Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oboe1994)
    Blagh A*AA for insurance(!)... What has the world come to D:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm choosing between two 'insurance' offers from Imperial and Warwick, which are respectively A*A*AA and A*A*A. Still easier than my Cambridge offer though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnymcauley)
    Hey guys I received an unconditional offer for medicine after a phone interview a few weeks ago. Was wondering if anyone else has heard?
    Ps, I did 8 Highers last year and A* them all which is why I got the unconditional I assume, just for any skeptics.
    You mean A band 1s? But even then you still need to have achieved Advanced Highers to get an unconditional :confused:

Also you posted this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie 94)
    We must all feel the same! Do you not live far then? x
    1hr 1/2 - 2hrs. Not too far - a good enough distance not to have my mum hurrying to see me every weekend haha! What about you? x

ReputationRep:
    phys natsci at selwyn

ReputationRep:
    It was a joke geez! You guys are so serious around here! anyhow, good luck on the application and interview process for you guys!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie 94)
    Always nice to know! Speaking of mums, mine cried more than I did today haha :rolleyes: I live in France, so not as easy to visit.. x
    Haha I know the feeling!! My mum was standing on the doorstep waiting for the postman all morning! And oh, so a journey across the channel for you! I live in England so its a lot easier for me x

ReputationRep:
    phys natsci at caius thought id be a tad more elated...

ReputationRep:
    Vet med at Girton Any other vets going to the vet "offer day"? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oboe1994)
    Blagh A*AA for insurance(!)... What has the world come to D:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know right, I feel so pretentious saying it but it's still less than my predicted grades so I feel as safe as I can without compromising good uni offers.

(Original post by und)
    I'm choosing between two 'insurance' offers from Imperial and Warwick, which are respectively A*A*AA and A*A*A. Still easier than my Cambridge offer though!
    If they are easier than your Cambridge offer then I hate to think what that is!

ReputationRep:
    Warwick for me without a shadow of a doubt, i have offers too from cambridge imperial warwick, but cambridge and warwick both A*AA, imperial A*AA with A* in maths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PapercutMagnet)
    If they are easier than your Cambridge offer then I hate to think what that is!
    STEP. :rolleyes:

(Original post by johnttam)
    Warwick for me without a shadow of a doubt, i have offers too from cambridge imperial warwick, but cambridge and warwick both A*AA, imperial A*AA with A* in maths
    Why wouldn't you insure a university with lower requirements?

ReputationRep:
    i meant if i were in your shoes i would insure warwick, i shall put bath as my insurance AAA

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else got an offer from Magdalene? Mine was for Medicine, but there seemed to be a really small number of people going for Magdalene this year!

ReputationRep:
    Name:  is-this-real-life-or-is-this-just-fanta-sea.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  187.7 KB

Seemed pretty accurate right now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnttam)
    i meant if i were in your shoes i would insure warwick, i shall put bath as my insurance AAA
    Oh, I got a little confused because you didn't quote me. Why would you choose Warwick over Imperial?

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone describe what their interview was like?
    Any particularly difficult questions you have to answer?
    Any strenous tasks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sitrix)
    Can anyone describe what their interview was like?
    Any particularly difficult questions you have to answer?
    Any strenous tasks?
    You're not allowed to discuss the content of interviews. sorry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by francesw)
    phys natsci at selwyn
    Snap!

ReputationRep:
    What is your secret? I'm really worried. I'm hoping for an A* in Biology and Chemistry - not sure whether to study Mathematics/History at A2, what do you recommend? I'm sure I could attain an A/A* in History but I'm worried that I won't be able to get that in Maths...HELP?

I'm planning on applying for Medicine. Very competitive, I know.

I've gotten into a very good sixth form (currently in year 11 still) - thinking ahead I suppose. Is there anything I can do now that would make my application stand out/enhance it at all? Apart from work experience - I've got that covered. Another qualification? A study outside of school?

I'm on my way to 8 A*s at GCSE. Should be fine - they're easy enough compared to A levels (I'm study Chemistry, Biology and Maths early as I have finished these GCSEs a long time ago).

Please? I'm on my knees begging for advice here. I want the best education I can, as you guys do and are going to get... congratulations to all of you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KrystynaW)
    Offer for History at Kings, I got the form that I am supposed to send my the UCAS track submission deadline and it has asked me to send photocopies of the certificates that I need to get in; but I'm assuming that means my A2 certificates when I get them rather than the AS ones I already have?
    Was so surprised to get the offer- I hadn't let myself really consider that I'd be going, and all of a sudden my plans for the next year have changed massively! Anybody else for History or Kings?
    History at Kings Similarly surprised about the offer, the interviews must have got better than I thought.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.