Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackkkkk)
    Heyyy, I have an offer for PBS from Corpus! Are you excited? What subject's are you taking
    Well done!! Yes I am excited, can't quite believe it! I do Biol, Chem, psychology and did AS Maths, wbu?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gertty_P)
    Anyone for Sidney Sussex?

Yup! Medicine. You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hol123)

Well done!! Yes I am excited, can't quite believe it! I do Biol, Chem, psychology and did AS Maths, wbu?
    I cant believe it either haha so surreal. Wow very science heavy - I expected my chances to be so slim due to my lack of it. I did A2 Psych, Geog, RS, EPQ and AS Bio.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by susseruss)
    Hello, I'll be at Fitz too! (If all goes to plan!). For English
    (Original post by PartonProduct)
    Hey guys!
    I'm in for Phys Nat Sci - offer: just 2 A's at Fitzwilliam college !!

Is anyone else in for Fitz (please say yes, haven't found ANYONE yet )

Oh, and congratz to everyone here
    Fitz here too
    2 As.. you're so lucky xD Take it you already have an A*?

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Anyone for PhysNatSci at Catz? If so, what were your offers like? Sorry if that's nosey...

ReputationRep:
    Any Fitz Mathematicians here? Love to meet some of you!

ReputationRep:
    HOMERTON PPL TALK TO ME
    AlSO THE MMLERS
    then you'll have a nice 2nd year friend by the time you start xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnttam)
    Our 6th form had 9 oxbridge applicants, 4 oxford applicants all straight rejected, 5 cambridge, 2 straight rejected, 1 after interview, 1 pooled and then i got an offer. Is this par or low with regards to acceptance
    last year my school had 14 oxbridge rejections - 12 interviews and 0 acceptances....

ReputationRep:
    before offer: i know i'll get the grades I just need the offer!
    after offer: ive got the offer but its useless these grades will prove impossible to achieve

ReputationRep:
    Selwyn for psychological and behavioural sciences. I found out sunday because I was pooled so I don't know what my offer is yet. Any pbs acceptees?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnttam)
    Our 6th form had 9 oxbridge applicants, 4 oxford applicants all straight rejected, 5 cambridge, 2 straight rejected, 1 after interview, 1 pooled and then i got an offer. Is this par or low with regards to acceptance
    Mine had 24 Oxbridge applicants (out of 1,000 in my year), 10 out of 12 Cambridge got interviews and 3 were given offers, 1 pooled. Only 3 Oxford applicants got interviews!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eeeeeh)
    before offer: i know i'll get the grades I just need the offer!
    after offer: ive got the offer but its useless these grades will prove impossible to achieve
    Ermaghad im exactly the same! :L if I fail to meet the offer I don't think I can ever forgive myself... So close now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by St. Brynjar)
    Mine had 24 Oxbridge applicants (out of 1,000 in my year), 10 out of 12 Cambridge got interviews and 3 were given offers, 1 pooled. Only 3 Oxford applicants got interviews!
    My sixth form has ~64 people (used to be 75 but people dropped out), and we had four Oxbridge applicants - two for each. One of the Oxford girls got rejected outright, the other one got an interview and will find out next week if she got in, the other Cambridge girl got an interview then rejected, and I got pooled and an offer. So, until at least next week, I'm the only Oxbridge offer in the school For a posh private school, my school doesn't have the best record - it's more or less two offers a year, and one of those doesn't get in because they don't get the grades :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by St. Brynjar)
    Well....

My school had only 1 Oxbridge applicant, you'll never guess who :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nkspence1)
    What did you apply for?
    Economics. In the interview I somehow managed to do a straightforward differentiation question incorrectly... Took me 15 seconds and my interviewer pointing out that 0 = -2 is impossible, until I realised what the mistake was haha

So I guess I kind of deserved it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asbs)
    Hello all,

Have been reading these threads avidly but haven't joined up till now!

Basically I applied to St John's for English for entry 2013 and have been offered a deferred place- am slightly confused as on the website it says how difficult it is to get one etc. etc. unless you have extremely worthy plans for your gap year closely connected to your subject and that you have to be top 50% of the people they'd take anyway. I might have mentioned something about quite wanting a gap year at the interview, but its all a bit of a hot blur, and I definitely don't have any plans.

Is anyone else in same boat / know why I have got this? I thought they pooled you if you were on the edge of the group they wante? I mean of course and offer is an offer so not really complaining!

Thanks X
    I think the normal reason for doing this at Cambridge is that they think you'd benefit from the extra maturity. Sometimes universities do it because they want to give you a place but they haven't room this year. If you really don't want a gap year ask quickly and if they say no ask again when the results come out in case some people miss their offers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katiemcswiney)
    How many hours/week per subject did you revise for AS and A2 to attain the grades you did?

I just need a little guidance haha.

I'm afraid what other people do/did isn't really a great help to you. What matters is what you need to do to get good grades and you/ your teachers are the best judge of that. You should be able to have a social life, if you have to work such long hours to get good grades that you don't have one then oxbridge is perhaps not the best place for you.

The best tip I can give you is that they are looking for the ability to go beyond A level so you need to demonstrate you can do that. Reading beyond the requirements of your course will help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hogwartian1993)
    Oh guys, I have an amusing story to tell. Yesterday when I found out I got in we went out to celebrate and we were shopping in a charity shop and my step-dad said to the person at the desk 'She got an offer from the University of Cambridge today' and then ran off and left the aftermath to me. Safe to say that the lady behind the desk was just as excited as I was and I nearly died of embarrassment in the shop there and then. Yay for proud family members :facepalm:
    Haha, this is exactly the kind of thing my dad would do. Even when I was simply applying, he told the local butcher...

ReputationRep:
    College: Homerton
    Course: Human, Social, and Political Sciences (HSPS)
    I was predicted 44 at IB.

Conditional Offer found out two days ago by email. Is that normal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lydiixx)
    HOMERTON PPL TALK TO ME
    AlSO THE MMLERS
    then you'll have a nice 2nd year friend by the time you start xxx
    I received an offer from Homerton Do you study there? What's it like?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.