Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Etoile)
    You too! Have you heard anything from them?
    Nope, not yet, have you?

ReputationRep:
    I still can't believe it but I'm in, I just got an email from Selwyn now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocoholic_x)
    Congratulations! I'm still waiting to be put out of my misery...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dark Lord of Mordor)
    Nope, not yet, have you?
    Nope, but I've just seen the freshers rep guy posted on facebook we should get a pack in the next few weeks. Exciting :ahee:

I really want to hear from them soon just to make sure it wasn't a mistake

Congrats!! :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    Many many congratulations, I remember you from the winter pool....what a lot of stress you've had, then and now. Enjoy your success!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukdragon37)
    Yes. Assuming you are not an international non-EU student, you don't have to worry about the college fee.

Basically all you have to do is if required declare that you are not paying the fees yourself (assuming you are going for student finance), and just give the college your award notice which you receive after you have your student loan approved by the student finance agency.
    Thanks, I'm going to sort everything out tonight. I'm also drawing up a list of things I need.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shamika)
    LOL! Well who are you to say this isn't amazing advice too?

Spoiler:
    Show
    I genuinely did that one year - I wasn't actively avoiding paying, I just could not figure out what they wanted me to pay. My sister is only a year older than me so for three years I only had to pay half of what I would've had to otherwise, which worked out really well (but it would've been nice if someone told me that!)
    The problem is, the penalty for ignoring everything is having to pay an extra 5 grand....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Etoile)
    Nope, but I've just seen the freshers rep guy posted on facebook we should get a pack in the next few weeks. Exciting :ahee:

I really want to hear from them soon just to make sure it wasn't a mistake

Congrats!! :jumphug:
    Oh right yeah, I saw that as well. Can't wait to start uni now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bananarama2)
    The problem is, the penalty for ignoring everything is having to pay an extra 5 grand....
    Ouch. To be honest I wanted to pay, I just didn't know what they wanted me to pay (long story). Definitely don't defer if it means paying more!

ReputationRep:
    LOL! Definitely hold your teacher to that. Also that's a fantastic STEP score - you all did so well, very very happy for you.

Agreed with you about Maths UMS - I got 1200/1200 and am definitely not a good mathmo (and much worse than what the UMS would lead you to believe). Did you do Additional Further too? The article says you got 100 UMS in 12 further maths modules but presumably the author got it wrong?
    I thought my UMS was good before I saw what people got on here. Ironically enough I actually averaged higher in STEP than in A level maths :teehee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMagicMan)
    I thought my UMS was good before I saw what people got on here. Ironically enough I actually averaged higher in STEP than in A level maths :teehee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ...I'd much rather have your STEP results than my A-Level UMS. Swapsies?

ReputationRep:
    ...I'd much rather have your STEP results than my A-Level UMS. Swapsies?
    Sure thing....I had my dos on my back all year cause of those STEP results....especially when I got a third on my mocks :teehee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sure thing....I had my dos on my back all year cause of those STEP results....especially when I got a third on my mocks :teehee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You had to do a mock!?!?

Spoiler:
    Show
    LOL you sound like me - let me guess you cram for every exam? Definitely don't miss exam season at university

ReputationRep:
    You had to do a mock!?!?

Spoiler:
    Show
    LOL you sound like me - let me guess you cram for every exam? Definitely don't miss exam season at university
    yes...but hopefully not this year (as our dos is gone )

I am usually a crammer but I didn't really do that much this year

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, I was lucky enough to get a place yesterday after just getting AAA, and I am over the moon! However, I'm slightly worried all the other students on my course will judge me/think I'm stupid, even though I have been really ill and was barely able to go school, and therefore they were pretty good considering. Will people look down on me because of them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sickoftheslaughter)
    Hi there, I was lucky enough to get a place yesterday after just getting AAA, and I am over the moon! However, I'm slightly worried all the other students on my course will judge me/think I'm stupid, even though I have been really ill and was barely able to go school, and therefore they were pretty good considering. Will people look down on me because of them?
    If anyone even asks you your a level results at cambridge (which is unlikely), and thinks you stupid for them, **** them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If anyone even asks you your a level results at cambridge (which is unlikely), and thinks you stupid for them, **** them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks that makes me feel so much better!

ReputationRep:
    Hello! Of course, I'd remember your username anywhere. Thank you so much for your support, I have actually been periodically reading this message to lift my hopes up. Congratulations on being accepted by the way! You must be ecstatic.
    It's not long now until I find out my fate, I think they're making all the important decisions now. Magdalene still haven't contacted me so I'm taking that as a sign that I'm in the summer pool. Realistically, I don't think it's likely I'll be fished yet another time. However, the email I received yesterday did say that they would be happy to take me if my grades went up after a remark. So perhaps I'll get a second chance. Or maybe that's my desire to not give up on Cambridge talking.
    I was about to reply to this saying that you have a good chance of being fished again as there was obviously something in your application which made them want to fish you the first time around... then I saw your later post saying that you'd been fished by Selwyn! Hurrah! Well done you!
    And yes I am ecstatic, as I'm sure are you. It's only just starting to sink in with me, that I can actually be certain that I'm going to Cambridge in 414 days time I got a letter from Churchill this morning saying "please could you confirm by email that you intend to accept this place" which did make me laugh at the suggestion of the possibility that I might not!
    Remembering the Winter Pool thread, you know i think you were the first person who ever said something to me on TSR when you complimented me on my username!

ReputationRep:
    You had to do a mock!?!?

Spoiler:
    Show
    Yes there are mocks :teehee:

Spoiler:
    Show
    and I know at least one dos who threatens (and legend has it the threat is real) to kick you out if your performance is bad enough such that he judges you cannot improve to a 2.1 by exam time :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukdragon37)
    Yes there are mocks :teehee:

Spoiler:
    Show
    and I know at least one dos who threatens (and legend has it the threat is real) to kick you out if your performance is bad enough such that he judges you cannot improve to a 2.1 by exam time :lolwut:
    **** seriously?

Kind of takes the 'mock' out of mock

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.