Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meowcat95)
    Also anyone know of a medicine offer holders facebook group?
    I don't know about a facebook group but I've created a thread for the Medics since there are quite a few of us flitting about TSR and because quite a few people have been talking about having a thread for the Medics

Here's the hyperlink:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...5#post40940945

Please encourage the Medics to come chat :hello:

ReputationRep:
    Any mathos here???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crushy10)
    Jesus that's small haha ! We've got about 70 as well, but there was only 4 oxbridge people this year and we've got the all time record for the school of 3 oxbridge offer holders ! All from Cambridge haha I'm from Kent any other medics from yours school?
    I think our year is similar, 3/3 offers for Cambridge obviously those for the *other place* will hear Friday :L ah cool, I have relatives in Kent four of us, me and one who's applied to Oxford among them :P you?

Also, join the medic chat!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxfieryangelxx)
    I don't know about a facebook group but I've created a thread for the Medics since there are quite a few of us flitting about TSR and because quite a few people have been talking about having a thread for the Medics

Here's the hyperlink:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...5#post40940945

Please encourage the Medics to come chat :hello:
    Woo medic chat!! See you there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BibbyDuck)
    (Original post by Crushy10)
    If this is an application statistics war:

Spoiler:
    Show

Out of ~100 candidates, we had 1 Oxford applicant and 4 Cambridge applicants. The Oxford applicant (Engineering) and one of the Cambridge applicants (Medicine) were rejected before interview. One of the Cambridge applicants (History) was rejected straight away after interview. The third (PBS) was pooled but received a rejection today and I was the only one to receive an offer (Mathematics), the first Cambridge offer the school has had in (recent, at least) history.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJMayes)

Spoiler:
    Show

Out of ~100 candidates, we had 1 Oxford applicant and 4 Cambridge applicants. The Oxford applicant (Engineering) and one of the Cambridge applicants (Medicine) were rejected before interview. One of the Cambridge applicants (History) was rejected straight away after interview. The third (PBS) was pooled but received a rejection today and I was the only one to receive an offer (Mathematics), the first Cambridge offer the school has had in (recent, at least) history.

Haha, no it wasn't a war we were just be curious Caians

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypercube)
    Any mathos here???
    There's tons of us, if you look hard enough.

What college do you have an offer from?

ReputationRep:
    There's tons of us, if you look hard enough.

What college do you have an offer from?
    Ahh nooo... competition!
    Newnham. You?

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show

It's not a war, just general discussion. But well done!

ReputationRep:
    Ahh nooo... competition!
    Newnham. You?
    Pembroke.

ReputationRep:
    Pembroke.
    Nice. What's your offer like?

ReputationRep:
    Any mathmos here???
    Yo! There are loads of us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bíborcsiga)
    I'm glad you like Magdalene! It was in my top 3 when I was choosing colleges. And let's hope you get the standard offer.

Oh, great, why would it be a bad thing to attend lectures together with your friend? (I could say she/he applied for Linguistics which makes someone automatically awesome, so... )
    Oh really? Well I suppose it's not quite as exciting as having the second longest corridoor in Europe!

Well that will be for you to decide. But no, she's lovely, I just like to insult her. Did anybody at your school also get Cambridge offers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hol123)
    Exactly! I've got my Chem and Biol exams this week so keep on having to remind myself of having Cambridge for motivation haha! anddd 'humans in biol perspective' and 'evolution & behav' look good to me! wbu?
    Oh yes, I keep thinking to myself, "From now on, revision is on!!". But sometimes I don't quite do as much as I want.

Oh OK! I suppose you must really enjoy Biology then? I like them all! XD I can't choose. But I do have a shortlist: Either Evolution and Behaviour, Introduction to Social Anthropology, Introduction to Sociology, or the three Philsophy modules that are available. I have quite a great interest in philosophy you see, so this course is perfect for me as it allows for me to potentially do philosophy every year!

ReputationRep:
    Any mathos here???
    I usually don't admit to it...

Looking at the virtual tour of King's library has made the next 9 months.... a long time. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
      You want an application statistics war, eh?

Myself and a friend at school are the first people to get Oxbridge offers in our whole country in 5 years! Hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Hebbamundo)
      You want an application statistics war, eh?

Myself and a friend at school are the first people to get Oxbridge offers in our whole country in 5 years! Hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
      Didn't know you were Welsh.

(Original post by St. Brynjar)
        Didn't know you were Welsh.
        :rofl::toofunny:

I mean, cuh, how could you. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Oromis263)
        Looking at the virtual tour of King's library has made the next 9 months.... a long time. :rolleyes:
        Enjoy getting mobbed by tourists for the next 4 years

Even during the blooming winter Kings is rammed.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.