Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raiden95)
    Wow that's awesome you must be well pleased congrats! Is it possible to get an unconditional if you apply having done one alevel but the others only AS?
    Aaah thank you! And I don't think so... if you had one A* at A2 but your other subjects are at AS you may be given an offer of AA so when you join your overall grades would be A*AA if I make sense? As A*AA is the basic offer for anyone at Cambridge x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hogwartian1993)
    Aaah thank you! And I don't think so... if you had one A* at A2 but your other subjects are at AS you may be given an offer of AA so when you join your overall grades would be A*AA if I make sense? As A*AA is the basic offer for anyone at Cambridge x
    Then they decide to shove on a B in further maths :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hogwartian1993)
    So it doesn't matter if I'm doing an A2 early ?

EDIT: Sorry this is the wrong thread to be asking these questions

ReputationRep:
    Anyone for Magdalene?

Natural Sciences - Physical

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oboe1994)
    Anyone for King's?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nice to meet you Did you take a gap year then, since your offer is unconditional?

(Original post by bananarama2)
    Hello. What extra curricular things does everyone want to get up to in Cambridge? [assuming you make your offer]
    Ideally I'd like to do some kind of water sport, power lifting, join a polish society/learn polish and alongside my course I think I have to take a language too, so although it's not extra curricular I either want to take Latin, Russian or German. That said, I'm pretty sure when/if I go I will be so swamped by work I will savour every moment of free time haha...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shortclaw)
    Hey guys. Congratulations to you all!

Got an offer for Medicine at Clare. Just need and A* in my chemistry A Level now

One of my interviews was really good and in the other one I made some stupid simple maths error =)
    Good to see another Clareite (is that the correct word?) on here, haven't seen as many as is justified by how subscribed they are. If we meet our offers, you'll know me because I'll be the only one doing Education with Physical Sciences

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThePastyManCan)
    Anyone for Magdalene?

Natural Sciences - Physical
    Me me me! Finally, someone else. Yay! What do they call people at Magdalene? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    So it doesn't matter if I'm doing an A2 early ?

EDIT: Sorry this is the wrong thread to be asking these questions

I'm doing Maths and Further Maths along with Physics and Chemistry - We did the whole of Maths in Year 12 and we're doing Further in Year 13. My offer is still A*AA in Further, Physics and Chemistry even though I got an A* last year :/ But my friend doing the same subject applied to a different college and they're counting his A* from last year so he just has an AA offer

I guess it kind of depends on which college you apply to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karima95)
    heyy guys, anyone got an offer for law at trinity?
    Hi I'm for HSPS at Trinity What days were you there for interview maybe we bumped into each other?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThePastyManCan)
    I'm doing Maths and Further Maths along with Physics and Chemistry - We did the whole of Maths in Year 12 and we're doing Further in Year 13. My offer is still A*AA in Further, Physics and Chemistry even though I got an A* last year :/ But my friend doing the same subject applied to a different college and they're counting his A* from last year so he just has an AA offer

I guess it kind of depends on which college you apply to
    Im doing the exact same subjects as you, and I'm also doing maths a2 in year12 which you've already done. But they won't like me as much because I did maths AS in high school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KrystynaW)
    Nice to meet you Did you take a gap year then, since your offer is unconditional?
    Aye, well kind of, I'm still doing advanced higher German but that's just so I can get government funding for my oboe lessons... It's complicated

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KrystynaW)
    Ideally I'd like to do some kind of water sport, power lifting, join a polish society/learn polish and alongside my course I think I have to take a language too, so although it's not extra curricular I either want to take Latin, Russian or German. That said, I'm pretty sure when/if I go I will be so swamped by work I will savour every moment of free time haha...
    I'm terrible at languages, so that'd be a no no. I too would like to do some kind of water sport. I already sail, but I'd like to try rowing. Having not done it before though I'd have not Idea where to go or anything.

Uni is going to be a whole new world

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josie.roberts)
    Insanely happy after recieving BioNatSci offer for St John's
    Anyone with the same course, same college ?
    Congratulations to everyone in this thread
    Yeah, BioNatSci from Jesus, I honestly can't contain my excitement!

ReputationRep:
    Im doing the exact same subjects as you, and I'm also doing maths a2 in year12 which you've already done. But they won't like me as much because I did maths AS in high school
    Are you actually applying for maths? Cos I did the whole of maths a level in year 11 and they didn't really care, but then again I don't have to know maths x)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi I was wondering (this may sound stupid) but are societies mainly individually college based or mixed (so anyone from any college can go)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catiexx)
    Hi I was wondering (this may sound stupid) but are societies mainly individually college based or mixed (so anyone from any college can go)?
    I have the impression there's both, ie join the university wide team if you get in etc but if you want to be more relaxed there's college level stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    HSPS at Wolfson (mature undergrad) - well done everybody on your offers! I look forward to meeting some of you later this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oboe1994)
    Are you actually applying for maths? Cos I did the whole of maths a level in year 11 and they didn't really care, but then again I don't have to know maths x)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well If i were to apply for Physics that would be maths related? This is a problem isn't it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Epic Name Fail)
    Anyone here from Ireland? (North or Republic, though I'm from just outside Dublin)

Got an offer for Maths in Christ's .. Anyone similar? (I feel like I'm playing go fish! :L)
    I'm from the North, Ballymoney which is up near Portrush? Offer for HSPS at Trinity

ReputationRep:
    Well If i were to apply for Physics that would be maths related? This is a problem isn't it
    Wait are you an applicant? Re this I got told it was great I'd done it early and there was no way it would be held against me, but I still needed to be taking 3 a2s in one year and get the whole of the offer just on that to show I could cope with workload.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.