Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hol123)
    WOO offer for Psychology (PBS) at Homerton!
    Heyyy, I have an offer for PBS from Corpus! Are you excited? What subject's are you taking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PartonProduct)
    Yey hopefully see you at freshers :beer: !
    What kind of things do you reckon everyone will get up to during freshers?!
    Yeah! I'm assuming :banana: but honestly have no clue :P should be fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by susseruss)
    Oh wow, well done! If it's an offer it means they definitely want you! I'm guessing they went off what you said in interview and think you'll be better for having one... Or maybe they think you'd definitely be good enough in a year's time and just need the few extra months? Huh that's confusing. Well done anyway!! It sounds like you got exactly what you wanted

What kind of thing do you think you might do?
    Hmmmm I haven't really thought about it! Not sure I really want one! Oh dear, do you think I should email and ask if they'd have me next year?

ReputationRep:
    Oh guys, I have an amusing story to tell. Yesterday when I found out I got in we went out to celebrate and we were shopping in a charity shop and my step-dad said to the person at the desk 'She got an offer from the University of Cambridge today' and then ran off and left the aftermath to me. Safe to say that the lady behind the desk was just as excited as I was and I nearly died of embarrassment in the shop there and then. Yay for proud family members :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Haha yeah - they just said no general studies Same as you, doing sciences and f.maths and should almost definitely be there in October :^_^:. How did your interviews go?
    It was hard to tell, left thinking they went well, plus my interviewers were really friendly. I had the usual creeping doubts over the next few days, especially when I realised that something I said was stupid haha you?

ReputationRep:
    How many hours/week per subject did you revise for AS and A2 to attain the grades you guys did?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by susseruss)
    Yeah! I'm assuming :banana: but honestly have no clue :P should be fun
    Haha brilliant, hopefully :bban:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asbs)
    Hmmmm I haven't really thought about it! Not sure I really want one! Oh dear, do you think I should email and ask if they'd have me next year?
    It couldn't hurt to try! They're not going to take the offer from you for asking Email and ask and then at least you tried if they say no.

If you end up having to have the gap year you could always apply to one of those teaching English abroad schemes - see some of the world while being vaguely useful That's what I was planning on maybe doing if I was rejected..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katiemcswiney)
    How many hours/week per subject did you revise for AS and A2 to attain the grades you guys did?
    nowhere near enough is my only accurate answer! My teachers have been worried about my lack of additional work put in for a long time, but as of this year have just said, look you know what youre doing we will just leave you to it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darbyj)
    It was hard to tell, left thinking they went well, plus my interviewers were really friendly. I had the usual creeping doubts over the next few days, especially when I realised that something I said was stupid haha you?
    Ah fair enough pretty much the same happened with me, one of the interviews went a lot worse than the others though oh well, looks like the others made up for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rozzy200)
    Congratulations everyone! I don't suppose there's anyone else out there on tsr with an offer for Medicine at Catz?

(St Catharines, Medicine, A*AA)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How many hours/week per subject did you revise for AS and A2 to attain the grades you did?

I just need a little guidance haha.

(Original post by katiemcswiney)
      [COLOR=#"008000"]Not masses. Just a few hours a week, stepping up for the couple of days before an exam.[/COLOR]

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      Ah fair enough pretty much the same happened with me, one of the interviews went a lot worse than the others though oh well, looks like the others made up for it
      haha definitely I only had one interview, so it all felt kinda sink or swim :P nowhere near as bad as people make out though, I didn't get any esoteric questions

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Asbs)
      Just a thought, but might it be because of your age? I've heard of 'enforced' deferred entries before because the student in question wouldn't have been 18 by the time the course started or something. But I guess they would've mentioned this to you? The best thing might indeed be to ask them about the reason and whether they'd take you next year. Congratulations nevertheless.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by darbyj)
      haha definitely I only had one interview, so it all felt kinda sink or swim :P nowhere near as bad as people make out though, I didn't get any esoteric questions
      Wow one interview really is sink or swim :eek: . Luckily I had three . Must agree that it actually wasn't as bad as I thought though I too didn't get any 'oxbridge questions' - heard of somebody that got asked "Are you an apple or a pear?" though!

ReputationRep:
      Anybody doing English at St John's?

ReputationRep:
      Wow one interview really is sink or swim :eek: . Luckily I had three . Must agree that it actually wasn't as bad as I thought though I too didn't get any 'oxbridge questions' - heard of somebody that got asked "Are you an apple or a pear?" though!
      Haha the blank expression on my face if an interviewer asked me that would be priceless...

ReputationRep:
      Any offer holders for NatSci (either Bio or Physical) please PM if you'd like to be added to the Social Group - be nice if we could get to know each other a little!

ReputationRep:
      If I got that question I wouldn't be able to stop myself from saying "no."

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Gertty_P)
      Anyone for Sidney Sussex?
      Right here Got an offer for Chemical Engineering, yourself?

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.