Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BibbyDuck)
    What a funny name for a cat, although an unfortunate story about how he got it! did you find it hard to find relevant work experience?
    It is rather odd isn't it? I wanted to be a vet up until I was about 14/15 so that's why I was at the vet's surgery :P But yes, it was really hard to get hospital stuff as most places say you have to be at least 17 (I have a late birthday so that was annoying throughout year 12) although I did get some in a reception (woooo....) and at other vaguely related places like the dentist and a lab :L you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meowcat95)
    It is rather odd isn't it? I wanted to be a vet up until I was about 14/15 so that's why I was at the vet's surgery :P But yes, it was really hard to get hospital stuff as most places say you have to be at least 17 (I have a late birthday so that was annoying throughout year 12) although I did get some in a reception (woooo....) and at other vaguely related places like the dentist and a lab :L you?
    I found it really hard to get work experience. I managed to shadow a physiotherapist at the care home I was volunteering at I also got a Nuffield science bursary to carry out a project at the John Innes Centre for 4 weeks my local hospital and gp surgeries asked me to be 18 before I could shadow a doctor, which was really annoying!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elizabeth1995)
    Someone start a Pembroke thread!
    (Original post by Nyolg)
    Yay! What course? We should create some subforum or sth like that
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=312561

ReputationRep:
    OMG no way! They must be loving us Latin-ers for medicine this year! That is exactly what I'm taking

Oh and sorry about earlier - I completely misunderstood your comment (I thought you meant they might want you to take up Latin randomly, not sure why I thought that :P )

What set texts are you doing?
    Haha I thought your reply was slightly odd, but didn't want to reply too obnoxiously

Aeneid IV and Annals XV, we've done all the Aeneid and just started the Annals but I'm not a big fan of the prose ! what about you ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crushy10)
    Haha I thought your reply was slightly odd, but didn't want to reply too obnoxiously

Aeneid IV and Annals XV, we've done all the Aeneid and just started the Annals but I'm not a big fan of the prose ! what about you ?
    Yeah, I read it back and was like, hang on, I sound a) rude and b) wrong so apologies again :P

We're doing Virgil too, finished translation but writing notes about it at the moment... I think we're doing the Annals as well, can't quite remember though :L did you find out if your offer is including Latin or not?

Weirdly though I find translating (unseen) poetry easier than most of the prose... Is that just me? It's more straightforward I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BibbyDuck)
    I found it really hard to get work experience. I managed to shadow a physiotherapist at the care home I was volunteering at I also got a Nuffield science bursary to carry out a project at the John Innes Centre for 4 weeks my local hospital and gp surgeries asked me to be 18 before I could shadow a doctor, which was really annoying!
    That's really harsh! Thankfully a local GP said 16 was fine and there's a scheme for students at my local hospital which was amazing Obviously they didn't care about your work experience having given you a place :P

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I read it back and was like, hang on, I sound a) rude and b) wrong so apologies again :P

We're doing Virgil too, finished translation but writing notes about it at the moment... I think we're doing the Annals as well, can't quite remember though :L did you find out if your offer is including Latin or not?

Weirdly though I find translating (unseen) poetry easier than most of the prose... Is that just me? It's more straightforward I think
    No worries haha

It doesn't include latin it 3 grades as long as they're done this academic year which includes maths which i finish this month

And I find that too, you dont tend to get the massive sentences which never end!

ReputationRep:
    That's really harsh! Thankfully a local GP said 16 was fine and there's a scheme for students at my local hospital which was amazing Obviously they didn't care about your work experience having given you a place :P
    Wow, wish I lived were you do! Yes luckily they didn't mind my lack of medical work experience but my other choices might a bit :/ where else did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    anyone else with an offer from trinity college?

ReputationRep:
    Yay my track has updated! Now it feels more real!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    conditional A*AA offer for Education with English and Drama at Homerton - anyone else out there? (:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe we should start one
    Maybe we should . What college did you apply to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rockthelespaul)
    Me! Congrats on the offer btw, what did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone!
    Anybody here with an offer from Churchill College?

And, if so, for which degree?

For me it is mathematics

ReputationRep:
    Finally got my offer letter :rolleyes: My offer is A*AA, so glad they didn't ask for a grade in my 4th A2 :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rockthelespaul)
    What subject?

(Original post by Etoile)
      Finally got my offer letter :rolleyes: My offer is A*AA, so glad they didn't ask for a grade in my 4th A2 :lol:
      Excellent. Up for King's Parade Crawl, come October (grades permitting)? We get it easy when it comes to making it back to our homes. :lol: (I assume Gonville and Caius have first year accommodation on site?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by matheusz11)
      Anybody here with an offer from Churchill College?
      Another prospective Churchillian here! Natural Sciences for me what was your offer?

ReputationRep:
      Is there another Downing economist (to be) out there??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Oromis263)
      Excellent. Up for King's Parade Crawl, come October (grades permitting)? We get it easy when it comes to making it back to our homes. :lol: (I assume Gonville and Caius have first year accommodation on site?
      First year accommodation is on West Road for Caius, which is about a 5-10 minute walk from the main site I think

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.