Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord of the Flies)
    Looks like we're going to have a pretty badass team next year. :cool:

(Original post by DJMayes)
    http://www.ilfordrecorder.co.uk/news...arks_1_2337330

Looks like we'll have a celebrity. :ninja:

(If this is you Mr Tough then I apologise )

See the above - Pembroke just got that bit more ridiculous this year...
    Indeed that is me...what a fantastically flattering picture. Had no idea that was up there yet, only saw my school website's article.

I'm guessing this is you DJ Mayes?

http://www.lynnnews.co.uk/news/local...ents-1-5392569

We're all so famous!

ReputationRep:
    I think it is still yet to sink in that I'm actually going to Cambridge, it's just unbelievable I definitely feel much less deserving than a lot of the other mathmos here, guess I better get used to being near the bottom of the class rather than the top!

And I still can't find any "official" Freshers pages on Facebook, all the ones that I can find seem to be dead. :confused:

Are there any plans for an amazingly awkward TSR meetup once we're there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LShirley95)
    I think it is still yet to sink in that I'm actually going to Cambridge, it's just unbelievable I definitely feel much less deserving than a lot of the other mathmos here, guess I better get used to being near the bottom of the class rather than the top!

And I still can't find any "official" Freshers pages on Facebook, all the ones that I can find seem to be dead. :confused:

Are there any plans for an amazingly awkward TSR meetup once we're there?
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/camb...s2013/?fref=ts

I think that's the official one, I've only joined today so I'm not certain, but it's definitely the one with the most people in and seems legit

https://www.facebook.com/groups/153209631505721/

That's the Churchill College specific one.

Congrats for getting in I really don't think you have any need to put yourself down like that, 83 in III is an incredible score!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bananarama2)
    That's the only bit I understood (£1472). They reference forms which aren't called what they call them :l

University fees is tuition fees right?
    Yes. Assuming you are not an international non-EU student, you don't have to worry about the college fee.

Basically all you have to do is if required declare that you are not paying the fees yourself (assuming you are going for student finance), and just give the college your award notice which you receive after you have your student loan approved by the student finance agency.

*celebrities*
    "Only" the local news?

Spoiler:
    Show
    I just realised I can't proceed further without sounding like a self-promoting **** :indiff:

Of course, congrats!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Tough)
    Indeed that is me...what a fantastically flattering picture. Had no idea that was up there yet, only saw my school website's article.

I'm guessing this is you DJ Mayes?

http://www.lynnnews.co.uk/news/local...ents-1-5392569

We're all so famous!
    Congratulations! Pembroke has really done well this year, you all should be very pleased. How did you get on with STEP?

Spoiler:
    Show
    If you say you got S, S I'm going to suspect you all cheated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukdragon37)
    Yes. Assuming you are not an international non-EU student, you don't have to worry about the college fee.

Basically all you have to do is if required declare that you are not paying the fees yourself (assuming you are going for student finance), and just give the college your award notice which you receive after you have your student loan approved by the student finance agency.

"Only" the local news?

Spoiler:
    Show
    I just realised I can't proceed further without sounding like a self-promoting **** :indiff:

Of course, congrats!
    Am I seriously the only person who refused to have articles after exams? Media whores

Spoiler:
    Show
    you can't say that and not show us now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpdavis)
    :console: What college is that for?
    Gonville & caius college. are you in the pool?
    I knew i wasnt good enough. A*A*B and was meant to get A*A*A.

ReputationRep:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/camb...s2013/?fref=ts

I think that's the official one, I've only joined today so I'm not certain, but it's definitely the one with the most people in and seems legit

https://www.facebook.com/groups/153209631505721/

That's the Churchill College specific one.

