Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oromis263)
    You what?! I've seen a fair few!

Probably about 15 or so this year, they seemed to hike the number of spots last year, and then the applicant numbers surged. I know a guy with a Pembroke offer.

It's Kings of King's that you see few of! (And yes, I have resorted to calling myself a King for lack of the correct term for a member of King's) :lol:
    Kingsman.

In fact it's "official": http://www.kings.cam.ac.uk/news/2011...ing-award.html

(Original post by ukdragon37)
      Kingsman.

In fact it's "official": http://www.kings.cam.ac.uk/news/2011...ing-award.html
      You always have to ruin things don't you.

:lol:

ReputationRep:
      I very much hope that you decide to accept this offer and that you will be successful in meeting its conditions. I should be grateful if you would write to me soon with your decision; you must in any case respond to UCAS by the date specified in their formal notification.
      Has anyone else been told something like this in their offer letter, and should I take this quite literally to mean I should write/email the tutor to tell them I will be accepting the offer?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Oromis263)
      You always have to ruin things don't you.

:lol:
      Just like to keep baby Cantabrigians right

(Original post by und)
      Has anyone else been told something like this in their offer letter, and should I take this quite literally to mean I should write/email the tutor to tell them I will be accepting the offer?
      Yes it does happen at some colleges. Although you should write to them separately of the UCAS method to inform them of your decision, you shouldn't feel pressured to come to a decision any quicker or down a specific path.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ukdragon37)
      Yes it does happen at some colleges. Although you should write to them separately of the UCAS method to inform them of your decision, you shouldn't feel pressured to come to a decision any quicker or down a specific path.
      Do you reckon just a quick email will be fine? When responding to the interview invitation I was requested to send a letter... Have you ever known anyone to refuse a Cambridge maths offer? Nobody could change my mind about who to firm!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by und)
      Do you reckon just a quick email will be fine? When responding to the interview invitation I was requested to send a letter... Have you ever known anyone to refuse a Cambridge maths offer? Nobody could change my mind about who to firm!
      It doesn't say that you have to write a letter, and you are going to be firming via UCAS anyway, so I guess not.

I personally don't know of anyone, although there must have been plenty that have either because they got an offer in the States and they think that's better (Booo! Hisss!) or if they got cold feet due to the perceived workload or cost or STEP or something.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Natalie21)
      I would like to know the answer to this too!
      Maybe we should start one

ReputationRep:
      There is no sweeter journey than one for returning to Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Nyolg)
      Oh, more Valencians here! One does not simply see many of them around TSR. Feels kinda lonely .
      I have an offer from Pembroke too And I've seen a few others around - you're not alone!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by izzbee)
      I sent an email confirming that I would like to accept the place as for the documents I have copies of the certificates of my exam results to send off, and today I asked at school about the student support bit and they said that you can apply for it around February and then you recieve all sorts of letters from student finance that you could use as confirmation. As a treat for getting a Cam offer you should get an fb account
      (Original post by und)
      Peterhouse asked for us to send a letter saying whether we want to accept the offer or not (as if there's even a question!), so I'm going to write it today. I guess do what ever they've told you to do and if they haven't, you probably needn't as UCAS will do it.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Kalliope)
      Peterhouse asked for us to send a letter saying whether we want to accept the offer or not (as if there's even a question!), so I'm going to write it today. I guess do what ever they've told you to do and if they haven't, you probably needn't as UCAS will do it.
      Just came on this thread to check about the letter - glad you're writing one too. I was paranoid that I was doing the wrong thing!

ReputationRep:
      I got an offer from Peterhouse too! But is it required to write a letter? I was just going to send an email, not really sure where though. The only address I have is the general admissions address...

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by jetohlman)
      I got an offer from Peterhouse too! But is it required to write a letter? I was just going to send an email, not really sure where though. The only address I have is the general admissions address...
      Oo, exciting! See you in October What subject for?

I thought that this line "I should be grateful if you would write to me soon with your decision" sort of implied a letter, or at any case it was better to be safe than sorry! An email should probably be fine though - I don't know! At the footer of mine there's a thing says "all correspondence should be addressed to" and then the general admissions address, so I think that's the one. The email on the letter is also the general admissions email, so I would go for that

(Original post by mondegreen)
      Just came on this thread to check about the letter - glad you're writing one too. I was paranoid that I was doing the wrong thing!
      I'm glad you are too! Now just paranoid about I can turn how "Yes, I accept! YAY!" into a formal letter longer than a sentence

ReputationRep:
      Hi, I'm an international student and I just received my letter of acceptance today.
      Emmanuel, Engineering...
      Anyone in that college or course??

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by meowcat95)
      Aha no worries, I was just making conversation :P well basically I got him when I was on work experience at a vets (long story) - he was a stray who'd put his paw through his collar and gotten a deep cut under his arm. The medical term for armpit is Axilla, so the nurses called him Axil. So my cat is literally called armpit :L
      What a funny name for a cat, although an unfortunate story about how he got it! did you find it hard to find relevant work experience?

ReputationRep:
      in case anyone missed it - join the catz offer holders on fb!
      http://www.facebook.com/groups/154554041359718/

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Kavalier)
      I have an offer from Pembroke too And I've seen a few others around - you're not alone!

Yay! What course? We should create some subforum or sth like that

ReputationRep:
      Oo, exciting! See you in October What subject for?

I thought that this line "I should be grateful if you would write to me soon with your decision" sort of implied a letter, or at any case it was better to be safe than sorry! An email should probably be fine though - I don't know! At the footer of mine there's a thing says "all correspondence should be addressed to" and then the general admissions address, so I think that's the one. The email on the letter is also the general admissions email, so I would go for that

I'm glad you are too! Now just paranoid about I can turn how "Yes, I accept! YAY!" into a formal letter longer than a sentence
      I have the same letter from peterhouse for med, I think i'm going to send an email to the admissions office

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Dia23)
      Another AMES! I'm doing Arabic and Hebrew
      Congratulations! Which college?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Nyolg)
      Yay! What course? We should create some subforum or sth like that
      Someone start a Pembroke thread!

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.