The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Original post by bíborcsiga
Massive congratulations to everyone here! :biggrin: :hi:

beat me to it :wink:
Reply 421
Original post by Meg94
Am I right in thinking you did AQA maths last year? I've seen they recommend ~95% in FP2 & FP3 for the Maths B option. I'm self teaching those units, d'ya think it's possible? :tongue:

If youre self teaching thats very tough. i do maths and further maths and it just worries me that the most relevant subjects for maths b are FP units (i got 86% in FP1 last year compared to 97%+ in the other 5)
Original post by theminimg
Well.. it's got more girls, so you'd assume that having more girls would also mean you'd have more sluts...

Yeah but the 2 other female colleges don't have that reputation as far as I know.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 423
Original post by Etoile
Caius

WOO FOR CAIUS :biggrin: you should feel very proud, Caius do not have a reputation for fishing many people from the pool, usually other colleges fish their applicants
Reply 424
Original post by The Polymath
Yup, weird indeed.

Fitz haven't responded to a couple of econ applicants, yet have given me an interview. Why would they keep the others suffering..

To see if you are better than them?
Original post by Etoile
I thought that, I saw a couple of posts saying they hadn't got back to their actual applicants?? Weird!

From what I can tell, Caius has sent out all it's decision letters, but for some reason, they haven't reached a load of people, so though the decision has been made, people don't know it :/
Reply 426
Yup, weird indeed.

Fitz haven't responded to a couple of econ applicants, yet have given me an interview. Why would they keep the others suffering..

That's mean of them :frown:

Original post by johnttam
WOO FOR CAIUS :biggrin: you should feel very proud, Caius do not have a reputation for fishing many people from the pool, usually other colleges fish their applicants

Ooh I didn't know that, awesome :biggrin: Apparently they take about 10 people per year for my subject, idk if that's quite a lot though? Plus I got pooled from a pretty popular college (Emmanuel) :dontknow:

Original post by jennytempest
From what I can tell, Caius has sent out all it's decision letters, but for some reason, they haven't reached a load of people, so though the decision has been made, people don't know it :/

Damn postal service :/
(edited 11 years ago)
What units are people with PhysNatSci Offers taking?

I was thinking, physics, earth science, materials science and mathematics B, although it sounds a tad heavy!!

Exactly the same here :biggrin:
To see if you are better than them?

No, they should have sent decision letters anyway. If they want to do what you said, they would have pooled the others.
Original post by Bulbasaur
Wow. Correct me if i'm wrong, but i thought they usually make you work harder and get A*AA on top of your current A* in maths. Unless of course you're only doing two subjects this year.. But even then i would've thought they'd want A*A. They must've really liked you! :smile:

And my offer is A*AA for geography :smile: hopefully I'll meet it but I have a few exams that could easily go wrong an mess it up

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Haha yeah that's what I heard, guess I'm just lucky :tongue: still doing 3 A2's this year so... :smile:
Congratz on the offer and hopefully (barring a disaster) I'll see you in October :biggrin:
Just as a matter of interest, when were your interviews? On the day I had mine there were a bunch of geographers there as well.
Reply 430
Original post by vb789
Hi! Was beginning to wonder where all the Catz people were :smile: Not to mention was getting worried that I was one of the only people who didn't know the conditions of my offer til a second letter came - was this the same with you?

Yes :smile:
I recieved the offer of a place letter on Friday and the actual offer letter on Saturday... Don't know why they didn't just send it in one go, but then again at least having two letters makes it sound more real :tongue:
Reply 431
Original post by Oromis263
Yep! Definitely. From what I've heard, it depends on your college. Newnham supposedly advise everyone against strand B, whilst some colleges let you have free reign over your choice. :smile: I know some people didn't even do FP3 and are on strand B.

In terms of self-teaching, on AQA, FP3 is much much easier than FP2. FP2 isn't that bad either.

Right, thank you. I'm doing FP4 this January and absolutely love it so I'm hoping that might help. :smile:

If youre self teaching thats very tough. i do maths and further maths and it just worries me that the most relevant subjects for maths b are FP units (i got 86% in FP1 last year compared to 97%+ in the other 5)

Yeah, I know it will be tough, but I'm up for the challenge! :colone:
Original post by Meg94
Right, thank you. I'm doing FP4 this January and absolutely love it so I'm hoping that might help. :smile:

Yeah, I know it will be tough, but I'm up for the challenge! :colone:

I'm doing FP3 and FP4 this January too. :ahee: I've covered all of FP3, but barely started FP4 (only done determinants and eigen-shizzle). Will get down to that after this damn Geology exam is out of the way. :lol:
Reply 433
Original post by PartonProduct
Exactly the same here :biggrin:

nice what college?
Reply 434
No, they should have sent decision letters anyway. If they want to do what you said, they would have pooled the others.

hmm interesting
Reply 435
My worry is my schools lack of focus on mechanics,

the 12 units we do in total are C1 C2 C3 C4 S1 S2 FP1 FP2 FP3 but then D1 and D2 and only M1, meaning even when i teach myself M2, i may still be way behind the mechanics knowledge of other students, which will not help for physics units!
Original post by PartonProduct
Haha yeah that's what I heard, guess I'm just lucky :tongue: still doing 3 A2's this year so... :smile:
Congratz on the offer and hopefully (barring a disaster) I'll see you in October :biggrin:
Just as a matter of interest, when were your interviews? On the day I had mine there were a bunch of geographers there as well.

Mine was on the 12th December. There were a few physical natsci people there as well I remember. You?

And yeah, I'm gonna try my best, I don't think i'll miss it but you never know!
(edited 11 years ago)
My worry is my schools lack of focus on mechanics,

the 12 units we do in total are C1 C2 C3 C4 S1 S2 FP1 FP2 FP3 but then D1 and D2 and only M1, meaning even when i teach myself M2, i may still be way behind the mechanics knowledge of other students, which will not help for physics units!

The only think I can suggest is it to pick up the textbooks and self teach (you might find you have a much greater understanding because of this).
Reply 438
Original post by bananarama2
The only think I can suggest is it to pick up the textbooks and self teach (you might find you have a much greater understanding because of this).

As it is it looks like ill be doing M2 from now until may and then M3 over the summer, without any help :frown:
Reply 439
Hiiii

Well done everyone!!!! You all should be so proud! I mean think about, YOU were chosen over other people. Colleges want YOU there. Lecturers found YOU, YES YOU, interesting and amazing!

Has any one else received an offer for Homerton or Education?

Good luck all doing Jan exams!

Latest

Trending

Trending