literally, the "game of thrones" is definitely my favourite aspect of the series.

Aha, I think I once asked what people who go to Magdalene are called, on the Magdalene thread, and I got the answer 'Magdalenites'. So, hello fellow Magdalenite to be! (Touch wood)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LAstudent)
    Yeah, mine is Caltech; they were really accommodating in allowing me to commit even though I'll hopefully be going to Cambridge next year. I've actually just come from filling out my housing application for them.

Hmm. Must get my mind off AP scores...
    I've been watching YouTube videos from Big Think, they are so interesting! And watching people get angry about their bad housing numbers that came out today... Though I'm 1392 out of 2000ish

ReputationRep:
    Had my first results dream the other night, got into Cambridge (woohoo) but my UMS for M2 was 5...

I would definitely be ok with that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caitlin_dj)
    Had my first results dream the other night, got into Cambridge (woohoo) but my UMS for M2 was 5...

I would definitely be ok with that.
    I had a dream that I got rejected, not because I didn't get the grades, but because they got bored of looking through applicants and gave up! Then I got another letter saying I had the right qualifications to be transferred to the cooking degree they were offering, or I could wait until they started looking through the applicants again, and my rejection could be potentially reversed! Messed up stuff!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalie21)
    I had a dream that I got rejected, not because I didn't get the grades, but because they got bored of looking through applicants and gave up! Then I got another letter saying I had the right qualifications to be transferred to the cooking degree they were offering, or I could wait until they started looking through the applicants again, and my rejection could be potentially reversed! Messed up stuff!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I had a rejection dream too! Mine was that I got horrible grades and cambridge adopted a new policy that if you get my grades then you don't get in. So I ended up working at McDonalds and selling shoes for a living! :-(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emmav123)
    I had a rejection dream too! Mine was that I got horrible grades and cambridge adopted a new policy that if you get my grades then you don't get in. So I ended up working at McDonalds and selling shoes for a living! :-(
    Hahaha Cambridge or McDonald's they are the only possibilities in life .

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bellatrixb)
    I think each college does things differently- the reading list is just the one available on the website http://www.natsci.tripos.cam.ac.uk/p...udents/reading. I'd be happy to upload my worksheet if she was just interested, but it probably won't be the one she needs to hand in . Do you still want it?
    If it isn't too much hassle to upload it, it would be really interesting to see it and I'd be very grateful.

Catz does indicate that there may be work - http://www.caths.cam.ac.uk/home/?m=page&id=769
    'If you meet the requirements of your offer, you may be required to do some preparatory academic work before coming to Cambridge'.

The reading list has some pretty interesting books in it. I really liked How we live and why we die and Why Geese Don't Get Obese (and we do), and although it felt more challenging, Why Chemical Reactions Happen. For some reason, I struggled to get into The Animal Kingdom: A very short introduction, and Dawkins's The Ancestor's Tale: A Pilgrimage to the Dawn of Life sits in the bookcase unopenned, with 626 pages being just too daunting. However, I'm more Phys than Bio.

ReputationRep:
    Someone has burnt down the room above my old one! http://www.heart.co.uk/cambridge/new...-fire-college/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Someone has burnt down the room above my old one! http://www.heart.co.uk/cambridge/new...-fire-college/
    I have a friend stressing because apparently that's where he's meant to be living next year!

ReputationRep:
    I think a few colleges sent out a letter saying if you haven't met your offer, still send them your UMS scores on results day as they might still accept you. I was wondering if anybody knew more about this? E.g. how often do they still accept you even if you don't make your offer, how close you have to be for them to still accept you?

Lol just might ease the panic attacks I have when I try to gauge what my grades will be like in August

ReputationRep:
    To any lawyers heading to Cambridge next year, the faculty just redesigned its website. Might be interesting for some:

http://ba.law.cam.ac.uk

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.