Congrats for getting in I really don't think you have any need to put yourself down like that, 83 in III is an incredible score!
    Cheers and thanks

Though actually my III score was 81, I made a mistake when I said it in the STEP thread. Not that it's that much different, though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bulbasaur)
    Awesome! Who cares about A levels anyway XD I got 91 in C4 and scraped an A*. I got A*AA haha. See you there
    So if you pardon the pun, everything worked out! Congrats!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shamika)
    Am I seriously the only person who refused to have articles after exams? Media whores

Spoiler:
    Show
    you can't say that and not show us now!
    Well it's not as if we asked for them... and it's not my problem if the school accepted the media offer before I had the chance to refuse.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I might tell over PM, but definitely not publicly. Not least because it reveals my name (although that's pretty easy to find anyway).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by batwingz)
    Anyone in the summer pool? coz i am
    I might be; my college hasn't told me what's going on since I scanned and emailed my UMS. Have you heard anything yet?

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations! Pembroke has really done well this year, you all should be very pleased. How did you get on with STEP?

Spoiler:
    Show
    If you say you got S, S I'm going to suspect you all cheated
    Thank you very much

Although, to be fair, getting 100 in an A Level maths paper instead of 90-99 doesn't really show any more skill/talent, just a bit of luck/good checking techniques! I'm still very happy with what I got, mainly because one of my teachers, at the beginning of year 12, said if anyone lost less than 9 ums he would buy them a ferrari! He's now saying he meant a model one... Thinking about taking him to court

Spoiler:
    Show
    Did all 3 papers, got SS1...84 in III though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerfrau)
    I might be; my college hasn't told me what's going on since I scanned and emailed my UMS. Have you heard anything yet?
    Are you automatically in the summer pool if you missed your offer and haven't been rejected on UCAS? Or have you been notified you are in the Summer Pool? Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much

Although, to be fair, getting 100 in an A Level maths paper instead of 90-99 doesn't really show any more skill/talent, just a bit of luck/good checking techniques! I'm still very happy with what I got, mainly because one of my teachers, at the beginning of year 12, said if anyone lost less than 9 ums he would buy them a ferrari! He's now saying he meant a model one... Thinking about taking him to court

Spoiler:
    Show
    LOL! Definitely hold your teacher to that. Also that's a fantastic STEP score - you all did so well, very very happy for you.

Agreed with you about Maths UMS - I got 1200/1200 and am definitely not a good mathmo (and much worse than what the UMS would lead you to believe). Did you do Additional Further too? The article says you got 100 UMS in 12 further maths modules but presumably the author got it wrong?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much

Spoiler:
    Show
    That's absolutely amazing, well done!! Can I ask, how high are the S grades?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much

Spoiler:
    Show
    Demand that the model must run on petrol :sexface:

Well done and congrats!

ReputationRep:
    LOL! Definitely hold your teacher to that. Also that's a fantastic STEP score - you all did so well, very very happy for you.

Agreed with you about Maths UMS - I got 1200/1200 and am definitely not a good mathmo (and much worse than what the UMS would lead you to believe). Did you do Additional Further too? The article says you got 100 UMS in 12 further maths modules but presumably the author got it wrong?
    Haha I am trying to :P Thanks again

Ah didn't even notice that in the article, no I didn't do Additional Further, the author must have made a small mistake. Just did the standard maths and further maths.

(Original post by Mastermind2)
    That's absolutely amazing, well done!! Can I ask, how high are the S grades?
    Thank you

Spoiler:
    Show
    They were 115 and 109 respectively

(Original post by ukdragon37)
    Demand that the model must run on petrol :sexface:

Well done and congrats!
    Haha, great idea :cool:

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerfrau)
    I wasn't told that I was in the pool, I emailed my college to check if they got my UMS, and asked if I could have an update on what was happening with my application. Maybe you could try that?

ReputationRep:
    Haha I am trying to :P Thanks again

Ah didn't even notice that in the article, no I didn't do Additional Further, the author must have made a small mistake. Just did the standard maths and further maths.

Thank you

Spoiler:
    Show
    They were 115 and 109 respectively
    Very good. Seriously, what on earth did Pembroke do to get you three this year? (How many mathmos does Pembroke take in a year?)

ReputationRep:
    Very good. Seriously, what on earth did Pembroke do to get you three this year? (How many mathmos does Pembroke take in a year?)
    Thanks If I remember rightly, their website said they seek to take seven or eight people a year.

Quite glad to see that article tbh, it's the only one which hasn't seriously misquoted me

Got my confirmation letter just now And some work to do!! :gasp:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.