Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah60000)
    Yes, I have after scanning in my results and sending them to my college's admissions office via my school.
    Congratulations! I bet that was a nervous few minutes/hours...

(Original post by lieseldante)
    Has anyone missed their offer and then received a place over the phone today?
    It's not uncommon, but it will vary by college and it might take them a couple of days. I'm afraid you just have to wait and see, really.

ReputationRep:
    Just got my letter if acceptance in the post.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else in a state of total shock?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone in the summer pool? coz i am

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DavidH20)
    5 A*s and a 1 in STEP - very pleased Queens' College, here I come!
    You can't do any better then that, well done

Ridiculously relieved I got in, great feeling. Commiserations to those who missed, good luck to those on the borderline and Congratulations to those who hit their offer.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by batwingz)
    Anyone in the summer pool? coz i am
    :console: What college is that for?

ReputationRep:
    I'm really sorry to hear about people that have missed their offers. Its been such an emotional rollercoaster - even if you missed your offer, you will be off to a fantastic university that you chose as your insurance. Having the strength to go through such a vigorous entrance progress and coming out with your head held high is incredible. You're all exceptional people - Cambridge is just one university, and its their loss if they choose not to take you today. One university doesn't define who you are. Have a fantastic time at your respective universites - you're all amazing. :thumbsup:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lieseldante)
    Awesome! Congrats, me too. I was just wondering if your confirmation has come through on UCAS. I know it's silly, but mine hasn't and it's making me think Cambridge is pulling a trick on me.
    It does take awhile fairly often. If you've made your offer then you have nothing to worry about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dark Lord of Mordor)
    Yarp :five:
    Hey college buddy

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge 2013 Summer Pool Thread

I just set this up so people can chat for moral support. I'll try and give any advice if I have any, but I thought it'd be a good platform for people with experience to give it regarding the situation in one place clearly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eclectic_)
    I exceeded my offer by 4 points but missed the subject specific 7, and got a 6 instead (1% off). I don't know what's going to happen, I've been told my college will inform me of their final decision 'later this week'. I'm prepared for a rejection tbh.
    Although my daughter missed by one point it was in the subject they wanted a 7 in. 776 at higher level, which she got but round the wrong way. Waiting game...........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Comanche13)
    Although my daughter missed by one point it was in the subject they wanted a 7 in. 776 at higher level, which she got but round the wrong way. Waiting game...........
    I'm in pretty much the same situation, got 776 but the 6 is in the subject I needed a 7 in. Good luck to your daughter!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Comanche13)
    I'm in pretty much the same situation, got 776 but the 6 is in the subject I needed a 7 in. Good luck to your daughter!
    Hi there, I was in the same position this morning My offer was for A*A*A (English at Churchill), which I achieved but 'in the wrong subjects' so to speak as the A was in English which was the one they had specifically asked for a * in. I sent the college a scan of my results and they rang me up around 12 to say they were accepting me so what i'm saying is there is a good chance that they may accept you/your daughter. Hopefully they should get back to you soon now that the A-Level results are out I hope it goes well for you both xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bulbasaur)
    x
    So just to let you know, I got it in, in the end! Missed out on the A* in maths by one UMS but boohoo, A* in English literature compensated that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocoholic_x)
    Got A*AA and not the A*A*A that my offer required. Am still waiting for Magdalene's decision.
    Hi there, I think I remember you from the Winter Pool thread! :hello: The fishing colleges seem to have set some really tough offers this year. I know at my college, we had a post-Pool offer-holder visit day and they did say to us then not to panic about the high offers as they might well still accept us if we narrowly missed. This has been proved true in my case as I was 3 ums off A* in English and they accepted me after a few hours - it should definitely help your case that you are so close in both the subjects which you have A's in. And if not, all offer-holders with A*AA (except Maths i think) are automatically entered into Summer Pool, where I think you would have a good chance given that you achieved the grades which are the university's normal standard offer and very nearly made more A*s. I know it's a tough waiting game :hugs: but sit tight, try to find yourself something good to do to keep you occupied and hopefully something good will come your way soon xx

ReputationRep:
    I got 3 A* at A Level with 98%,96%,95% - and an S in maths STEP II (109 marks) - but had a shocker with a 3 (46 marks) in maths STEP III. I had offer at Trinity but the 3 means they have pooled me. What are the chances of getting an offer to read maths at another college do people think?

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to you too. Everything happens for a reason.............but would be nice!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetFA)
    I got 3 A* at A Level with 98%,96%,95% - and an S in maths STEP II (109 marks) - but had a shocker with a 3 (46 marks) in maths STEP III. I had offer at Trinity but the 3 means they have pooled me. What are the chances of getting an offer to read maths at another college do people think?
    Hard to say - it's a bit luck of the draw, really - but with 3 A*s and an S, I wouldn't be surprised. Don't lose hope just yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bananarama2)
    I got in!
    Congrats! Never any doubt...

ReputationRep:
    I made my grades. So happy. Well done to those who did, and fingers crossed for those on tenterhooks still.........

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.