The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 740
Any Pembroke Natural Scientists?:smile: Or any other Pembroke offer holders?
Original post by Nyolg
Any Pembroke Natural Scientists?:smile: Or any other Pembroke offer holders?

:smokin:
Reply 742
Original post by Lord of the Flies
:smokin:

Oh, I remembered you more like as maths applicant. But perhaps it's just that i in your avatar :P
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Nyolg
Oh, I remembered you more like as maths applicant. But perhaps it's just that i in your avatar :P

Indeed - I was replying to "Or any other Pembroke offer holders?" :biggrin: I think there are only two other Pembroke NatSci's on TSR - one of them is ErrinR.
Reply 744
I feel like a fool for choosing a competitive college now. If I get 1,2 in STEP, it's much less likely that I'll actually get in...
Reply 745
Oh, it seems that I've already sent her a PM.

We have to do some wild Valencians-only party in September. :cool:

Original post by und
I feel like a fool for choosing a competitive college now. If I get 1,2 in STEP, it's much less likely that I'll actually get in...

Stahp talking then and get your maths right :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 746
ooops, doubble post! Sorry for that :P
Reply 747
Original post by Nyolg
Stahp talking then and get your maths right :biggrin:

You're right. :yes: Maybe a paper a day will do it.
Original post by und

I said I would start prep today but didn't... :rolleyes:
Reply 749
Original post by und
You're right. :yes: Maybe a paper a day will do it.

That's what I did b4 my interviews. Haven't got asked any maths though, but I kinda felt the math-power. Do them all and you can consider yourself ready.

That's why I like not being a mathmo :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 750

I honestly think that if I didn't have the pressure of other subjects like Physics and Russian, I'd be doing more work overall, and obviously it would be more focussed. I wish I had no other exams to worry about...
Original post by BibbyDuck

Where abouts in Norfolk? :smile: I live in Fakenham myself.

So er, remember you were asking about my PhD applications?

Literally just realised I got an email today at 3pm but I never realised at the time!

This is how I feel right now. :dance:
Original post by ukdragon37
So er, remember you were asking about my PhD applications?

Literally just realised I got an email today at 3pm but I never realised at the time!

This is how I feel right now. :dance:

Awesome! Where from? :biggrin:

(I ask because I recall you saying you had not yet submitted your Oxbridge apps, so I'm assuming this is not about Cambridge)
Awesome! Where from? :biggrin:

(I ask because I recall you saying you had not yet submitted your Oxbridge apps, so I'm assuming this is not about Cambridge)

This particular chicken hasn't hatched just yet, but I'll PM you.
Reply 755
Original post by Crushy10
Ha how weird mines A*AA but I'm not sure if it's including Latin or not ! So I've emailed them to check, I hope it's not, I don't like Tacitus !

Aha, I am actually doing Latin A level so I think that's why they said that :P
Reply 756
Original post by sewm47
Another IB person?! We are a rare species :P Almost as rare as A level people who understand the IB (sorry A level people)!
Have you done much revision for your mocks?
Eugh - those highers are pretty much my nightmare highers! Music? *shivers*
Each to his own :wink:
4 months to go! (i.e. lots of time to make up for the fail that is going to be my mocks...)
Good luck for your exams too :smile:

Well, I've done a lot of English revision but that's due to me having the actual oral commentary soon (in less than 24 hours' time in fact) which makes up 15% of my overall grade, so I pretty much need a 7 in that. Overall English and Music are actually pretty relaxed as far as highers go simply because they have quite a heavy coursework side to them - by the time I take the exams I'll already have done 50% of my overall English grade and 70% of my Music one (and all of the music coursework can be re-drafted until March I think, so I won't let it go until it's at a 7 standard!). As for standard-level subjects, I've done revision for Maths studies (yeah it's a cop-out I know) and Biology, but none yet for Japanese ab initio.

History is the problem subject - there's just such a vast quantity of information you have to retain, and it seems disproportionately hard to get 7s in it compared with other highers. I've resolved to spend most of my weekends from now until the real exams reading history books to try and push my current borderline 6 standard into 7 territory before then. :s-smilie:

So yes, as I said before, good luck in your exams! They're never as bad as you think they will be :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Quick question- does anyone have any idea how long the offers take to come up on UCAS track?

:confused:
Offer from Queens:smile:
A*,A,A for Mechanical Engineering in Math, Physics and Further Math
Reply 759
Hi all, I was pooled by Jesus college for education with eng and drama and picked up by homerton! My offer is unconditional as I am a gap year student. Has anyone who has been "fished" out of the pool received an offer letter yet? Also are there any other education get holders or homerton offer holders? Thanks

Latest

Trending

Trending