Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just out of curiosity, those who have received an unconditional offer, what grades did you achieve (A-Level/Scottish Highers&AH)and what really is necessary to get an unconditional offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oromis263)
    Pssssht, it's all about the flute choir. We iz gonna be smashin' dem tunes in da chapel, safe.

I've heard of some awesome double-floored rooms at the top of Keynes.... do want! They sound awesome. :cool: Kind of sucks having to wait until mid-September to find out our allocations... Ooooh, we get college parents too, some point in August probably.
    Awesomeness personified... Not to come across all nepotist n shizz but me dad had a corker of a room in Bodley Court, I think they might be nicer x) yeahhh I dunno is it not awks being assigned friends... I never get on with people I'm meant to

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munchen102)
    Just out of curiosity, those who have received an unconditional offer, what grades did you achieve (A-Level/Scottish Highers&AH)and what really is necessary to get an unconditional offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    As long as you have the grade requirements you're safe I reckon, the 3 I got all in one year were A* A* A (the A being an AH)

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Oboe1994)
      Awesomeness personified... Not to come across all nepotist n shizz but me dad had a corker of a room in Bodley Court, I think they might be nicer x) yeahhh I dunno is it not awks being assigned friends... I never get on with people I'm meant to

Posted from TSR Mobile
      :cool: Of course, the Bodley rooms are amazeballs.

Well, I think they're just given to you so they can answer any questions you might have and to 'show you the ropes' a bit when you get there.

ReputationRep:
      As long as you have the grade requirements you're safe I reckon, the 3 I got all in one year were A* A* A (the A being an AH)

Posted from TSR Mobile
      Thanks, was just really curious about that lol, well done btw!! One other thing (I'm Scottish) what exactly is the difference between an A and an A* ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      I really wish the city of Cambridge was situated in the highlands of Scotland, not sure why, it's the only way I can think of making the place more beautiful.

ReputationRep:
      Thanks, was just really curious about that lol, well done btw!! One other thing (I'm Scottish) what exactly is the difference between an A and an A* ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
      It's sort of like the difference between an A band 2 and a band 1.
      Except a lot of university offers include achieving an A*, however, only one university (maybe two) give out offers for Scottish students to achieve an A band one, and it's still uncommon to do so.

ReputationRep:
      Ha yeah my mum was just super keen...
      No bad thing. By which I mean, so was I!

Finally (lol..) submitted today, after needing some paperwork from my dad's office.

ReputationRep:
      Baha just saying dinnae diss me oboe. x)

Posted from TSR Mobile
      Och aye.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by I am Ace)
      It's sort of like the difference between an A band 2 and a band 1.
      Except a lot of university offers include achieving an A*, however, only one university (maybe two) give out offers for Scottish students to achieve an A band one, and it's still uncommon to do so.
      Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
      How did you do A levels and AH?

ReputationRep:
      quite a few of us King's gap year people then

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by I am Ace)
      How did you do A levels and AH?
      I'd already done maths A-level when I moved to Scotland, so there wasn't much point me doing AH so my school arranged for me to do further maths semi self taught. Oh and we do A-level music as well as Advanced Higher cos there's more essay writing and harmony stuff.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
      An A is 80% and an A* is 90%, in terms of AH, given they're not modular etc. A* is roughly equivalent to an A band 1. Sometimes universities give out offers on bands, which is pretty horrendous, but I think it depends on subject and stuff.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Oromis263)
      :cool: Of course, the Bodley rooms are amazeballs.

Well, I think they're just given to you so they can answer any questions you might have and to 'show you the ropes' a bit when you get there.
      Aw shucks, should probably play nice.
      P.s. "flute choir" worst word combination in English language. No joke not even being biased. An oboe choir is also all levels of horrendous-ness. Where's the bass?

P.s. "flute choir" worst word combination in English language. No joke not even being biased. An oboe choir is also all levels of horrendous-ness. Where's the bass?
        Haha, very true. Everything is better with bass. :cool: I do hope my neighbours haven't got anything against my musical tastes... :lol:

ReputationRep:
        Have bassoons? :dontknow: Although bass oboes do exist.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by ukdragon37)
        Have bassoons? :dontknow: Although bass oboes do exist.
        I have played in a flute choir accompanied by both bass clarinet and bassoon on different occasions. But most of the time you get by with the good old bass flute!

e.g.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by fluteflute)
        I have played in a flute choir accompanied by both bass clarinet and bassoon on different occasions. But most of the time you get by with the good old bass flute!
        IMO a bass flute just doesn't have the "oomph" you really want for bass

ReputationRep:
        Any offers from Churchill?

Phys Nat Sci - A*A*A in Maths, Chemisty, Psychology.

Going to be tough but hope I get it.

Congratulations to everyone!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.